Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just called DTS and told them no to firing Mike Anderson

Started by forrest city joe, February 08, 2017, 06:35:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggish1

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 08, 2017, 06:35:38 pm
The show does not sound good for Mike from any of the three.even Rick has a tone of sadness in his voice.so you fire Anderson guys may get your wish.but it will not change how i feel about it.it will be a big mistake that will sit this program back even more years.Long needs to keep Mike Anderson.if he fires him it's the wrong move.STAND STRONG JEFF.

Joe, the answer is hire Noland back and let Mike be his top assistant.
Quote from: elvis26 on February 08, 2017, 06:39:48 pm
;D I agree forrestcity joe!!!!! we need to keep mike Anderson. he is still a good coach. he will turn it around soon!!!!!!

By soon do you mean before Arkansas wins a NC in football?

Hoggish1

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 08, 2017, 06:35:38 pm
The show does not sound good for Mike from any of the three.even Rick has a tone of sadness in his voice.so you fire Anderson guys may get your wish.but it will not change how i feel about it.it will be a big mistake that will sit this program back even more years.Long needs to keep Mike Anderson.if he fires him it's the wrong move.STAND STRONG JEFF.

Joe, the answer is hire Noland back and let Mike be his top assistant.
Quote from: elvis26 on February 08, 2017, 06:39:48 pm
;D I agree forrestcity joe!!!!! we need to keep mike Anderson. he is still a good coach. he will turn it around soon!!!!!!

By soon do you mean before Arkansas wins a NC in football?
Quote from: WilsonHog on February 08, 2017, 08:01:06 pm
On the day he was hired, no fan believed in Mike more than I did.

It's been a long six years.

If you would have told me that we would be where we are in year six, I would have called you a liar and offered to fight you.

I was wrong.

Well, if we had won the last two games like we should have, we would be sitting at 19-5.

Sivad

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 08, 2017, 08:19:11 pm
I believe this to be true: Mike is still employed here because of his connections to the past, not because of the present.
Absolutely true.
It also why he was hired in the first place.
It was stupid then and it is stupid now.

swineology

Quote from: Sivad on February 08, 2017, 08:48:46 pm
Absolutely true.
It also why he was hired in the first place.
It was stupid then and it is stupid now.

And will end like the Nutt era, another Arkansas native close to the program that should've not been hired

Letsroll1200

If fired I'm hoping Mike get the LSU job. It's major talent in Lousiana. I think he will be able to show that he improved his record at Arkansas every year but one. I think Mike can do at LSU what Tubby is doing at Memphis.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 08, 2017, 08:15:58 pm
Keep fooling yourself about this.

If they are Arkansas kids and Hog fans, you get a decent coach and they stick.

forrest city joe

Looks like we are about to find out.hope it does not com
Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 08, 2017, 08:58:56 pm
If they are Arkansas kids and Hog fans, you get a decent coach and they stick.
e to this.but looks like there is a real chance it will i regret to say.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 08, 2017, 08:57:09 pm
If fired I'm hoping Mike get the LSU job. It's major talent in Lousiana. I think he will be able to show that he improved his record at Arkansas every year but one. I think Mike can do at LSU what Tubby is doing at Memphis.

I do too. Guaranteed home win for us.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Letsroll1200

I'm to the point with all the negativity is to give them what they want. If the fan base don't appreciate what Mike has done and is doing let him move on and win someplace else. He doesn't deserve it and he is still young enough to get a high major job. Somebody is going to hire Mike and I'm hoping that it's LSU.

RazorPiggie

Would you be wearing purple and gold to the games in Fayetteville? I could see you an Joe doing that. You'd be like a couple of groupies.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 08, 2017, 09:02:00 pm
I do too. Guaranteed home win for us.

He's been successful at two places and has had some success at Arkansas. I don't want to see the guy get beat down by the culture and media manipulators in Arkansas.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 08, 2017, 09:05:08 pm
Would you be wearing purple and gold to the games in Fayetteville?

I've witnessed this media beat down Nolan and now Mike. I'm going to root for the good guy Mike Anderson.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 08, 2017, 09:07:22 pm
I've witnessed this media beat down Nolan and now Mike. I'm going to root for the good guy Mike Anderson.

Thanks for your honesty. Hopefully, the others will also admit they are for team MA and not team Arkansas Razorbacks.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: code red on February 08, 2017, 06:51:17 pm
We are as low as we can possibly be.
Seriously? We've had much worse years than the one we're currently having.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Peter Porker

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 08, 2017, 09:05:43 pm
He's been successful at two places and has had some success at Arkansas. I don't want to see the guy get beat down by the culture and media manipulators in Arkansas.

