Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lindsey's Rainbow Resort....

Started by longtimeHogfan, March 24, 2015, 02:58:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

longtimeHogfan

50-year-old + family owned, fishing resort to close.  Lindsey's has been a mainstay of trout fishing in Heber Springs, AR for over 50 years.  Mrs. Longtime and I have watched three generations of Lindsey's grow into the business over the years and it saddens us to see it closing.  The resort underwent a massive updating and regeneration 2-3 years ago and just wasn't able to get over the hump.  A Conway bank is officially foreclosing on the business and Billy Lindsey said on their web site that they will be closing. 

The world record Brown Trout was caught in The Little Red River at least twice that I know of.  It was something around 38 lbs. at the time.  The world record is in Norway or somewhere now. 

My personal best is a 5-lb rainbow.  Three times.  Saddens me to see them close.....thanks for the memories.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 24, 2015, 03:04:36 pm
Didn't they announce the closure back in June?

If they did I didn't see it.  The story in today's Arkansas-Gazette was the first I knew.
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: ScottFaldon on March 24, 2015, 03:10:46 pm
Hmm, the date on the post on lindseysresort.com is June 30, 2014. Maybe they coded the post incorrectly.

http://lindseysresort.com/archives/1847

Regardless, it's sad news. Hopefully somebody else can make a go of it there.

Yeah, I didn't check the date on the web site.  Like I said the article in todays paper caught us by surprise.  Billy Lindsey was riding a bike with training wheels when we first started going there.

rickm1976

Sorry to hear that.  I like the White River a little better (more water to fish), but still enjoy going to Lindsey's from time to time.

HawgWild

This morning's news said that they were almost all booked up for the summer and were calling folks to tell them they were closing. Seems to me if business was that good they'd at least stay open over the summer but I know nothing about the bankruptcy process. (Thankfully.)

DoggtownHog

I know that they were trying to sell it for a while. I guess no one wanted it for the price they were asking. I know that several buyers flew in to check it out.
How stupid a man is depends on where he's standing.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogcard1964

I used to go to place called "Red Bud Resort" near the Cotter/Flippin area 25+ years ago.  Great trout fishing but from what I understand they closed down the business also and sectioned off the cabins for indiviual sales.  Too bad.

Sorry to hear about Lindsey's also.  I was there at least twice.  Sad that these places are going away.