Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

25th Anniversary in the SEC

Started by counsellorhog, February 23, 2017, 08:17:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

counsellorhog

... and not one football conference championship. 

Vantage 8 dude

February 23, 2017, 08:20:09 pm #1 Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 10:11:33 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: counsellorhog on February 23, 2017, 08:17:34 pm
... and not one football conference championship.
Yes, I have a feeling this is NOT news to anyone. Have anything else of surprising value ??? BTW I see you failed to mention the small fact that we HAVE played in multiple SEC Championship Games. Then again perhaps that little nugget doesn't fit into your rant.

hawgmasta

Well we have been there . . Some have been in the conference longer and never played for the championship.

biglewhog77

Arkansas Fan

I think it's because Arkansas beats itself with coaching problems and facing really, really good competition.

FANONTHEHILL

Alabama (7), Auburn (3), Florida (7), Georgia (2), LSU (4) & Tennessee (2) have won have won the SEC in the last 25 years.
A&M (1998) and Mizzou (1969) are new, but these are their last championships in the Big 12 and Big 8.

Also 12 of the of the 25 conference champions have been National Champion  and of 8 times it was the Western Division Champion.

All of this to say that we've put ourselves in elite company and need to step up.  I believe everyone in the program from the AD down is fully aware.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Vantage 8 dude

Delighted to see this original post is where it deserves to be: in the trash bin.  :)

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 24, 2017, 09:58:44 am
Delighted to see this original post is where it deserves to be: in the trash bin.  :)

Still we never won an SEC title !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 28, 2017, 10:13:07 am
Still we never won an SEC title !
So tell us something we're not already aware. And while it's true that we've never WON an SECC at least we have played for one multiple times. And while that may not satisfy any of us who want the Hogs to win big, at least we can put it in perspective: been multiple teams/schools over that same period who've never played in their FIRST. So in the end I suppose it comes down to whether a person wants to merely dwell on the negatives. I prefer to look at it as a situation where our odds of eventually winning it all are improved every time we "step to the plate".

LCAPTP

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 28, 2017, 10:59:25 am
So tell us something we're not already aware. And while it's true that we've never WON an SECC at least we have played for one multiple times. And while that may not satisfy any of us who want the Hogs to win big, at least we can put it in perspective: been multiple teams/schools over that same period who've never played in their FIRST. So in the end I suppose it comes down to whether a person wants to merely dwell on the negatives. I prefer to look at it as a situation where our odds of eventually winning it all are improved every time we "step to the plate".

Yes and we got shafted in two of those championship games.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Torqued pork

It's 2017. Championships don't matter anymore. It's all about knowing our place and counting the money. Keep up.