Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big Ceader

Started by hogfan13, September 11, 2006, 06:13:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan13

It's in Missouri Near Branson. Anyone ever been there. I go there every year during thanksgiving weekend.

Shag66

CEDAR!

And yup it is kick butt!

hogfan13

Don't you guys wander where I dissapear to every thanksgiving. Why my table at the hogville thanksgiving dinner is empty

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Funny, I was just thinking of that.   ;)

brooks74

Been there a couple of times, beautiful place, and far enough away from Branson to feel like you have some space! 

hogfan13

If you go there. Go to the Buzzard Bar

Jim Harris

Quote from: Hognoxious Jr on September 11, 2006, 06:13:30 pm
It's in Missouri Near Branson. Anyone ever been there. I go there every year during thanksgiving weekend.

expensive but awesome. I'd spend my Thanksgiving there if I could.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

CoolestPersonEver

I spent a week there about 8 years ago.   I loved it. 

Lando Calrissian

I like to go to Branson a lot!
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

HogasaurusRex

Maybe a link or somethin to describe what Im missing out on?

hogfan13

SpareRib

Love to go there during the fall colors.  Have been several times.  It's like stepping back in time.  Old rustic elegance.  Try the walleye in the restaurant.

Pork Out :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

Jim Harris

I've been to two of the best weddings I ever attended (other than my own) there, and to some meetings, and it was just a blast every time. I'm into rustic. Some say I am rustic. ;D
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

brooks74

It is closed down right now, but Top of the Rock is a good restaurant with an unbelievable view of the scenery!  It is just north of Big Cedar right off of Hwy 65.

Jim Harris

Quote from: brooks74 on September 13, 2006, 09:12:21 am
It is closed down right now, but Top of the Rock is a good restaurant with an unbelievable view of the scenery!  It is just north of Big Cedar right off of Hwy 65.

yeah, I heard it burned last summer or something. Do you know if the Nicklaus 9-hole course is still operating there? It's fun.

brooks74

Not sure, I haven't been up there in awhile.  Co-worker went up there a few weeks ago and I recommended it to her and she passed along the news about the fire.

edmo

Been many times over the years, was much better before the vaction club/time share people came along. It has kinda lost its small feel from what it used to be, but still very nice. If you have never you need to at least once. I recommend nutting up and getting at least one of the knotty pine cottages or a cabin.

edmo

Table Rocker

the cabins are bad @$$

hogfan13

Go see clay self.

Down at the buzzard bar..He preforms Thursday-Sunday

Sample Song-http://www.clayself.com/MeandtheBoysSample.html

dewayne

i think its(the golf course) opened back up, top of the rock may still be burnt, ive seen "under construction" signs around the old entrance for something like a year, with no one doing any construction. that what ive gotten from it anyway.  i think big cedar now runs the top of the rock course. i keep seeing now hiring ads in the paper here. ive never been there, but i live 10 mins away from it. i want to go to the golf course, it looks like a good course.

bythelake

Go there frequently.  Would go there more, but, dang it is pricey.  Branson landing is fun to go to and about half the price.   

hogfan13

Quote from: dewayne on October 27, 2006, 11:13:45 am
i think its(the golf course) opened back up, top of the rock may still be burnt, ive seen "under construction" signs around the old entrance for something like a year, with no one doing any construction. that what ive gotten from it anyway.  i think big cedar now runs the top of the rock course. i keep seeing now hiring ads in the paper here. ive never been there, but i live 10 mins away from it. i want to go to the golf course, it looks like a good course.
I hear it's gonna open back up in 07