Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 25, 2024, 01:55:32 am

Czar

Started by Rawker, January 18, 2017, 04:15:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rawker

I've read that Czar Perry is set to go to a JUCO in MS, I believe, but has anyone heard whether his mindset (and that of Anderson and Company's) is sort of a Daryl Macon situation, where his hopes and the coaches' hopes are for him to eventually get to UA after JUCO?  I suppose I could be wrong, and perhaps the talent level at the guard position at that point will be such that Czar is not a target, but from his play at the high school level, the guy looks incredibly fast, crafty, and has an equal knack for scoring and finding the open man.  He looks like he would be very valuable to someone at the next level to me.  Any rumors of post-JUCO hopes?  I suppose we'll have to see how he does in JUCO, but man he is killing it right now in HS, averaging like 26 pts and 8 ast.

Hawg Red

I actually read that his dream is to play for Kentucky. I was out on him after reading that.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=623067.0

http://m.eldoradonews.com/news/2016/nov/02/el-dorados-perry-signs-itawamba/

Quote"I'm just getting it off my shoulders so I can just focus on school and get ready and try to win a championship this year," Perry said. "I've been dreaming about this for a long time, since I got into middle school.

"I can develop my game and get right academically. My dream is to go to Kentucky. I just want to make my dream come true, work hard to get there."

Rawker

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 18, 2017, 04:17:30 pm
I actually read that his dream is to play for Kentucky. I was out on him after reading that.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=623067.0

http://m.eldoradonews.com/news/2016/nov/02/el-dorados-perry-signs-itawamba/

DOH!  Yeah, that sucks.  Oh well, I think the UA is in line for some good point guard talent as the next few classes shape up, but you hate to sense a continued desire of in-state players to go to KY.  I guess every kid around the country wants that....their first 8 games are all on prime time major network TV.  FKY. 

Jonteviosk

Well gl to him there KY only likes one and dones lol and Perry is not good enough to go one and done to nba lol
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

hogwood

NWAHog479

Hopefully JUCO will bring him back down to reality and he will realize that since he can't go to UK he may as well come here with the chance to play AGAINST UK and show out on them for not recruiting him.

Hawg Red

Quote from: NWAHog479 on January 19, 2017, 11:08:51 am
Hopefully JUCO will bring him back down to reality and he will realize that since he can't go to UK he may as well come here with the chance to play AGAINST UK and show out on them for not recruiting him.

Nope. No thanks. I'd like to see scholarships better used than on a JUCO who wants to be at Kentucky.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 19, 2017, 11:17:34 am
Nope. No thanks. I'd like to see scholarships better used than on a JUCO who wants to be at Kentucky.

Czar told me his dream is to play at Kentucky, but that he wants to play in the SEC regardless and would love an opportunity to play for the Hogs. He signed with Itawamba juco early, but if things worked out for him w/a high-major he could still sign in the spring and play as a freshman in 2017-18.

Hogs need a big or a PG to finish the '17 class, and though Czar fancies himself a PG, he's really a 6-2 SG ... he's lightning fast, explosive, and has skill ... I think he's a high-major prospect, but maybe not the best fit at Arkansas the way the roster will be structured next season and the year after. But if he goes juco as it is planned now, who knows what the roster will look like in 2019-20 when he would be a junior-transfer.

Hawg Red

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on January 19, 2017, 04:19:50 pm
Czar told me his dream is to play at Kentucky, but that he wants to play in the SEC regardless and would love an opportunity to play for the Hogs. He signed with Itawamba juco early, but if things worked out for him w/a high-major he could still sign in the spring and play as a freshman in 2017-18.

Hogs need a big or a PG to finish the '17 class, and though Czar fancies himself a PG, he's really a 6-2 SG ... he's lightning fast, explosive, and has skill ... I think he's a high-major prospect, but maybe not the best fit at Arkansas the way the roster will be structured next season and the year after. But if he goes juco as it is planned now, who knows what the roster will look like in 2019-20 when he would be a junior-transfer.

