Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Disney World suggestions...

Started by football17, May 11, 2007, 03:18:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

football17

I'm taking my 4-year-old to Disney World next month. We're going to Magic Kingdom and for sure one additional Disney park and maybe another or two parks non-Disney. I've heard Animal Kingdom and MGM as best options for someone his age. Anyone been lately with little ones? Any feedback to parks in Orlando that a 4-year-old would enjoy over others would be great... any tips would be appreciated as well! :)

Thanks!!

ABM

go to www.allears.net great website for information about the world   :razorback:

also check on the dining plan at disney.

billypig

I would recommend going to Sea World as well.....  Animal Kingdom is a lot of fun and there is a safari tour that is fun, bumpy with lots of animals to be seen. 

Both will be a lot of fun for a 4 year old......btw...remember the mid afternoon required Kid temper-tampers.....full day of hot fun will result in a tired critter.....

chshog

If you haven't been to a zoo with the child. I'd go to Animal Kingdom. It isn't my favorite but if you go early and go on the Safari, you can see numerous animals. Sea World is also a great choice

PorcineSublime

Definitely not Epcot for the little guy. Not much there he would like. Maybe the underwater exhibit would appeal, otherwise geared to older kids. I would vote for Animal Kingdom or Seaworld as well.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

chshog

Please remember that the speed of doing things is determined by the child's schedule. This will help to make your memories pleasant ones.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PorcineSublime

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 15, 2007, 09:34:26 am
Take plenty of Money $$$$$$$
For sure. A burger was ten buck fifteen years ago.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

zebra

If you are staying on property, for sure head back to the hotel for a mid afternoon nap.  Get up early do the park for a couple of hours, get your nap in.  Head back early evening.

Dining plan is a good idea.

Disney Magical Express is a great idea.

Epcot is probably 4th best place to take a little one.   Magic, Animal, MGM.

Nitrovern

Universal Studios is pretty good, Magical Kingdom is definitely the happiest place on Earth.  MGM is also good, then Animal Kingdom. I would skip Epcot unless you get the park hopper tickets, then you can go to the aquarium and if it's still there Honey I Shrunk the Audience and stay for the fireworks.  My daughter loved Honey I Shrunk the Audience.
If you don't know where you're going how do you know when you get there?

94 Hawg

If you are staying in a disney resort you qualify for the "extra magic hour" that one or more parks have each day (open an hour early for guests of disney resorts). take advantage of these especially the day MK has it. head strait to the kiddie rides located behind the castle. (Pooh, peter pan, etc.) those lines are the longest as the day wears on so you'll want to hit them early, then as the lines start growing use your fastpass on them.  disney noobs spend most of their vacation waiting in line.
take a stroller or rent one. someone suggested nap time for a 4 year old- do it ;D (again if you stay on disney property, use the disney buses to get to parks and your room, they run constantly through the day and you should never have to wait more than 15-20 minutes for yours to arrive.
if you plan to return mid day to your room you could save some $ by snacking in your room for lunch, as lunch for 3 often runs over $30 for us.

you will see the most "characters" near the kiddie rides behind the castle or in the "toon town fair" area in the tent. (that can be a 1+ hour wait though so make sure your child is up to it first) riding the train around the park a few times is a good way to cool off and rest your legs. Have fun and take lots of pictures.

one more suggestion.
see the nightly MK parade once, then next time hit the rides during the parade, usually there aren't any lines. :)

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

bigtusk

My family thinks Disney is the only place to go-we have been there over 10 times.  My advice is with a young child go to one of the other parks before the magic kingdom.  They will enjoy animal kingdom or MGM but if you go to the magic kingdom first, they will constantly nag you to go back.  Another suggestion is to go to the back of the park first and work your way toward the front.  This helps with congestion in that most people come into the park and do the front park rides first.  Someone suggested taking an afternoon nap, that works well, you can come back to the park after 8 and it is much cooler and you are ready to go.  The park empties after the 10 oclock fireworks and you can ride a lot of rides without lines in the last hour if your not dead tired.  Universal is more for adults in my opinion.

Oklahawg

There is a Southern Style restaurant in MK that is adjacent (SW?) of the castle. We got 8pm reservations for the buffet supper, got the window table we requested, and were able to finish dessert while the castle show closed down the park. The youngster loved it. And, the Winnie the Pooh characters circulated so we got autographs and pictures to boot.

My 4-year old (at the time) loved the Lion King show in AK. We went 2-3 times. I forgot, but that was worth it to have her love it.

On-site resorts are a bonus, even if its one of the economy versions further from the parks. Definitely do a meal with the characters somewhere.

My favorite event was when Jasmine about fell out of her top while hugging me and my daughter for a picture. Wifey shook the camera so its blurry. I got a mind like a steel trap, so THAT image is safe for a few decades.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra