Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee Vacation

Started by Conway Cool Daddy, June 28, 2006, 02:37:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Conway Cool Daddy

My wife, two kids (3 and 1 yo), and I are heading over to Tennessee next week. We plan on staying in Memphis for the 4th and then heading over to Chattanooga for a couple of days.
Any suggestion on things to do in either Memphis or Chattanooga (or even Nashville since we'll be passing through.)

noprayerfornutt

See Rock City in the Chattanooga area.
Gibson Factory tour in Memphis, if you are into guitars.   8)

UhOhioHog

Ruby Falls in Chattanooga is great!  Don't miss it.

Thunderhog Jr

:razorback:

If you are into Elvis, tour Graceland, or if the Red Birds are in town take in a Baseball game.

WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

Conway Cool Daddy

In Memphis, I had thought about taking the kids to the zoo and then over to Mud Island.
I think the Redbirds are playing that night. If we have time we might go over and see them play. I just found out that the Rondezvous (sp?) will be closed on the 4th.
I've been looking forward to eating there for some time, so I'm a little disappointed. I'll have to check and see if Corky's will be open or check out some place on Beale.
Any suggestions?
Graceland may have to wait until the trip back home. I've never been, but I guess it is one of those places you must see before you die.

Thunderhog Jr

Check this out           www.BealeStreetOnline.com

All the restaurants on Beale are good, Some of my favorites.........Blues City Cafe, King's Palace Cafe, and Silky O'Sullivan's.  There is also a new Coyote Ugly down around The Hard Rock Cafe.

Have Fun!!!!!!

WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

Conway Cool Daddy

Thanks for the site.
I've had a few cold ones in Silky's in the past. I'll probably not venture into
Coyote ugly, although it would be interesting.

maniax22bolts20

Every major city in TN has a minor league baseball team and all the parks are good. Jackson,Knoxville/Sevierville,Nashville,Chattanooga,Greenville,Johnson City,Bristol,Elizabethton and Memphis off the top of my head. There are also summer college league teams in Huntingdon,Union City,Fulton,Dyersburg and another.
here's a few ideas www.roadsideamerica.com. click USA Map and TN.

maniax22bolts20

They also have good state parks and several civil war battle grounds. Parkers Crossing is right off I-40 about 30 miles East of Jackson. ROckabilly Hall of Fame in Jackson.Casey Jones hotel you can sleep in an actual railcar. Oak Ridge LAB/Museum is a must see just before Knoxville off I-40. The original Cracker Barrell is in Lebanon. Sun Studios in Memphis.