You're talking a lot of sense, but in my heart, I don't have time for Arkansas kids who dream of playing for Kentucky. I'm not fooling with that anymore. Hopefully there's not any room for us to take a JUCO guard because we're filled up with Arkansas kids who want to be Hogs.

Letsroll1200

You take one article and run with it!!

El Dorado guard dedicated to becoming a better player

This article was published July 5, 2016 at 11:36 p.m.

By Kev Moyé

News-Times Staff

EL DORADO – Basketball has dominated Czar Perry's summer.

The 6-foot guard has occupied his off-season with AAU competition, private workouts, and pondering over potential college options.

Perry, who will be a senior at El Dorado once the school-year begins, is striving to become a better player.

"I'm just working on my game right now," he said. "The summer is going well. I've been working on attacking the basket, being aggressive, perfecting my jump shot, and trying to increase my upper body strength."

Specific drills are being utilized to help Perry accomplish his goals.

"For my jump shot, I'll use the gun and put up about 500 shots. As for my aggression and driving to the bucket, coach (Gary) Simmons will grab a pad and bump me while I'm going up," he stated. "I also make moves off of cones, attack, explode, and dunk the ball. For my upper body, I do bench press and curls. With my legs, I'll do a workout on the leg machine.

"Coach Simmons helps me a lot. With the strength training, he shows me what to do. He'll also give me a paper with all kinds of drills on it that I can do."

Perry is a dynamic talent who has the ability to easily entertain spectators with his excellent dribbling and shooting ability. However, Simmons – El Dorado's coach – has challenged Perry to evolve into a better floor general.

"He wants me to make sure everybody is doing what they're supposed to," Perry said of Simmons.

"I must come to practice everyday and compete with a lot of energy," he stated. "My teammates feed off of me. I just have to do positive things and keep a positive attitude."

Currently, Perry is with team AAO as they're preparing to compete in the Under Armour finals in Atlanta from July 13-16. That will be a prime opportunity for Perry to showcase his talent in front of college coaches.

Though he's already receiving serious attention, Perry will keep grinding until a legitimate offer is presented.

Arkansas, University of Arkansas-Little Rock, Louisiana Tech, Northwestern State (La.), and Southern Miss are intrigued by Perry's potential. But one program has expressed the most interest.

"It's really between Northwestern State and Arkansas (who has talked to me the most). But I'll give it to Northwestern State as the school that has shown the most interest," he admitted. "Coach (Mike) Anderson (of Arkansas) has just told me to keep my grades up and to keep working."

As of now, Perry's best bet for a scholarship offer is from the school located in Natchitoches, La.

"Northwestern State, one of their assistant coaches wants to offer me a scholarship," he said. "But first he wants me to attend a camp (on their campus) so the rest of the staff can see me."

If things materialize as Perry desires, can we expect a quick decision on his college destination?

"I don't know," he answered. "I am going to keep my options open."

Regardless of what takes place, Perry is grateful for the people who are part of his support system.

He vows to make the hard work pay-off.

"It's a day in the life of Czar. And to my family and friends, keep believing in me and everything will fall into place like I want to," he stated. "Everybody is going to eat."

Hawg Red

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 20, 2017, 08:17:59 am
You take one article and run with it!!

El Dorado guard dedicated to becoming a better player

This article was published July 5, 2016 at 11:36 p.m.

By Kev Moyé

News-Times Staff

EL DORADO – Basketball has dominated Czar Perry's summer.

The 6-foot guard has occupied his off-season with AAU competition, private workouts, and pondering over potential college options.

Perry, who will be a senior at El Dorado once the school-year begins, is striving to become a better player.

"I'm just working on my game right now," he said. "The summer is going well. I've been working on attacking the basket, being aggressive, perfecting my jump shot, and trying to increase my upper body strength."

Specific drills are being utilized to help Perry accomplish his goals.

"For my jump shot, I'll use the gun and put up about 500 shots. As for my aggression and driving to the bucket, coach (Gary) Simmons will grab a pad and bump me while I'm going up," he stated. "I also make moves off of cones, attack, explode, and dunk the ball. For my upper body, I do bench press and curls. With my legs, I'll do a workout on the leg machine.

