Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just arrived at Big Cedar Lodge

Started by HognotinMemphis, March 11, 2007, 04:48:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HognotinMemphis

Beautiful here today. Been here several times before to dine but never stayed here. We have a 2 bedroom lakeview cabin. Very nice. Going to be a good week of relaxation.

Looking out over Table Rock Lake now...sunny and cool. Going to start a fire in the fireplace in a few minutes and have a little single malt. Will be grilling steaks tonight on the gas grill on the deck. I'm liking this already.Here til Thursday.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Mountainboar on March 11, 2007, 06:41:10 pm
We'll expect pictures posted like you did with the Telluride trip. 8)

Haven't taken many photos so far. It's been very pleasant and relaxing...so relaxing we haven't done much. But that's what we wanted. Worked out daily and shopped a bit yesterday in the new part of the old downtown. Very nice water/fire show top of every hour down there. Does not feel like little ole Branson there. Feels more like something in Destin. Nice shops, condos, restaurants, etc.

A little more relaxing today...it's cloudy right now but supposed to be 75 degrees this afternoon. May go horseback riding but no plans at the moment.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

Great cabin, great weather last week. Perfect relaxation.

HognotinMemphis

HognotinMemphis

March 19, 2007, 09:29:21 pm #5 Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 09:32:32 pm by MarkinMemphis
We had the "Arnold Palmer" cabin. Every photo in the place was of Arnie and other famous contemporaries of his. Pretty cool.

HognotinMemphis

HognotinMemphis

March 19, 2007, 09:30:58 pm #7 Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 11:51:28 pm by MarkinMemphis
Bottom photo is new downtown landing complex on the river. They do a water and fire show every top of the hour to Joe Walsh's Rocky Mtn Way. Pretty sharp place for a small town like Branson.

HognotinMemphis

March 19, 2007, 09:31:41 pm #8 Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 09:34:11 pm by MarkinMemphis
nm

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Tomcat on March 20, 2007, 09:08:17 am
My dad and step-mom are going up to Big Cedar this weekend for a week. 

How is the new riverwalk in Branson?

As I said in post above, it's very cool...particularly for a town as small as Branson. It has the feel of something very nice in Destin. Fairly high end shops for Branson...Brookstone, a bunch of nice women's clothing shops, shoe stores, of course a Bass Pro Shop, Haagen Das shop, steak restaurant, upscale mexican restaurant,can't think of all the others.

Hudge

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on March 21, 2007, 01:24:16 pm

As I said in post above, it's very cool...particularly for a town as small as Branson. It has the feel of something very nice in Destin. Fairly high end shops for Branson...Brookstone, a bunch of nice women's clothing shops, shoe stores, of course a Bass Pro Shop, Haagen Das shop, steak restaurant, upscale mexican restaurant,can't think of all the others.

Can't forget Joe's Crabshack! Good luck getting a seat though. We were there for New years, and had a blast. We went to SDC, and saw the Christmas lights. If you have never gone, stay at night and take the train ride. It's worth it.

HogsGranpa

Quote from: MarkinMemphis on March 11, 2007, 04:48:10 pm
Beautiful here today. Been here several times before to dine but never stayed here. We have a 2 bedroom lakeview cabin. Very nice. Going to be a good week of relaxation.

Looking out over Table Rock Lake now...sunny and cool. Going to start a fire in the fireplace in a few minutes and have a little single malt. Will be grilling steaks tonight on the gas grill on the deck. I'm liking this already.Here til Thursday.

My, My, MiM, Are you tracking us?  If your are at Big Cedar Lodge, off Hwy 86 on Table Rock Lake, you are real close.

I am going to call the Border Patrol, and tell them to watch for a guy from Tennessee, and not let him cross the MO-ARK stateline.   

We are about 25 to 30 miles south of you in Arkansas.

Great place, Big Cedar Lodge.  Good lodging and good food, and great location on Table Rock Lake, what about 9 to 10 miles to Branson, MO?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Hudge on March 21, 2007, 05:04:30 pm
Quote from: MarkinMemphis on March 21, 2007, 01:24:16 pm

Can't forget Joe's Crabshack! Good luck getting a seat though. We were there for New years, and had a blast. We went to SDC, and saw the Christmas lights. If you have never gone, stay at night and take the train ride. It's worth it.

If you ever see me at Joe's Crabshack, particularly on New Year's, you'll know Hell is freezing over.  I've been to SDC and taken the train ride a million times but never during Christmas time. I'm about to be 45 and been going to SDC since I was 4.

proud2bpork

Last time my wife and I stayed at Big Cedar, we saw Meryl Haggard in the lobby of the big lodge and the Shaggin Waggin from Dumb and Dumber was parked in the parking lot.  I jumped in and my wife took some pictures.

Odd seeing Meryl and Mutts Cutts in the same afternoon.

have fun.  proud

Jim

We were just up there (Big Cedar) and it was real close to the time you were up there MiM.  We always get a nice one room cabin and keep that fire going until the wee hours of the night.  There's nothing like the smell and sound of a crackling fire.  We love it.

We're actually bringing the kids up to BC for Mem Day weekend.  Plenty to do there on the grounds without having to fight the ridiculous amounts of traffic in Branson. 

Big Cedar is definitely a great place to go!!

The Landing is cool, too.  Great shops & restaurants and it seems like there's a candy/fudge/coffee shop on each corner. :)