Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just back from a great cruise

Started by hawgdaddy306, April 25, 2007, 11:31:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgdaddy306

We had a great time.  Went on Carnival Conquest out of Galveston.  The ship is huge and spotless.  Mon and Tue at sea.  Tons to do on board.  Wife tanned and I played blackjack.  Food is exceptional and very plentiful.  Wed we hit Montego Bay, Jamaica.  Its pretty, Ada Ada...  We hadn't been ashore 30 minutes when we were asked if we wanted to buy some weed.  Very poor place, I suggest an organized excursion in Jamaica.  All the shopping you want is right inside the port gates anyway.  If you are a parrot head, Margaritaville is right in town.  The pool is really upstairs, with a 3 storey waterslide into the ocean. 

Thursday we anchored off the coast of Grand Cayman and had to ferry into St George.  Great time in the Caymans, we went snorkeling at stingray city.  UNREAL experience.  Highly reccommend this.  Good shopping within walking distance of the pier.  Margaritaville is right across the street from the pier.  Not as cool as the one in Jamaica, but a better atmosphere I thought.

Friday we sailed into Cozumel, Mexico.  They are still recovering from the hurricanes, but are doing so nicely.  We shopped and went diving for about 3 hours in the afternoon.  This was a really nice dive.  Great coral formations and tons of fish.

Saturday was sun and blackjack and packing.

Off the ship and in the truck by 10am on Sunday. 

I highly recommend this cruise.  We had an oceanview cabin, lots of room, king bed, couch, chair, decent size bath.  Far superior to the other 2 we have been on.  Cruise director is outstanding. 

We booked thru vacationstogo.com, zero hassles and a great deal.

With the hiring of Bobby Petrino, the National Championship  project is already showing signs of improvement and will soon be back on schedule.

DeltaBoy

Thanks glad to hear you had great time!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Lanny

Quote from: hawgdaddy306 on April 25, 2007, 11:31:09 pm
We had a great time.  Went on Carnival Conquest out of Galveston.  The ship is huge and spotless.  Mon and Tue at sea.  Tons to do on board.  Wife tanned and I played blackjack.  Food is exceptional and very plentiful.  Wed we hit Montego Bay, Jamaica.  Its pretty, Ada Ada...  We hadn't been ashore 30 minutes when we were asked if we wanted to buy some weed.  Very poor place, I suggest an organized excursion in Jamaica.  All the shopping you want is right inside the port gates anyway.  If you are a parrot head, Margaritaville is right in town.  The pool is really upstairs, with a 3 storey waterslide into the ocean. 

Thursday we anchored off the coast of Grand Cayman and had to ferry into St George.  Great time in the Caymans, we went snorkeling at stingray city.  UNREAL experience.  Highly reccommend this.  Good shopping within walking distance of the pier.  Margaritaville is right across the street from the pier.  Not as cool as the one in Jamaica, but a better atmosphere I thought.

Friday we sailed into Cozumel, Mexico.  They are still recovering from the hurricanes, but are doing so nicely.  We shopped and went diving for about 3 hours in the afternoon.  This was a really nice dive.  Great coral formations and tons of fish.

Saturday was sun and blackjack and packing.

Off the ship and in the truck by 10am on Sunday. 

I highly recommend this cruise.  We had an oceanview cabin, lots of room, king bed, couch, chair, decent size bath.  Far superior to the other 2 we have been on.  Cruise director is outstanding. 

We booked thru vacationstogo.com, zero hassles and a great deal.

