Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Spring Football Scrimmage Format

Started by boaredstiff, March 17, 2017, 10:21:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

boaredstiff

I attended The Spring Football Scrimmage two years ago.  I have been struck with wonder, for some time now, as to why Bielema chooses not to follow an actual game format.  The place kicking game seems to play an inordinately large part in accounting for the scoring progression of these scrimmages, and I've never understood why.  Can anyone enlighten me as to why Bielema chooses not to follow a standard game format?

I'm new here; this is only my second post.  I'm a dedicated Hogs fan.

ricepig

Quote from: boaredstiff on March 17, 2017, 10:21:26 pm
I attended The Spring Football Scrimmage two years ago.  I have been struck with wonder, for some time now, as to why Bielema chooses not to follow an actual game format.  The place kicking game seems to play an inordinately large part in accounting for the scoring progression of these scrimmages, and I've never understood why.  Can anyone enlighten me as to why Bielema chooses not to follow a standard game format?

I'm new here; this is only my second post.  I'm a dedicated Hogs fan.

Because, there's a bigger chance of injuries on punts and KO's, than other plays. I don't remember kicking and punting full speed in the previous games through the years, either. It's a practice, not a real game, check out some of the other games on the SEC Network.

boaredstiff

Quote from: ricepig on March 18, 2017, 09:16:45 am
Because, there's a bigger chance of injuries on punts and KO's, than other plays. I don't remember kicking and punting full speed in the previous games through the years, either. It's a practice, not a real game, check out some of the other games on the SEC Network.

I rather suspected cautionary reasoning to be the main consideration in this regard, but I wasn't sure.  Thanks for the info.