You do realize that he is highly compensated. When he signed his first contract he was one of the top 10 highest paid basketball coaches. You seeing Top 10 results?

Ironhawg

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 08, 2017, 09:05:08 pm
Would you be wearing purple and gold to the games in Fayetteville? I could see you an Joe doing that. You'd be like a couple of groupies.

I think that is a foregone conclusion.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on February 08, 2017, 07:02:13 pm
Most of those kids want to play for the University of Arkansas because it's their home state school, not for MA. They know that if they all come together like if Allen and Monk had, they could be a really good team. Imagine what they could do if they all stuck with their commitment because they want to be a HOG, and actually have a good coach... Love CMA as a person, but he's not a good coach.
It's always a mistake to think you know what a 17 or 18 year old is thinking. These kids are not gonna come play for a coach they don't even know or haven't built some kind of relationship with.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 08, 2017, 09:13:45 pm
It's always a mistake to think you know what a 17 or 18 year old is thinking. These kids are not gonna come play for a coach they don't even know or haven't built some kind of relationship with.

They'll have a year to get to know him.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 08, 2017, 06:49:41 pm
Would have been worth your time. He said on Mattingly's show today that there was no reason why the Razorbacks should be a Top 25 program every year, that it looked like our players didn't know their roles, and he wondered if Mike had "lost" the team.
I'm curious. Did you hear him say anything about letting him go?

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 08, 2017, 09:09:03 pm
Thanks for your honesty. Hopefully, the others will also admit they are for team MA and not team Arkansas Razorbacks.

I'm for Razorbacks no doubt about that. Mike Anderson is definitely my favorite coach. Has been that way since he wasn't retained by Arkansas the first time.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 08, 2017, 09:16:18 pm
I'm for Razorbacks no doubt about that. Mike Anderson is definitely my favorite coach. Has been that way since he wasn't retained by Arkansas the first time.

But you're more for MA than the Razorbacks. It's pretty obvious why certain posters are so adamant in their defense of CMA and it has nothing to do with what happens on the court.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 08, 2017, 09:15:31 pm
I'm curious. Did you hear him say anything about letting him go?

I summarized what was released by Mattingly via Twitter. The audio is available, but I did not listen to it.

My guess, however, would be no.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: code red on February 08, 2017, 06:53:43 pm
Totally agree hard to imagine it being any worse.  6-5 in conference.
We were 2-14 in conference one year under Pelphrey. How quickly we forget.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hogsanity on February 08, 2017, 07:53:23 pm
oh look ANOTHER FREAKING 10 YEAR OLD ACCOUNT that the poster just decided to start posting, and guess what, he backs Mike Anderson. How many of these are going to show up? It is just a joke at this point.
It's funny. You always fail to mention all the Mike haters that show up out of nowhere... ???

Peter Porker

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 08, 2017, 09:18:25 pm
We were 2-14 in conference one year under Pelphrey. How quickly we forget.

Yea, the guy fired after 4 seasons and wasn't making half of what CMA makes.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 08, 2017, 09:19:58 pm
Yea, the guy fired after 4 seasons and wasn't making half of what CMA makes.
Didn't win near as many games as Mike did in 4 seasons. Check the records.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 08, 2017, 09:21:00 pm
Didn't win near as many games as Mike did in 4 seasons. Check the records.

Yep. Got fired for not delivering the expected results.

3kgthog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 08, 2017, 09:13:45 pm

Wrong. It didn't bother the kids in Madden's class.

RedRock

If Mike wanted to keep his job, he would do a better job of coaching. Nobody keeps a job when they underperform.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Rock City Razorback on February 08, 2017, 09:28:17 pm
So you're not a Hog fan is what you're saying? Trolljob Level 1000

Bench warmer using the troll word!!

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 08, 2017, 09:18:01 pm
But you're more for MA than the Razorbacks. It's pretty obvious why certain posters are so adamant in their defense of CMA and it has nothing to do with what happens on the court.

I'm critical of Mike  but firing Mike is not the right thing to do at this time.

hobhog

Quote from: Lanny on February 08, 2017, 08:19:10 pm
You will probably get your wish

I fear what next year will be. Can you imagine how ugly it could be if he stumbles early? Another year like this year and I can't imagine the darkness that would befall theprogram. Long has to know it.

I'm ok with FCJs loyalty. Misplaced but seems sincere.

WilsonHog

For some posters, I think it's more important that the Razorbacks be successful with Mike than it is they be successful without him.