We took this same cruise several years ago, had a good time.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

geoffhog

Be glad you didn't screw up like my wife and I did. We were supposed to take the Norwiegian Sun out of New Orleans for 7 days. When we got to the port my wife realized she forgot our birth certificates. Now that was a long trip home. Yes, she is still alive and we are still married, though I wouldn't have bet money on either being the case for long that day. What was worse is that we had two friends with us who had a great time of course. AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!  >:( :'(
"I was born to be a Razorback." -Darren Mcfadden

chewbacca

WE WENT ON THE CONQUEST FOR OUR HONEYMOON LAST MAY. wE HAD A WONDERFUL TIME! THAT SHIP IS FANTASTIC!

billypig

Quote from: geoffhog on April 26, 2007, 09:03:12 pm
Be glad you didn't screw up like my wife and I did. We were supposed to take the Norwiegian Sun out of New Orleans for 7 days. When we got to the port my wife realized she forgot our birth certificates. Now that was a long trip home. Yes, she is still alive and we are still married, though I wouldn't have bet money on either being the case for long that day. What was worse is that we had two friends with us who had a great time of course. AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!  >:( :'(

Get Passports.  Easy to get and carry.  They will be needed on almost every trip out of the states in the future.....

Next trip.....staple the passports to your lovely wife's a**..... 8)

sowmonella

We took the same cruise out of New Orleans a couple of years ago. You almost have to beat the pot sellers with a stick to get them off of you in jamica. Glad you had a great time.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Hawg_Heaven

Took this cruise in August with my wife. It was our Honeymoon. Jamaica sucked. We went to Margaritaville and got offered drugs of course. Couldn't go in the water because the locals were walking all over the place and I didn't want them touching our bags.

Caimen Islands were awesome. It was my favorite. We went to the Turtle Farm, Hell, and swam with the Stingrays.

Cozumel was just a shopping day. It was more for my wife. I had a pretty good time there also.

The ship was honestly the best part. There was something constantly going on. I highly suggest the Newly Wed/ Not so Newly Wed game.

Boarcephus

May 03, 2007, 08:03:38 am #8 Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 06:57:30 pm by Boarcephus
Quote from: Hawg_Heaven on May 01, 2007, 09:59:22 pm
Took this cruise in August with my wife. It was our Honeymoon. Jamaica sucked. We went to Margaritaville and got offered drugs of course. Couldn't go in the water because the locals were walking all over the place and I didn't want them touching our bags.

Caimen Islands were awesome. It was my favorite. We went to the Turtle Farm, Hell, and swam with the Stingrays.

Cozumel was just a shopping day. It was more for my wife. I had a pretty good time there also.

The ship was honestly the best part. There was something constantly going on. I highly suggest the Newly Wed/ Not so Newly Wed game.

Sounds like you took the same trip we did and I concur with your assessments.  Jamaca is just depressing.  Cayman is nice but not sure if it's worth spending a whole week there, and Cozumel is just another mexican resort.

It's about time we took another cruise but not sure where we'll go.  I guess once you've been to the Caribbean all the islands are about the same.  The treat is the ship itself.  A friend of mine I work with is taking one in about a month to the Pacific side of Mexico.  Might be interesting.     
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Cornhogio

Did you find that most of the people on the ship were from the South?  I've been on three cruises that sailed out of either Orlando or Fort Lauderdale, and they were both covered up with freakin' yankees. 
Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Cornhogio on May 03, 2007, 10:22:06 am
Did you find that most of the people on the ship were from the South?  I've been on three cruises that sailed out of either Orlando or Fort Lauderdale, and they were both covered up with freakin' yankees. 

I sorry I know that Yankees can screw up a wet dream !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hawgdaddy306

Quote from: Cornhogio on May 03, 2007, 10:22:06 am
Sailing out of Galveston, maybe half the folks were from Tx, Ar, La and OK.  We had a hog call going at one point there were so many of us.  Actually a lot of foreigners.  There was a large group of Aussies and Hispanics.  Everyone on this cruise was having such a good time it was all very friendly.
  We had such a great time we have already booked another.  Sold the timeshare as soon as we got back, ain't going back to Florida.
With the hiring of Bobby Petrino, the National Championship  project is already showing signs of improvement and will soon be back on schedule.

Cornhogio

Thanks for the feedback.  We'll probably try to book out of Houston/Galveston next time.  Thanks!
Society is responsible for the night that it produces.