Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texas AM and Kentucky....

Started by baileydog, April 14, 2024, 08:04:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

baileydog

Of course the year we are firing on all cylinders....Kentucky and Texas AM are, too.

These 2 teams are the real deal. I have no idea how our series is going to go with either one. We will see what our pitching is really made of with those 2 series.

Axle

Quote from: baileydog on April 14, 2024, 08:04:42 amOf course the year we are firing on all cylinders....Kentucky and Texas AM are, too.

These 2 teams are the real deal. I have no idea how our series is going to go with either one. We will see what our pitching is really made of with those 2 series.

Both are road trips. Going to be tough.

LRhawg926

Quote from: baileydog on April 14, 2024, 08:04:42 amOf course the year we are firing on all cylinders....Kentucky and Texas AM are, too.

I'd give the nod to the teams at home. If the series was In Fayetteville, I'd think we win.

Axle

Quote from: LRhawg926 on April 14, 2024, 08:10:15 amI'd give the nod to the teams at home. If the series was In Fayetteville, I'd think we win.

I agree.

onebadrubi

Dang, I thought A&M was in Fayetteville. 

TebowHater

Hagen probably won't go undefeated this year with our bats, but Hagen + Mac/Gaeckle are going to give us as good a chance as anyone every Friday night. Then we just gotta win 1 of 2 Sat or Sun to take the series. We can definitely do it against both of them but we're going to need our bats to show up and need one more closer we can trust to develop. We were counting on Dietz being that guy, but that's looking less likely with his injury.

We have a good team.  Not a perfect team, those do not exist.  And we've seen enough SEC baseball to realize the home team ends up getting JUST a few critical calls per game to eek out a win.  You do not get a lot of gifts on the road.  I agree A&M and Ky will likely wins these 2 series.  If we learn to hit under pressure, we do have a chance.  Right now the hitting is putting enormous pressure on the pitching and this could eventually bring down the pitching. The good thing is we get to see the end results. We will be whining or cheering all the way. 

Atlhogfan1

UK has played a similar schedule to ours.  A&M is more the real deal at this point.  And I'm fine if they earn the #1 overall seed in the NCAAT and the burden and curse of it.  We still have some answers to find before the postseason. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

philiphog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on April 14, 2024, 10:31:35 amUK has played a similar schedule to ours.  A&M is more the real deal at this point.  And I'm fine if they earn the #1 overall seed in the NCAAT and the burden and curse of it.  We still have some answers to find before the postseason. 

A&M and Kentucky both have more favorable schedules than us down the back stretch which significantly helps them:

Final 5 SEC Series:

A&M
Alabama (AWAY)
Georgia (HOME)
LSU (AWAY)
Ole Miss (AWAY)
Arkansas (HOME)

Kentucky
Tennessee (HOME)
USCe (AWAY)
Arkansas (HOME)
Florida (AWAY)
Vandy (HOME)
*8-1 on the road in SEC play

Arkansas
South Carolina (AWAY)
Florida (HOME)
Kentucky (AWAY)
Mississippi State (HOME)
A&M (AWAY)

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: philiphog on April 14, 2024, 10:44:49 amA&M and Kentucky both have more favorable schedules than us down the back stretch which significantly helps them:

Final 5 SEC Series:

A&M
Alabama (AWAY)
Georgia (HOME)
LSU (AWAY)
Ole Miss (AWAY)
Arkansas (HOME)

Kentucky
Tennessee (HOME)
USCe (AWAY)
Arkansas (HOME)
Florida (AWAY)
Vandy (HOME)
*8-1 on the road in SEC play

Arkansas
South Carolina (AWAY)
Florida (HOME)
Kentucky (AWAY)
Mississippi State (HOME)
A&M (AWAY)

Ours is definitely backloaded including where the series will be played. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Dave-Van-car-Horn

That Kentucky and Arkansas series is gonna be crazy this year with the hiring of Coach Cal.
I'm sure they will have extra motivation to beat us. To bad it isn't at home this year.