Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recruiting updates

Started by Hogtied85, January 18, 2017, 06:49:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

psycHOGlogist

How are you determining that we are recruiting these kids? Coaches' twitter accounts?

nwahogfan1

Great list.    And you know we are recruiting these ladies how?   If the wheels continue to fall off the wagon like it has the last few weeks  Jimmy will really need some good news on signing a couple big ladies in the spring to me or he may be looking for a new job.

flippinhogmana

Its a good list, but that doesn't make it a great recruiting list for the hogs based on need and opportunity.  Most of these girls have little or no interest in the hogs so we really have no opportunity of landing them.  There are only two bigs of interest on the list, and I would say that only one of them would have any interest in coming here.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

Dr. Starcs

He's gotta go get him some men.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: flippinhogmana on January 19, 2017, 06:42:07 am
Its a good list, but that doesn't make it a great recruiting list for the hogs based on need and opportunity.  Most of these girls have little or no interest in the hogs so we really have no opportunity of landing them.  There are only two bigs of interest on the list, and I would say that only one of them would have any interest in coming here.

I did not know but I just figured most or all of these ladies were reaches with small chances of coming here.  But I guess there is a chance.  I agree we need big strong ladies who like to play inside who matches up with our guards.

I wonder if we are looking at transfers and JUCOs for these ladies because we need them ready to play NOW.

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

tophawg19

He needs to look into Europe for some of those big gals
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hogtied85

Quote from: psycHOGlogist on January 18, 2017, 08:23:48 pm
How are you determining that we are recruiting these kids? Coaches' twitter accounts?

Coach Chenel Harris Twitter.

LadybackBBFan

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 19, 2017, 07:47:09 pm
He needs to look into Europe for some of those big gals
Collen tried that.  First Australia and when that did not pan out - Europe.  I do not know why but we wasted a lot of time and effort with no success.

nwahogfan1

We need bigs and need them now so spring signing is very important.  Who are we chasing?  I think we must sign at least one older  big from Juco..  To me I think we need two but at least one. They must  be over 6'2 and strong enough to battle in the SEC.

psycHOGlogist

It's a very good question. I know that we are recruiting Hattie Nawezhi from NEO. She is 6'2" and reportedly the #1 JUCO player in the country.

She was here for an unofficial visit in October. If you look at her twitter feed, however, it seems that she is pretty obsessed with Alabama -- at least in terms of their football team. She tweets about some other schools, too -- Baylor, Oklahoma -- but I don't see much that's Hog-related, so you'd have to suspect our chances are middling at best.

logic

psycHOGlogist

Hog 2018 target Jessi Murcer has committed to Oklahoma.

psycHOGlogist

February 25, 2017, 02:22:04 pm #14 Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 02:52:48 pm by psycHOGlogist
Figured I'd leave this here - just information.

https://twitter.com/KfdxTobin/status/835047286526857216

Her sister is Taliyah Brooks, one of the stars of our women's track team.