Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nacogdoches Texas the oldest city in TEXAS!

Started by DeltaBoy, January 16, 2007, 10:56:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaBoy

Me and my wife are History buffs and My wife still teaches Jr History so we went to Nacogdoches during Christmas break for a little RnR. It was great being a historical city; it has a great visitor center and many places to  see from old homes where Jim Bowie, Sam Houston and Davy Crockett stayed to a old stone fort built to protect town folks from Indian attacks. Also there are 4 state parks with in a hour of town. The neat thing is you pay addmission to one park and get in the rest of them that day for free. Eat here for Crawfish Quesodias! Yum Yum
Casa Thomas
1514 North St ........................................936-560-2403
Sun-Thur 11 am-9:30 pm; Fri & Sat 11 am-10:30 pm
Tex-mex cuisine, fajitas, ribs and seafood.
Here is a pair of links to get ya started.

http://www.visitnacogdoches.org/

http://www.co.nacogdoches.tx.us/
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Grag T

I went to college there, graduated in '95.  There were so many cute girls there, it was unreal.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

doo-ran

Quote from: Nutt hole on January 29, 2007, 04:35:38 pm
I went to college there, graduated in '95.  There were so many cute girls there, it was unreal.
Stephen F. Austin right? Isn't that one of the top party schools in the nation?

Grag T

Quote from: doo-ran on January 30, 2007, 09:50:11 am
Quote from: Nutt hole on January 29, 2007, 04:35:38 pm
Stephen F. Austin right? Isn't that one of the top party schools in the nation?

Yep, it was Stephen F.  I'm not sure how it ranks on the party scale, must be way up there though.  Guess they have to compensate somehow for the hideous football program...
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde