Non Sports Forums > Travel & Vacation

AJs in Destin

Pages: (1/1)

Dirttrackhog:

Is burning to the ground tonight. Not much info other than everyone made it out. Always loved watching the weigh ins at this place and the view.

panhandlepig:


--- Quote from: Dirttrackhog on February 09, 2016, 07:55:59 pm ---Is burning to the ground tonight. Not much info other than everyone made it out. Always loved watching the weigh ins at this place and the view.

--- End quote ---

 AJs did not burn to the ground.  It is a bad fire with extensive damage to the upper decks. There are conflicting reports about how bad it is but it is a bit irresponsible and sensationalist for you to report something as fact without all the facts.

Dirttrackhog:


--- Quote from: panhandlepig on February 09, 2016, 08:59:19 pm --- AJs did not burn to the ground.  It is a bad fire with extensive damage to the upper decks. There are conflicting reports about how bad it is but it is a bit irresponsible and sensationalist for you to report something as fact without all the facts.

--- End quote ---

Looking at the flames coming off of that thing it sure looked like they were just letting it go.  Just read that the upstairs will be down for a while, but the downstairs will reopen as soon as inspections are done.

Dirttrackhog:

Looking at the pictures, my original statement was not way off of realistic logic.

panhandlepig:

I'm just speculating here but I seriously doubt the 20 plus fire trucks out there were ever considering "just letting it go".  I would imagine it will take a few days to get a full report on the damage. I'm just glad nobody was hurt and no other businesses were damaged on the Harbor. Didn't mean to come across  as rude. This hits a little close to home for me.

Dirttrackhog:


--- Quote from: panhandlepig on February 09, 2016, 09:15:00 pm ---I'm just speculating here but I seriously doubt the 20 plus fire trucks out there were ever considering "just letting it go".  I would imagine it will take a few days to get a full report on the damage. I'm just glad nobody was hurt and no other businesses were damaged on the Harbor. Didn't mean to come across  as rude. This hits a little close to home for me.

--- End quote ---

No problem, main thing is everyone is safe  ;)

Arkiehawg (kingfish0318):

AJ's is fully operational on the lower level.  The upstairs has substantial fire damage and the thatch roof (dramatic pictures fully engulfed) is a total loss.   All in all, very fortunate that it wasn't a total loss and that the fire didn't spread to the other establishments.   

porkinsons disease:

Hung out there today. The classic view is still the same

Pages: (1/1)

Go to full version