"Coach Simmons helps me a lot. With the strength training, he shows me what to do. He'll also give me a paper with all kinds of drills on it that I can do."

Perry is a dynamic talent who has the ability to easily entertain spectators with his excellent dribbling and shooting ability. However, Simmons – El Dorado's coach – has challenged Perry to evolve into a better floor general.

"He wants me to make sure everybody is doing what they're supposed to," Perry said of Simmons.

"I must come to practice everyday and compete with a lot of energy," he stated. "My teammates feed off of me. I just have to do positive things and keep a positive attitude."

Currently, Perry is with team AAO as they're preparing to compete in the Under Armour finals in Atlanta from July 13-16. That will be a prime opportunity for Perry to showcase his talent in front of college coaches.

Though he's already receiving serious attention, Perry will keep grinding until a legitimate offer is presented.

Arkansas, University of Arkansas-Little Rock, Louisiana Tech, Northwestern State (La.), and Southern Miss are intrigued by Perry's potential. But one program has expressed the most interest.

"It's really between Northwestern State and Arkansas (who has talked to me the most). But I'll give it to Northwestern State as the school that has shown the most interest," he admitted. "Coach (Mike) Anderson (of Arkansas) has just told me to keep my grades up and to keep working."

As of now, Perry's best bet for a scholarship offer is from the school located in Natchitoches, La.

"Northwestern State, one of their assistant coaches wants to offer me a scholarship," he said. "But first he wants me to attend a camp (on their campus) so the rest of the staff can see me."

If things materialize as Perry desires, can we expect a quick decision on his college destination?

"I don't know," he answered. "I am going to keep my options open."

Regardless of what takes place, Perry is grateful for the people who are part of his support system.

He vows to make the hard work pay-off.

"It's a day in the life of Czar. And to my family and friends, keep believing in me and everything will fall into place like I want to," he stated. "Everybody is going to eat."

Sounds like he's going to end up at Northwestern State. Good. Have fun with that.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 20, 2017, 08:36:42 am
Sounds like he's going to end up at Northwestern State. Good. Have fun with that.

Itawamba Community College.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 20, 2017, 09:04:45 am
Itawamba Community College.

Aware. Talking D1 schools. Anywhere but Arkansas.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 20, 2017, 10:01:40 am
Aware. Talking D1 schools. Anywhere but Arkansas.

If Arkansas is willing to offer after 2 seasons in Junior college. Perry will be a Hog.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 20, 2017, 10:04:14 am
If Arkansas is willing to offer after 2 seasons in Junior college. Perry will be a Hog.

Hope they don't. I'd rather have Issac McBride or Collin Moore in 2019 for 4 years than an Arkansas kid that would rather be a Wildcat for two years. Just my opinion as a fan.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 20, 2017, 10:19:01 am
Hope they don't. I'd rather have Issac McBride or Collin Moore in 2019 for 4 years than an Arkansas kid that would rather be a Wildcat for two years. Just my opinion as a fan.

Czar Perry is arguably the best guard in the state regardless of class.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 20, 2017, 11:04:03 am

Czar Perry's cousin chiming in, folks.

Better than Khalil Garland?

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 20, 2017, 11:26:17 am
Czar Perry's cousin chiming in, folks.

Better than Khalil Garland?

I said arguably the best guard in the state. I would say that he is more explosive and quicker than Khalil Garland. That doesn't take anything away from Garland. He is a very good player in his own right.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 20, 2017, 11:38:55 am
I said arguably the best guard in the state. I would say that he is more explosive and quicker than Khalil Garland. That doesn't take anything away from Garland. He is a very good player in his own right.

Crawfishing like you read about.

What you're saying is Perry is the most athletic guard in the state, then? Because explosion and quickness are athletic traits, not skills.

