Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Destin Florida

Started by ArmyHog, August 18, 2006, 11:24:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ArmyHog

Going to Destin for a week at the end of September. I plan on doing some fishing and going to the beach, I'm going to be there for a full week any other ideas of what to do there. By the way I will not have the wife and kids with me.

ThreeHogNight

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Snort and Squeal

Pompano Joe's on the beach oh and AJ's on Destin Harbor.  If you golf then Seascape has a decent twilight rate.
Is it any coincidence that we bleed red???  I think not!

arkiehawg

Quote from: ArmyHog on August 18, 2006, 11:24:58 am
Going to Destin for a week at the end of September. I plan on doing some fishing and going to the beach, I'm going to be there for a full week any other ideas of what to do there. By the way I will not have the wife and kids with me.

AJ's at the Harbor is a great place as well as a couple of new nightclubs that are getting national recognition.

Sandestine Baytowne is also fun.  Several excellent restaurants with prices from reasonable to expensive.  Two or three nightclubs with great music and a terrific view of the Bay.

If you like military museums.....Eglin AFB has a great munitions museum with some terrific aircraft on display.  Pensacola (about 2hrs) has the NAS museum and the home of the Blue Angels.  You can see them practice over P-Cola Bay on Wed. mornings....pretty cool.

Excellent Golfing.....PM me and I'll send you some web links. 

Fishing should be pretty good that time of the year, depending on the weather.

If you like quiet beaches.....your better off in the Sandestine, Santa Rosa Beach area.  About 15+ miles east of Destin.  Great sand and in late September.....virtually a private beach.  Check out Hwy 30A in Walton County.....fyi

Let me know more of your preference and I'll see if I can research more in that area.

Watch for the Canes'.....Ripe for that time of the year.... 8)

Enjoy the Emerald Coast....true paradise.

hogfan13

Hard Rock Cafe. Been there done that. Half a little picture of it

Boarcephus

Can't beat Harbor Docks for lunch.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

rzrbkfn2000

I'll ask my son when he gets home from school. He just got back from Destin last week. Highlight of his vacation was catching a 40lb tuna, bunch of king mack, and a few sharks.

V. V. Hawg

Harbor docks was great get there early for supper, 4:30-5:00 drinks are served.  The Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola is a great way to spend a day and as stated above Blue Angels home.  They have a good I-Max and the museum is something you have to see.  Sun Dog Parasailing on Fort Walton side of bridge is cheap if you get there before 10:00am but they are inland so you won't see much marine life.  Do you Golf?;  Blue Water Bay $75.00, Regatta Bay $96.00 after 2pm, Kelley Plantation can't remember rates.  Bass Pro Shops is next to Hard Rock Cafe and its a lot different than anything around here.  Most everything we did was with kids.  The Factory Outlet Mall (lets just say I should be a stock holder after our little journey in there :) 

Dang, I'm ready for another vacation now!

wolf24

There's a Bass Pro Shop there, a MUST SEE!!!!

Boarcephus

Quote from: wolf24 on August 22, 2006, 12:10:02 am

Went to that one a couple years ago.  Nice but not nearly as nice as the one in Springfield.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

arkiehawg

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 22, 2006, 09:09:12 am
Quote from: wolf24 on August 22, 2006, 12:10:02 am

Went to that one a couple years ago.  Nice but not nearly as nice as the one in Springfield.

Yea, but we got the big sharkee out front to get ur pic with  argh....... 8)

ArmyHog

Thanks for all the ideas. Can't wait to get down there. I'll be there September 18-22, hopefully no hurricanes.

jforte

Quote from: ArmyHog on August 24, 2006, 03:51:43 pm
Thanks for all the ideas. Can't wait to get down there. I'll be there September 18-22, hopefully no hurricanes.

Indian Bayou for golf...they have 27 holes of great golf and no gators (they shipped em out) reasonable prices to.

the Back Porch restaurant...about a 10 min. drive back towards Ft. Walton...on the beach, has good food...good scenery...bikinis everywhere and good KoBeer!  Have Fun!  Destin is a very busy place.

ArmyHog

I've heard about the Back Porch Resturant, I need to make sure I make it there.

Boarcephus

Quote from: ArmyHog on August 26, 2006, 08:16:58 pm

A lot of people like that place.   It's tough to beat when it comes to pure atmosphere, the view of the gulf, and just a fun place to go.  I always felt the food was very mediocre, the service average but the prices reasonable.  Kind of a great place to go with a bunch of guys where you get drunk and howl. 

Here in about a month Destin gets real nice.  The kids are back in school, the weather is not quite as hot, the traffic is not as bad, and you can get into the restaurants.  Enjoy.   We head back in April for the 20+ time. 

YodaHog

Quote from: Boarcephus on August 27, 2006, 07:23:50 am

A lot of people like that place.   It's tough to beat when it comes to pure atmosphere, the view of the gulf, and just a fun place to go.  I always felt the food was very mediocre, the service average but the prices reasonable.  Kind of a great place to go with a bunch of guys where you get drunk and howl. 

Here in about a month Destin gets real nice.  The kids are back in school, the weather is not quite as hot, the traffic is not as bad, and you can get into the restaurants.  Enjoy.   We head back in April for the 20+ time. 

Back Porch is nice.  I was in Destin a few months ago for my honeymoon.  Fudpuckers is a great place to grab lunch.....I had a bad experience at Landry's seafood.  The service was terrible!!  It seems alot of restaurants down there are shorthanded. 

Snort and Squeal

Quote from: YodaHog on September 04, 2006, 11:28:33 am
Quote from: Boarcephus on August 27, 2006, 07:23:50 am

A lot of people like that place.   It's tough to beat when it comes to pure atmosphere, the view of the gulf, and just a fun place to go.  I always felt the food was very mediocre, the service average but the prices reasonable.  Kind of a great place to go with a bunch of guys where you get drunk and howl. 

Here in about a month Destin gets real nice.  The kids are back in school, the weather is not quite as hot, the traffic is not as bad, and you can get into the restaurants.  Enjoy.   We head back in April for the 20+ time. 

Back Porch is nice.  I was in Destin a few months ago for my honeymoon.  Fudpuckers is a great place to grab lunch.....I had a bad experience at Landry's seafood.  The service was terrible!!  It seems alot of restaurants down there are shorthanded. 

Everywhere down there is short handed.  That's why you see so many Swed's and Russian's working down there.... Damn I hated that LOL

Is it any coincidence that we bleed red???  I think not!

arkiehawg

If you want good seafood, stay away from the chains.....Red Lobster, Landry's etc.  No offense to them, but there are better restaurants in the area.

Reasonable price:  Pompano Joe (on old Hwy 98).  Right on the beach with a great sunset.
                         Bonefish and Blue Marlin (In and near the Destin Commons)  yeah I know,,,,they are chains, but "small" chains and
                         much better food. 
For fun:  AJ's or any of the restaurants on the "strip" at Okaloosa Island.

PM for more....... 8)

Boarcephus

Another really good place for seafood is Bayou Bills about 4 or 5 miles east of Sandestin.  Pretty good bang for the buck.  Huge pieces of grouper.