Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas played Kentucky better than most of these other teams.

Started by JIHawg, March 26, 2015, 10:46:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosboar Accubond

onebadrubi

Yet their entire highlight reel is against us with the exception of two plays against Florida. 

Atlhogfan1

Matchups.  WV and Cincy rely on being physical on the defensive side and offensive rebounding and they are offensively challenged otherwise.  Not going to work against UK as they are too big to be bullied, have too many offensive options to be shut down and are way too good defensively.  The Hogs have some offensive skill for this era.  Defense wasn't very effective either UK game.  But we also weren't so physical on the defensive end as to put UK on the line for a huge advantage.  The officials weren't going to let WV be physical last night. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Kevin

i just don't understand some fans.

yes, i know, many don't understand me
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

3kgthog

BDSCT51

Bleeding Razorback Red

NS02

The gurus in the media did not understand how difficult is to play Kentucky.  They did not pay AR it's due for playing them within 17 & 15.  In the SEC Championship game we played them even better than most, even the score did not reflect that.  In the later part of second half we had the game down to 9 points.  At that point we needed couple 3's to tighten the game and perhaps unglue them.  The three's didn't fall and the end result.  Our success came when we played them tough defense under the board and did not let them have their way.  That is why all the crying about "dirty play".  Cincinnati also played them like AR, and the same KY cry.  They better know, we are not going away.  We are coming back and bringing more with us.

PonderinHog

We didn't beat Kentucky, but we "beat on" them somewhat.  I liked that the Hogs didn't back down.  The fact that we couldn't throw a rock in the ocean, sitting in a boat, really hurt us, though.

onebadrubi

Hogarusa

hogs were down 78-47 in Lexington and  73-52 in Nashville.  Damn the media for not paying us our proper respect!
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

hawgfan4life

Breems

Realistically, UK playing Arkansas in Bud Walton would've provided the best chance for UK to lose.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

rude1

Quote from: Breems on March 27, 2015, 04:41:14 pm
Realistically, UK playing Arkansas in Bud Walton would've provided the best chance for UK to lose.
Not this year. For whatever reason the team was more even keel this year, better on the road, but certainly not unbeatable at Bud Walton as in years past.

woodhog14

Quote from: NS02 on March 27, 2015, 11:48:47 am
The gurus in the media did not understand how difficult is to play Kentucky.  They did not pay AR it's due for playing them within 17 & 15.  In the SEC Championship game we played them even better than most, even the score did not reflect that.  In the later part of second half we had the game down to 9 points.  At that point we needed couple 3's to tighten the game and perhaps unglue them.  The three's didn't fall and the end result.  Our success came when we played them tough defense under the board and did not let them have their way.  That is why all the crying about "dirty play".  Cincinnati also played them like AR, and the same KY cry.  They better know, we are not going away.  We are coming back and bringing more with us.

We were down 31 in Rupp with 8 minutes left at one point and down 21 in the SEC Championship game. We got smoked bad by them twice. What due does the media owe Arkansas?

Ham Sandwich

The score doesn't always indicate how bad or well you played. We played them tougher than a lot of supposed better teams than us.

rude1

Quote from: Ham Sandwich on March 27, 2015, 05:10:58 pm
The score doesn't always indicate how bad or well you played. We played them tougher than a lot of supposed better teams than us.
Tougher in what way? They controlled both games from start to finish and the winner was never in doubt. Not sure what some are trying to get out of this............

Razor6

I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

Ham Sandwich

Quote from: rude1 on March 27, 2015, 05:26:56 pm
Tougher in what way? They controlled both games from start to finish and the winner was never in doubt. Not sure what some are trying to get out of this............

Look at some of the scores they put on people and the margin of victory. I'm saying we didn't get absolutely beat down like some higher ranked teams they played when we had a target on our back.

Danny J

Quote from: rude1 on March 27, 2015, 04:47:36 pm
Not this year. For whatever reason the team was more even keel this year, better on the road, but certainly not unbeatable at Bud Walton as in years past.
I agree.....we probably wouldn't have been beaten as easily but we still would have lost. They are just better and by better I mean a lot better than every team in the country.

Ham Sandwich

Quote from: Danny J on March 28, 2015, 04:29:35 pm
I agree.....we probably wouldn't have been beaten as easily but we still would have lost. They are just better and by better I mean a lot better than every team in the country.

Did they play on the road in an environment that Bud Walton would've created? I don't think they did all year to be honest.

Hogarusa

Many things Hogs fans can hang their hats on and be proud about this season.  The 2 Kentucky games arent 2 of them. 
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Will Tom

Quote from: Hogarusa on March 28, 2015, 06:42:50 pm
Many things Hogs fans can hang their hats on and be proud about this season.  The 2 Kentucky games arent 2 of them.

I used to not care about moral victories but then I started coaching 3A Arkansas Track and Field in NWA.

thebignasty

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on March 27, 2015, 11:13:33 am
Matchups.  WV and Cincy rely on being physical on the defensive side and offensive rebounding and they are offensively challenged otherwise.  Not going to work against UK as they are too big to be bullied, have too many offensive options to be shut down and are way too good defensively.  The Hogs have some offensive skill for this era.  Defense wasn't very effective either UK game.  But we also weren't so physical on the defensive end as to put UK on the line for a huge advantage.  The officials weren't going to let WV be physical last night.

WVU plays our style.

hawgfan4life

I think we got KY's best game both times.  They were pumped to play us the first game because we came into the season projected as their competition and it had played out that way.  Not to mention we had beaten them three in a row.  They coasted in a few closer games but they were jacked at home that first game.  The second game they were pumped to build on their legacy and win the SEC Tournament.  After they dismantled WV, they were a little too confident and not as focused today.  Still won.  They have all week to get ready for WI and both should bring their best to the final four. 

Will Tom

Quote from: hawgfan4life on March 28, 2015, 10:46:48 pm
I think we got KY's best game both times.  They were pumped to play us the first game because we came into the season projected as their competition and it had played out that way.  Not to mention we had beaten them three in a row.  They coasted in a few closer games but they were jacked at home that first game.  The second game they were pumped to build on their legacy and win the SEC Tournament.  After they dismantled WV, they were a little too confident and not as focused today.  Still won.  They have all week to get ready for WI and both should bring their best to the final four.

I don't want to seem out of touch with the forum but we are not as good as the other teams still playing.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: thebignasty on March 28, 2015, 10:23:59 pm
WVU plays our style.

Not this season.  They may have played something we wanted to play defensively or even tried to and didn't happen.  We were much more offensively slanted and  offensively skilled than WV.  Our best offensive players were not good defensive players.  WV relied on offensive rebounding and extra scoring chances from turnovers even more so than the Hogs.  It was actually remarkable and a testament to WV's pressure that they won as many as they did and made the NCAAT as they didn't have much else except great effort in offensive rebounding. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys.