Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

CANCUN IN AUGUST

Started by HogSophist, May 08, 2007, 07:49:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogSophist

Heading there the first part of august. Anyone have any advice on that time of the year....places to go, cool things you dont hear about...etc...?

thanks in advance,

sophist
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

ConcreteHog

HogSophist

Quote from: ConcreteHog on May 08, 2007, 11:12:28 am
Kids or no kids??

No children. Myself and a couple of other friends in need of a vacation who got a great deal on staying a week there. No girlfriends or wives....
signature removed by Hogville staff. (but Erie's quote revived because I missed it)

In an era where there are over $70 trillion in future obligations, beyond the debt,   taking up practices in budgeting that are tantamount to saying 'And then in 2040, a magic dragon will sh*tpoopy $100 trillion and fix our problems'  simply isn't wise. --ErieHog

ConcreteHog

I was there last Thanksgiving with another family...4 kids total...I can make good recommendations on family events but not for a guy trip...unless you guys scuba dive???

ConcreteHog

dfresh

HogSophist

Quote from: dfresh on May 11, 2007, 08:37:18 am
Hurricanes

As in the University of Miami is playing a game then or the real thing generally shows up :)

PIGINAPOKE

If you like sand and concrete this place will be to your liking. Not much else there. And take a extra liver. I Like the east cape of Baja way better. You will have a ball though. Enjoy your trip!   Lucky ;]]]]
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

mikeb

May 12, 2007, 11:20:32 am #7 Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 10:56:18 am by mikeb
It is very hot in August, so be prepared. Stay by the pool and ocean front with a lot of cold beverages. The night life is a blast, make sure you negotiate the cab fare before you go anywhere, taking the bus is cheaper. Senor Frog's is fun, I wouldn't slide down the indoor slide that leads to the lagoon because of the Aligators that they now have living there. The guys renting the jet ski's on the beach will negotiate for just about anything, I had a football with all the teams helmets on it and traded that and $10 for 2 ski's for 1 hour. Relax, don't rush things and you will have fun. Hope this helps a little  8)

mword

Quote from: HogSophist on May 08, 2007, 11:19:01 am
Quote from: ConcreteHog on May 08, 2007, 11:12:28 am
Kids or no kids??

No children. Myself and a couple of other friends in need of a vacation who got a great deal on staying a week there. No girlfriends or wives....

You better live it up while you're there without the girlfriends. I know I did and I didn't want to leave either.