Kevin McPherson

Khalil is the best backcourt player in the state, period. I consider Darious Hall a small forward, but some would call him a guard. Regardless of the label, he's special, too, and Hog fans are going to love him. If you put 1s, 2s, and 3s in a bucket, those 2 are clearly the best in the state. Czar, Marquise Eaton, Desi Sills, Exavian Christon, and Isaiah Joe are in the next tier. Justice Hill is the best true PG I've seen in-state regardless of class, but has no help and is still learning how to impact games like the list of juniors and seniors I just gave. Issac McBride is a combo guard who really is more of a 2. Cam Johnson, Avery Benson, Shakur Daniel, Miykah McIntosh, Jevan Brown, Tevin Brewer, Casey Benton, Tremont Robinson, Tyree Appleby, and Tylor Perry are all very good, too.

Jonteviosk

He will go JUCO and then go to Harding lol
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

HardingHog

Quote from: Jonteviosk on January 20, 2017, 08:24:54 pm
He will go JUCO and then go to Harding lol

One can only hope! Go Bisons! 

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 20, 2017, 11:04:03 am

From reading his quotes he's probably a little above Arkansas.  I mean CMA wants him, but not enough.

songofthesword

I do like czars game more than garlands hes a moee natural scorer,czar is a ture pg abd garland is kinda of a rich mans jonathan modica. The only problen we alrwady have justice hill in 19

FineAsSwine

Quote from: songofthesword on January 22, 2017, 12:02:16 pm
I do like czars game more than garlands hes a moee natural scorer,czar is a ture pg abd garland is kinda of a rich mans jonathan modica. The only problen we alrwady have justice hill in 19

If he ends up in juco for two years, where he ends up won't be as big of a deal bc we are on so many more quality kids in the upcoming years and can be more selective. So if he wants to go to UK, good luck. We'll be fine.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 19, 2017, 04:33:31 pm
You're talking a lot of sense, but in my heart, I don't have time for Arkansas kids who dream of playing for Kentucky. I'm not fooling with that anymore. Hopefully there's not any room for us to take a JUCO guard because we're filled up with Arkansas kids who want to be Hogs.

That's like being the #2 to a supermodel who is in love with George Clooney. Clooney likely won't want her, and you'd be a fool to turn down a supermodel just because you weren't her #1 option.

Of course this comparison may not translate 100%, considering Czar may actually just be a foot model who can't read very well. But if he is indeed a supermodel who can read after two years, bring him down.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Adam Stokes on January 26, 2017, 02:58:42 pm
That's like being the #2 to a supermodel who is in love with George Clooney. Clooney likely won't want her, and you'd be a fool to turn down a supermodel just because you weren't her #1 option.

Of course this comparison may not translate 100%, considering Czar may actually just be a foot model who can't read very well. But if he is indeed a supermodel who can read after two years, bring him down.

You do you. I'll do me. I'm not interested.

Hog_Swanson

Quote from: Hawg Red on January 26, 2017, 03:15:23 pm
You do you. I'll do me. I'm not interested.
+1 if I could.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on February 08, 2018, 08:00:41 pm

I have gonads, and as soon as my wife gets back I'll prove it.  I keep 'em in her purse. >:(

Quote from: PorkSoda on Today at 04:03:25 pm
Okay, you are right, I should have done that first instead of going off of what other people said was said.
So basically all my complaining was for nothing and I'm a dumbass.  I should have just watch the presser BEFORE commenting.

NorthChuckHog

Took a visit to Witchta State recently.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: NorthChuckHog on February 07, 2017, 10:37:52 pm
Took a visit to Witchta State recently.

Wes Swift got those kids that visit.

NWAHog479

What's the deal on him, grades/ACT? Must have a possibility of being eligible if he's going on these visits.

Hawg Red

Quote from: NWAHog479 on February 09, 2017, 10:22:58 am
What's the deal on him, grades/ACT? Must have a possibility of being eligible if he's going on these visits.

It sounds like an Austin Reaves situation where he'd likely only be eligible maybe in the low-to-mid-majors but the academic standards of the high-majors will keep him out. Probably why he's trying to go JUCO -- so he can play for a high-major after two years.

RUN N GUN

He's going to junior college...