Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spring game in WMS April 7th

Started by ArKan5a5 KiD, January 25, 2018, 07:05:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

Quote from: factchecker on January 29, 2018, 06:00:08 pm
That "little sister" was chosen as the the best place to live in Arkansas:

http://time.com/money/5108196/best-places-to-live-every-state-us

It's sad that you hate NWA, Fayetteville, and the Razorbacks all because you were too dumb to get into THE University of Arkansas.

It has Allen Tx as the best place to live in Tx.....I don't know about that link.
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Arkansas Hog in Dallas on January 25, 2018, 03:59:52 pm
Why do people want games in LR? LSU fans don't demand games in New Orleans.

LOL..! That's like wanting to move a Razorback game to Springdale. I mean, distance wise...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on January 30, 2018, 07:39:13 am
So, winning is what counts the most in their allegiance, that I can understand, where they play, not as important, correct?

NWA may as well be SE Kansas for all these Seark kids know. On any given Saturday one can watch Alabama, LSU, Auburn, A&M, etc. I think the best way to get the Razorbacks to stand out is to make them accessible to all kids in Seark. We haven't done that in several years. LR games help.

Hog-N-Ham

From a player recruiting perspective and based on the initial glimpse at Coach Morris's recruiting strategy, it seems his long-term plan is to build the foundation of the Razorback football team with Texas kids, complimented by the few SEC caliber players Arkansas produces (and surrounding states Oklahoma, Missouri, Louisiana, Tennessee, Mississippi) that he can sign.

This could lead one to consider that in 2018 and beyond, playing a red-white or an regular season game in Dallas is the more important off campus game, considering DFW is in the heart of fertile recruiting territory that aligns with the coaching staffs recruiting strategy (if that is indeed his plan). 

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on January 30, 2018, 10:36:48 pm
NWA may as well be SE Kansas for all these Seark kids know. On any given Saturday one can watch Alabama, LSU, Auburn, A&M, etc. I think the best way to get the Razorbacks to stand out is to make them accessible to all kids in Seark. We haven't done that in several years. LR games help.

No, really what you are saying is they have to win. Those other schools are further away than Fayetteville, the difference is winning, not LR games.

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on January 31, 2018, 07:45:09 am
No, really what you are saying is they have to win. Those other schools are further away than Fayetteville, the difference is winning, not LR games.

Touché. Winning does cure all. But we've only been winning at a very scarce clip.

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on January 31, 2018, 10:12:48 am
Touché. Winning does cure all. But we've only been winning at a very scarce clip.

No doubt, winning cures a lot of ills....

LZH

Quote from: ricepig on January 31, 2018, 10:20:10 am
No doubt, winning cures a lot of ills....

I was fairly underwhelmed when CM was announced, but after a bit of digging around I'm not sure so that he isn't our guy.

ricepig

Quote from: LZH on January 31, 2018, 12:12:53 pm
I was fairly underwhelmed when CM was announced, but after a bit of digging around I'm not so that he isn't our guy.

We'll know in 5 years!!

LZH

ricepig

Inhogswetrust

I know the start of spring is before that but I'm still trying to figure out why it's called the "spring" game when the last frost date in LR is one day after that.............
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

99toLife

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 31, 2018, 12:17:59 pm
I know the start of spring is before that but I'm still trying to figure out why it's called the "spring" game when the last frost date in LR is one day after that.............

Because it's not called the before or after the last frost game.

Spring starts March 20th....as you know.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: 99toLife on January 31, 2018, 12:26:00 pm
Because it's not called the before or after the last frost game.

Spring starts March 20th....

Duh........Thus the first nine words in my post.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Haters gonna hate

Quote from: Reservoir Hogs on January 25, 2018, 03:12:09 pm
We do not usually have big crowds for spring game, but I figured this year with the excitement of a new offense turnout would be pretty high.
Its nice when they can do it along with a big baseball weekend in Fayetteville.

It's at War Memorial

99toLife

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 31, 2018, 12:27:29 pm
Duh........Thus the first nine words in my post.

Yes, then DUH, they call it the Spring game because it happens in the SPRING!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: 99toLife on January 31, 2018, 12:30:47 pm
Yes, then DUH, they call it the Spring game because it happens in the SPRING!

But explain to us why a frost can occur afterwards...........Hint, it is somewhat related to seasonal lag. That being said I was simply trying to have a little levity.

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 31, 2018, 12:17:59 pm

Don't wrack your brain too hard, Gump...it's called the spring game because, well uh, it is a football game played in the spring.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on January 31, 2018, 12:34:16 pm
Don't wrack your brain too hard, Gump...it's called the spring game because, well uh, it is a football game played in the spring.

I forget. Is it spring in the southern hemisphere at the same time as the northern?

99toLife

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 31, 2018, 12:33:33 pm
But explain to us why a frost can occur afterwards...........Hint, it is somewhat related to seasonal lag.

OKAY Explain why you can get 7 inches of snow in October 100 miles North of Arkansas?

All Good! just some fun

steveaustin69

Quote from: 99toLife on January 31, 2018, 12:30:47 pm
Yes, then DUH.............................. they call it the Spring game because it happens in the SPRING......................

