Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Willow Springs

Started by maniax22bolts20, June 14, 2006, 09:28:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

maniax22bolts20

Have any of you been to Willow Springs in the last few years ? Any chance for a Hogville.net get together here ?

http://www.willowsprings.net/

Thunderhog Jr

:razorback:

Never been there.

:razorback:
WPS  <br />Remember the days when we were a national power??  What the Hell happened?

Arkiejared

I used to have my birthday parties there back in the day.  It was ok.  Kinda like a small, dirty Wild River Country.  It was dirty b/c it was like lake water instead of chlorinated water.

Hogward R. Murrow

Man, that place used to be the shiznet in the 70's.

HoggerNocker

Quote from: maniax22bolts20 on June 14, 2006, 09:28:26 pm
Have any of you been to Willow Springs in the last few years ? Any chance for a Hogville.net get together here ?

http://www.willowsprings.net/
Bad idea! ( Lots of overweight male Hogville posters in bathing suits.) ;) :puke:

go hogues

I wonder if they still have that rusty sled/rocket thing that launches you into the lake.  Riding that thing was the scariest point of my life so far. It was/is a major lawsuit waiting to happen.  haha.  How does that place stay in business?  I didnt even realize it still existed.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Hogward R. Murrow

Quote from: go hogues on June 30, 2006, 02:11:44 am
I wonder if they still have that rusty sled/rocket thing that launches you into the lake.  Riding that thing was the scariest point of my life so far. It was/is a major lawsuit waiting to happen.  haha.  How does that place stay in business?  I didnt even realize it still existed.

Wasn't it the toboggan? Looking back, I wouldn't let my boy get on that thing for nothing. Sure was fun though.

Ouachihog

Quote from: Arkiejared on June 15, 2006, 10:00:32 pm
I used to have my birthday parties there back in the day.  It was ok.  Kinda like a small, dirty Wild River Country.  It was dirty b/c it was like lake water instead of chlorinated water.

I realize this thread has been doormant for several months, but I couldn't pass it up.  This park was fun back in the day.  Agree with folks above, that toboggan, or whatever it was, is an accident waiting to happen.  With that said, I'd get on it again if I went!  I discovered how bad sunburns can be after swimming all day with zero sunscreen when I was about 8 years old. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."