Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Going to Dallas...where should I stay?

Started by juke, January 20, 2007, 06:09:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

juke

I'm headed to Dallas in Feb. to run the Texas Half.  Should I try to get a hotel near Deep Ellum?  Where should my wife and I stay for a good time and not worry about driving?  I'm a cheap middle aged bastard that doesn't want to spend more than a hundred a night on a room...Thanks.

Tejano Jawg

January 21, 2007, 12:58:24 am #1 Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 01:01:11 am by Tejano Jawg
There are no hotels in Deep Ellum. The closest thing to that would be downtown (which is just 2 minutes west)...look into the Magnolia Hotel. It's the old high-rise that has the neon winged horse on top of it. Kinda hip...kinda trendy. Don't know the rates.

A new hotel, also converted from an older bldg, is the Hotel Palomar at Central (75) and Mockingbird...good location. It's definitely of the cool, boutique variety. It also has a restaurant that's gotten some good press lately. I haven't been there...this is just the word on the street. Here's their website:
http://www.hotelpalomar-dallas.com/index.html

If you're more into "basic" rather than "cool" and want to save your money for restaurants...that stretch of Central Expressway also has a Radisson and a La Quinta. Happy running.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

PulledPork

NotShavins house....dude is da bomb!

Pulled out...

hawgyMcHawg

Headed that way myself, the Radisson just north of the the Palomar is about $100 bucks cheaper.  Go to expedia and look up central Dallas Radisson on Central Expwy.  Used to live there myself.  Close access to Dart rail to get downtown and back. 
Handle every stressful situation like a dog....   
If you can't eat it or hump it,   
Piss on it and walk away.

Gushugger

lastminutetravel.com

Look under Dallas and check out the "Off the Record" deals.  Got the Crown Plaza by the Galleria for $68 bucks a night.  Great website for rooms.

DeltaBoy

The Double Tree by the Galleria it not cheap but it is very nice!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.