FIFY so hopefully Inhogswetrust understands

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: twistitup on January 30, 2018, 05:55:18 pm
It has Allen Tx as the best place to live in Tx.....I don't know about that link.

Heck depending on the criteria used one can make a case for Pine Bluff being the best in Arkansas................................I admit that would be extremely difficult.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: steveaustin69 on January 31, 2018, 12:35:36 pm
FIFY so hopefully Inhogswetrust understands

What part of just having a little fun on a slow sports day do you guys not understand.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 31, 2018, 12:35:20 pm
I forget. Is it spring in the southern hemisphere at the same time as the northern?

You fall off the wagon this morning?  Too much shine?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: 99toLife on January 31, 2018, 12:35:29 pm
OKAY Explain why you can get 7 inches of snow in October 100 miles North of Arkansas?

All Good! just some fun

That's easy. It's called proper temperature and moisture.

Busta_Nutt

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 31, 2018, 12:35:20 pm

Hang it up for the day. We'll see you tomorrow.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on January 31, 2018, 12:40:27 pm
Hang it up for the day. We'll see you tomorrow.

So you guys think that people really care more about a PRACTICE than the weather? There is a reason that news broadcasts has the weather before sports.

I Am Smart

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 31, 2018, 12:42:33 pm
So you guys think that people really care more about a PRACTICE than the weather? There is a reason that news broadcasts has the weather before sports.

We get it, Iverson
"Stupid is as stupid does" - Forrest Gump

steveaustin69

Am I gonna see your mugshot on the nightly news ala Clarke Moore?

LZH

Quote from: I Am Smart on January 31, 2018, 12:44:31 pm
We get it, Iverson

Practice makes perfect....with the possible exception of The Grateful Dead - it seemed the more they practiced, the sloppier they got. Go figger.

Busta_Nutt

Your logic is killing your argument. Is there a reason that there are 20+ sports networks and only one weather channel? Because people care more about sports than the weather, I suppose.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Busta_Nutt on January 31, 2018, 12:51:26 pm
Your logic is killing your argument. Is there a reason that there are 20+ sports networks and only one weather channel? Because people care more about sports than the weather, I suppose.

There are more sports networks due to people willing to PAY for sports for entertainment. Weather is not entertainment, it is a part of life itself and thus more important. Not everyone cares about sports but we ALL have to deal with the weather. People can check the weather online and with Apps faster but they still have the weather before sports on news broadcasts. Why is that. Who do you think watches old style news broadcasts anyway. Old folks that don't want to change.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 31, 2018, 12:58:29 pm
There are more sports networks due to people willing to PAY for sports for entertainment. Weather is not entertainment, it is a part of life itself and thus more important. Not everyone cares about sports but we ALL have to deal with the weather. People can check the weather online and with Apps faster but they still have the weather before sports on news broadcasts. Why is that. Who do you think watches old style news broadcasts anyway. Old folks that don't want to change.

What exactly are you getting at?

I Am Smart

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 31, 2018, 12:58:29 pm

Why are you on Hogville and not a weather forum?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: steveaustin69 on January 31, 2018, 01:08:42 pm
What exactly are you getting at?

Good grief, you never have any fun I guess.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: I Am Smart on January 31, 2018, 01:13:11 pm
Why are you on Hogville and not a weather forum?

It's the off season. People post silly stuff all the time on here anyway.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: I Am Smart on January 31, 2018, 12:44:31 pm
We get it, Iverson

One of the funniest interviews ever done by an athlete!

I Am Smart

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 31, 2018, 01:14:51 pm
It's the off season. People post silly stuff all the time on here anyway.

Weather never has an off season though so you should be on there year round

I Am Smart

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 31, 2018, 01:16:13 pm
One of the funniest interviews ever done by an athlete!

Nick Marshall and Jameis Winston are more entertaining

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: steveaustin69 on January 31, 2018, 12:46:03 pm
Am I gonna see your mugshot on the nightly news ala Clarke Moore?

It will be right after yours featuring your fantastic escape from the mental ward.

steveaustin69

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 31, 2018, 01:14:02 pm
Good grief, you never have any fun I guess.

Your idea of fun is strange.

I Am Smart

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 31, 2018, 01:17:49 pm
It will be right after yours featuring your fantastic escape from the mental ward.

pot meet kettle

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: I Am Smart on January 31, 2018, 01:16:17 pm
Weather never has an off season though so you should be on there year round

You don't know if I am or not....................

I Am Smart

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on January 31, 2018, 01:19:06 pm
You don't know if I am or not....................

No way you have time for multiple forums with the amount of time you spend typing ellipses ....................................................................

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: I Am Smart on January 31, 2018, 01:16:59 pm
Nick Marshall and Jameis Winston are more entertaining

Not even close. The only one that ever came close was Marshawn Lynch. He gave great answers!

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: I Am Smart on January 31, 2018, 01:20:32 pm
No way you have time for multiple forums with the amount of time you spend typing ellipses ....................................................................

Sorry you can't multi task......................

Inhogswetrust

I Am Smart

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: I Am Smart on January 31, 2018, 01:24:12 pm
#BandNerdLivesMatter

I have no good comeback to that. Your best post yet in your young career here. Good job!