Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Timeshare Ownership

Started by FayettenamVeteran, December 26, 2006, 11:00:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FayettenamVeteran

Do any of you own a timeshare?  If so, what have been your experiences, both good and bad?

I'm looking at a few different options now.  Marriott and Disney seem to have very good products at decent prices.  There are a couple in Colorado that are independent that I've looked at on the internet.  Florida, North Carolina, Rockies are where we'd be looking to spend our time.

Any insight, comments, etc given would be appreciated. 

PorcineSublime

Several years ago (actually about 17) I purchased a timeshare in Kissimee,FL. The whole thing was kind fo a high pressure thing and we bought it on an emotional whim. Later when we got home and got our bill for our annual maintanance fees, it was three time what was quoted to us as an "average".  It was in fact about the same as we would have paid to stay in a nice hotel. We unloaded it asap.

Now having said that I have had friends with timeshares who experienced none of that and are very pleased with theirs. Maybe the whole industry has gotten better or maybe I just got in with a shyster. Either way,  I would get everything that is promised on paper and signed.

Good luck and have fun.

Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Boarcephus

We toyed with the idea of a timeshare several years ago and you betcha, hard pressure was applied but we backed off.  I was wary of the additional fee's Porcine alluded to and evidently, for good reason. 

We cut our own deal and go where we want, when we want and feel we've been $$$ ahead. 
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.