Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Disney World

Started by kitshicker, November 03, 2006, 11:33:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kitshicker

I am taking the wife and kids to DW for Christmas break. This will be our 1st time.
We are getting the 2 day magic your way passes.
Any recommendations on the best 2 theme parks to visit? Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot or MGM studios.....15 yr old boy and 13 yr old girl...Thanks

Razorjim

For your age kids.  It's the Magic Kingdom and MGM.  Going at Christmas break expect it to be crowded.

flhog1

Quote from: kitshicker on November 03, 2006, 11:33:55 am
I am taking the wife and kids to DW for Christmas break. This will be our 1st time.
We are getting the 2 day magic your way passes.
Any recommendations on the best 2 theme parks to visit? Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, Epcot or MGM studios.....15 yr old boy and 13 yr old girl...Thanks

Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom.  For the "adults" Epcot.....Beers around the world...lots of fun.  They also have good rides for kids in that age group.  I would also highly recommend going to Sea World and have dinner in the Universal Walk area.....Margaritaville would be fun for the family.....PM me for additional.... 8)

RazorBrad

for your kids, I would suggest Magic Kingdom and Disney Studios. Animal Kingdom is pretty much a bore to me with the exception of 4-5 attractions. I hated Epcot when I was in my teens, now I think its great and find myself spending more time there than the other parks. Just so you know the week of Christmas is the busiest week of the year there. They usually shut MK down around 10 in the morning due to the park reaching its capacity of 65,000. I believe. Be sure to check out the Osbourne light display at Disney Studios if you get the chance. If you want to check out some sites and see over 9000 pics from around WDW go to suitedisney.com. This guy has pics of just about everything you can imagine in WDW.
If your not hell bent on going the week of Christmas I would suggest going the second week of Jan. I go every Jan, and usually in may. The second week of Jan is great, absoultely nobody in the parks so the wait times for rides are pretty much non-existing. 
If ytou have any questions about the parks feel free to ask. I have been 14 times.

other sites you should check out are.

waltdisneyworld.com

allears.net

disbuzz.com

Good message boards for asking ?'s

mousehousemagic.com

wdwmagic.com

kitshicker

Thanks everybody!!! Very valuable information!!! :) :) :)

hambone

You have to go to Magic Kingdom and then it's a choice between EPCOT and MGM.   EPCOT is more educational and has some of the best rides.  Mission Mars is great and so is Soarin'.   Test track didn't do much for me at EPCOT.   The Energy ride (Ellen Degeneres is the host)  was worth it.   

MGM is more entertainment and some education about how they make animated movies.   They do have two of the neatest places to eat.  Our favorite is Prime Time Cafe.   The theme use to be, "mom's cooking in the kitchen".    Now they have guys waiting tables but, it's still fun.   The waiter treats you just like mom would.  Ask her for more ketsup and she tells you, 'you have plenty, eat what you've got and we'll see about getting some more".    Ask for a banana split and they'll tell you to finish your meal and we'll see".   She'll tell you to get your elbows off the table.  She told my son, "eat your green beans or I'll help you eat them".   She warned him twice then she sat down beside him, stabbed those beans with a fork and came at him saying, "chugga a chugga choo choo".     The other best place to eat at MGM is "Sci Fi Theater".   It's too bad you don't have more time.  It really takes about two days to do each of the parks, except Animal Kingdom, justice.

Lando Calrissian

Magic Kingdom, MGM Studios, and (I know it's not Disney, but) Universal Studio's Islands of Adventure are the 3 main theme parks you've GOT to see.

EPCOT is WAY overrated.  You and your teenagers will all be bored.  If you want educational, then take them to Sea World.  At least they've got sharks.  An impressive amount of sharks.  A scary amount of sharks.
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

chshog

MGM for sure with the "Rockin Roller Coaster" and "Tower of Terror".

RazorBrad

Quote from: hambone on November 03, 2006, 06:09:03 pm
You have to go to Magic Kingdom and then it's a choice between EPCOT and MGM.   EPCOT is more educational and has some of the best rides.  Mission Mars is great and so is Soarin'.   Test track didn't do much for me at EPCOT.   The Energy ride (Ellen Degeneres is the host)  was worth it.  

MGM is more entertainment and some education about how they make animated movies.   They do have two of the neatest places to eat.  Our favorite is Prime Time Cafe.   The theme use to be, "mom's cooking in the kitchen".    Now they have guys waiting tables but, it's still fun.   The waiter treats you just like mom would.  Ask her for more ketsup and she tells you, 'you have plenty, eat what you've got and we'll see about getting some more".    Ask for a banana split and they'll tell you to finish your meal and we'll see".   She'll tell you to get your elbows off the table.  She told my son, "eat your green beans or I'll help you eat them".   She warned him twice then she sat down beside him, stabbed those beans with a fork and came at him saying, "chugga a chugga choo choo".     The other best place to eat at MGM is "Sci Fi Theater".   It's too bad you don't have more time.  It really takes about two days to do each of the parks, except Animal Kingdom, justice.
the food at Sci Fi sucks, the movies and stuff are cool, but the food is horrible and overpriced

hambone

Quote from: RazorBrad on November 05, 2006, 09:17:09 pm
You have to go to Magic Kingdom and then it's a choice between EPCOT and MGM.   EPCOT is more educational and has some of the best rides.  Mission Mars is great and so is Soarin'.   Test track didn't do much for me at EPCOT.   The Energy ride (Ellen Degeneres is the host)  was worth it.  

MGM is more entertainment and some education about how they make animated movies.   They do have two of the neatest places to eat.  Our favorite is Prime Time Cafe.   The theme use to be, "mom's cooking in the kitchen".    Now they have guys waiting tables but, it's still fun.   The waiter treats you just like mom would.  Ask her for more ketsup and she tells you, 'you have plenty, eat what you've got and we'll see about getting some more".    Ask for a banana split and they'll tell you to finish your meal and we'll see".   She'll tell you to get your elbows off the table.  She told my son, "eat your green beans or I'll help you eat them".   She warned him twice then she sat down beside him, stabbed those beans with a fork and came at him saying, "chugga a chugga choo choo".     The other best place to eat at MGM is "Sci Fi Theater".   It's too bad you don't have more time.  It really takes about two days to do each of the parks, except Animal Kingdom, justice.
the food at Sci Fi sucks, the movies and stuff are cool, but the food is horrible and overpriced

I don't remember the food being that bad at Sci Fi theater.   And, as far as price, EVERYTHING at Disney is over priced,  get use to it.

RazorBrad

Quote from: hambone on November 07, 2006, 08:45:36 am
Quote from: RazorBrad on November 05, 2006, 09:17:09 pm

I don't remember the food being that bad at Sci Fi theater.   And, as far as price, EVERYTHING at Disney is over priced,  get use to it.
ive been 14 times, i am use to it. it still sucks though

HOGMINI

Magic Kingdom and MGM.  If you have time and want to spend a little extra money buy tickets to Universal Studios Islands of Adventures.  They have great rides/roller coasters.  This is a seperate ticket than a ticket to Universal Studios, I would skip that, it stinks.