Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I love Frank Solich's brand of football.

Started by Hollywood870, September 22, 2017, 09:33:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood870

Disciplined ,hardnosed, power srpead option attack. He's old and salty. I think he or his former player Scott Frost are what we need. With, of course a change at AD that would restore the lore of Razorback football that has vanished. Terry Don Phillips or Ken Hatfield and this place goes on attack mode. There used to be something different about Arkansas Razorback football uniquie to the rest of the country. This was "OUR" team. Arkansas team. Now we just argue and take shots at each other depending on where you live and what agenda you are backing. I remember riding up hwy 49 after the 42-7 win over BAMA.

Feelt free again like how it's suppose to feel. Cold front moving in, wet roads with fall colors of the falling leaves, crisp. Like when your listining to the '88 Baylor game with your Granpa in his beat up work truck. It's a feeling that can be described as "This is what Razorback football was meant to feel like. Little Country Arkansas outfighting the competition every week and developing a reputation. It just doesn't feel that way anymore.

up Hwy49 to Jonesboro to go to class one morning in the fall of 1998. Hogs had pummeled BAMA 42-7.

And in the process. Set us free again. I had the windows down. Cold front was on us, leaves blowing everywhere, and I Drove by a tractor with a large Hog Flag hanging from the tractor. Pride just swelled up. We were finally back again. It's a different kind of feeling that takes you back to when you were a kid. I hope things get back that way soon

JONAS

Hawghiggs

Porkchop#1

And much more importantly, Arkansas never should have fired Bobby Petrino.

HogHomer

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on September 22, 2017, 10:12:02 pm
And much more importantly, Arkansas never should have fired Bobby Petrino.
Keep beating that drum.

sowmonella

I wonder why no one has snapped him up in the 13 years since he left Nebraska? He's won 57% of his games at Ohio.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Ironhawg

Quote from: sowmonella on September 22, 2017, 10:37:33 pm
I wonder why no one has snapped him up in the 13 years since he left Nebraska? He's won 57% of his games at Ohio.

Why hasn't some bigger program taken him away from Ohio?  He was 58-19 (75.3%) at Nebraska and is 89-68 (56.7%) at Ohio.  His career head coaching record is 147-87 (62.8%).  He took Nebraska to six straight bowl games, though he didn't coach them in the last one.  He has taken to Ohio to eight bowls since he has been there. 

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-macs-college-football-coaches-2017

Porkchop#1

HogHomer

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on September 22, 2017, 10:51:12 pm
Keep enjoying that wonderful "Long on integrity".
Go hire your mistress at your job then try to cover it up when people find out. Willing to bet you wouldn't have a job at that point. But let's keep blaming bad ole Jeff long because Petrino made dumbass decisions.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: HogHomer on September 22, 2017, 10:59:37 pm
Go hire your mistress at your job then try to cover it up when people find out. Willing to bet you wouldn't have a job at that point. But let's keep blaming bad ole Jeff long because Petrino made dumbass decisions.
I respect your effort but I'm afraid it's wasted around here. These people don't understand that her getting that job was the only reason Bobby got fired

HogHomer

Quote from: theFlyingHog on September 22, 2017, 11:13:01 pm
I respect your effort but I'm afraid it's wasted around here. These people don't understand that her getting that job was the only reason Bobby got fired
Yeah I ignore most of it but I have to atleast put it out there. It's been 5 years you would think after all this time people would understand the situation but I guess I expect too much.

Hogarusa

Quote from: sowmonella on September 22, 2017, 10:37:33 pm

Dude is 73 years old thats why
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

Farmer Hogget

Quote from: theFlyingHog on September 22, 2017, 11:13:01 pm

And he lied to his boss, the media, and the people of Arkansas until the truth was found out. 

Porkchop#1

Quote from: HogHomer on September 22, 2017, 10:59:37 pm
Ooops my bad...I thought the athletic director was responsible for hiring athletic department employees.

But you're saying Petrino actually hired the ole gal?

SemperFi

Misappropriation of funds....pull that crap at your job and let's see how long you remain employed. BP screwed up and it's his fault and nobody else's fault but his. JL, like him or hate him, did what any boss should have done and fired his dumb ass. BP screwed us, not JL.

Frank Solich is a good coach, but if we find ourselves searching for a new coach in 2018 there are far better options out there.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

The_Iceman

Quote from: Farmer Hogget on September 23, 2017, 07:35:52 am
And he lied to his boss, the media, and the people of Arkansas until the truth was found out.

ALL while breaking federal hiring laws.

HardCore

Quote from: JONAS on September 22, 2017, 10:02:54 pm
Nebraska never should have fired Solich.

So, the start of their downfall.  I know how they feel.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

Swestwill66

Brohm from Purdue. Florida probably gets him though.

wildhogman

Quote from: Porkchop#1 on September 23, 2017, 08:06:20 am
Ooops my bad...I thought the athletic director was responsible for hiring athletic department employees.

But you're saying Petrino actually hired the ole gal?
Since I have the perspective of working out in construction I'll weigh in on this.  If one of Our Glazers comes to the owner(AD) and says, "hey this guy will make a good helper". The idea being that the guy will be that Glazers helper the boss will usually give the Glazer benefit of doubt and hire his Friend(Bobby's GF).  Now the boss DID the actual hire, but who actually got the new helper his job?  Only people with agendy's cannot see the truth. They tell me to take of my hog colored glasses. Maybe in this case they need to take of their "darkside" glasses.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

I think the power spread would be perfect at Arkansas. Were honestly just a few key players away from that anyway
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Ironhawg on September 22, 2017, 10:46:58 pm
Why hasn't some bigger program taken him away from Ohio?  He was 58-19 (75.3%) at Nebraska and is 89-68 (56.7%) at Ohio.  His career head coaching record is 147-87 (62.8%).  He took Nebraska to six straight bowl games, though he didn't coach them in the last one.  He has taken to Ohio to eight bowls since he has been there. 

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/ranking-macs-college-football-coaches-2017

Maybe he hasn't quit doing what got him fired..................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on September 24, 2017, 09:04:04 pm
Maybe he hasn't quit doing what got him fired..................

What got him fired? 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

HiggiePiggy

If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?