Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Had a great time in MEMPHIS

Started by DeltaBoy, March 19, 2007, 10:36:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

Lord I love Memphis Tenn!  Fun , nice people, good signage and Great BBQ.  I took my Texas bride to Graceland last Friday and had a blast. It was the first time I had been by since the mid-1970's when the King was still alive. The highlite was eating a Mr. Jim Neely's Interstate BBQ on 3rd Street.  My Lord the Pork sandwich was piled  an Inch high with sliced Pork shoulder with Coleslaw and Sauce.  If you go also try their Baked Beans . I think they are the best bakedbeans I have ate in a BBQ place.  Sweet, tangy, smokey um good!.

Hope you can go and visit Memphis soon it is a fun place for all.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

proud2bpork

I spent the last six years in Marion (across the river from Memphis) and spent a lot of time downtown.  If you haven't been to Memphis in a while, you'll be surprised.  It has cleaned up a bunch, especially downtown.

The AAA baseball park off Union is unbelievable.  Go for a long weekend and spend the night downtown.  Catch a Redbirds game and then hit Rum Boogy on Beal St. 

A great destination that's so close to central Arkansas.

later.  proud

razorson

Went to the Pink Palace with my son's school field trip.5 of our vehicle's wre vandalized.Memphis is a dump.Crime is out off control.I'm not just saying this,these are the words of the police officer who worked our complaint.As long as king willie is mayor it'll only get worse.BBQ and Elvis it must not take alot to impress some people.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: razorson on March 26, 2007, 09:03:51 pm
Went to the Pink Palace with my son's school field trip.5 of our vehicle's was vandalized.Memphis is a dump.Crime is out off control.I'm not just saying this,these are the words of the police officer who worked our complaint.As long as king willie is mayor it'll only get worse.BBQ and Elvis it must not take allot to impress some people.

Sorry to here your Ride got messed up. I have been going to Memphis for 20 years with no Problems and I am a serious lover of Pork BBQ having ate it in nearly every state in the Southland except Georgia.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

SpareRib

Quote from: DeltaBoy on March 29, 2007, 09:52:04 am
Quote from: razorson on March 26, 2007, 09:03:51 pm
Went to the Pink Palace with my son's school field trip.5 of our vehicle's was vandalized.Memphis is a dump.Crime is out off control.I'm not just saying this,these are the words of the police officer who worked our complaint.As long as king willie is mayor it'll only get worse.BBQ and Elvis it must not take allot to impress some people.

Sorry to here your Ride got messed up. I have been going to Memphis for 20 years with no Problems and I am a serious lover of Pork BBQ having ate it in nearly every state in the Southland except Georgia.

Neely's is great!  We live downtown and enjoy life on Mud Island.  Glad you had a good time.

P.S. - Just bought a place in Cotter, AR.  Given a choice, I favor north Arkansas and chasing trout.
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

DeltaBoy

May 08, 2007, 08:12:45 pm #5 Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 08:18:33 pm by DeltaBoy
Pics
Me ain't this a face only a mother could love?

My bride in backyard of Graceland.

The King in the Memphis Visitors Center

StatMaster

i was at memphis in may this past weekend and while waiting on the counting crows to come out some people in the crowd began to call the hogs... it wasn't long before i joined in and then came the side to side "arkansas"   "Razorbacks" its good to see the razorback nation still going strong... also rendevouz is an absolute must anytime you travel to memphis!

SpareRib

Hey Delta - Great pics!  Glad you had a good time.

Every time one of my grand daughters comes to Memphis, she has wanted to see Graceland, so I have made repeated trips.  Always think, "I can't do this anymore," but when there - hearing all the great music in the background as you take the tour gives me chills.  He's still the king.

Pork
I'll fish 'til the money's gone ... then I'll fish for food!<br /><br />My heritage - Dutch/Polish/German on one side, English/Welsh on the other.  I'm a mutt, not a show dog.  Proud to be an American!

DeltaBoy

I finally got time at home to download some more pics to my photobucket account. The work filter/firewall won't let me axcess it here.