HogBreath

Really bad comparison there, Tubby could coach circles around Mike.
I said...LSU has often been an overrated team.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

GlassofSwine

I was excited when they hired Mike. I stopped watching games under Heath and Pelphrey. I believed in Mike through the first 4 years and saw the improvement. I viewed last year as an expected down year and thought the time played hard despite having little talent. This year has changed that, we have talent and they don't show up. That is the coaches, it is there job to motivate and prepare the players. If it was one game than I could chalk it up as an outlier, but it is the norm that we play uninspired and without pride. This team with the right coach would be sitting at 9-2 in conference and tied for 1st.

c-townfan

FCJ, I have always been a Mike supporter. I personally wanted Marshall in the beginning but was beyond excited when we got Mike. Was slightly on the fence coming into the season but can tell you after the last two games I do believe it's time for us to go another direction. The last two games were beyond bad and considering the sec has been the worst conference of all the power conferences during Mike's tenure his results are truthfully unacceptable.

My question to you is this. I have seen your posts in regards to Bielema. He has been here two years less than Mike and I'm sure everyone knows it takes much longer to establish a football program than basketball. So why are you so against Bielema and for Mike? Seems very hypocritical to me. I kind of think I know the reason but would rather have you tell me so I don't have to guess. Thanks.

HogBreath

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 08, 2017, 09:39:50 pm
For some posters, I think it's more important that the Razorbacks be successful with Mike than it is they be successful without him.

No question there are some who feel that way, in fact, they'd prefer to be mediocre with Mike over being better with out him.

That ignoramus Draconian Sanctions said..if we're overrated, why are we ranked higher than you are?

Letsroll1200

Quote from: HogBreath on February 08, 2017, 09:46:36 pm
Really bad comparison there, Tubby could coach circles around Mike.

Mike's worse team beat Tubby coached team last season.

rljjr

Fairly certain those kids will be Hogs no matter who the coach is. If not, that's ok too. Everyone gets to make choices in life.

hamsam

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 08, 2017, 07:26:52 pm
No we are are not.remember Pel 2 and 15 sec season? so you are wrong.

Remember your quote in my signature line Joe? It's proof that you simply live in the moment and have absolutely no grasp of the true situation.
"I am speachless. is this program on the right freaking track or what?i love the way Pel is coaching this team. i love this team. lets just keep getting better. congrats to Pel and the hawgs.PIG SOOIE!"

Forrest City Joe   December 30, 2008

HogBreath

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 08, 2017, 10:02:12 pm
Mike's worse team beat Tubby coached team last season.
Tubby never lost to Kim Anderson.

He also has a natty and 3 elite's 8's.  The guy can coach.

Dmacattack

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 08, 2017, 07:26:52 pm
No we are are not.remember Pel 2 and 15 sec season? so you are wrong.
Love your passion Joe!!whats confusing to me is you've recently called for the whole defensive staff to be fired...that the product on the field is unacceptable. Yet you are not irate over the drumming our basketball team has received 3 times recently. You don't insist on changes being made to Anderson's staff...you just choose to say things are ok and Anderson's right for the job.

I mean no disrespect Joe. You are one of the most passionate Hog fans I've ever heard. However, you refuse to admit that you hold the 2 coaching staffs to different standards. Btw, if anything the fball team should have a lower standard. The SEC W is the best division in football. Can't say the same for the SEC basketball league.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: HogBreath on February 08, 2017, 10:06:44 pm
Tubby never lost to Kim Anderson.

He also has a natty and 3 elite's 8's.  The guy can coach.

No doubt!! If fired Mike Anderson will prove his worth someplace else

hogsanity

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 08, 2017, 08:01:06 pm
On the day he was hired, no fan believed in Mike more than I did.

It's been a long six years.

If you would have told me that we would be where we are in year six, I would have called you a liar and offered to fight you.

I was wrong.

a few of us told you this is exactly what we would get with Mike. We were called racist by some and banned.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Ironhawg on February 08, 2017, 08:10:41 pm
I wanted Mike here.  Heck I even went to BWA when he was introduced.  Unfortunately the results just have not risen to the level I had hoped.  I was not expecting Nolan-level success, but I did expect to be in the top 25 year in and year out and to a fixture in the tournament.  We are coming to the end of year six and we have not gotten close to my expectations.  This makes me seriously doubt what Mike might be able to accomplish with the good recruits coming up and wonder what someone younger, more talented and hungrier might be able to do with them.
This is me except going to BWA. MAs imminent hiring is when I joined Hogville, I was so thrilled to have the prodigal son return to lead us back to the promised land, sadly MA has failed. He is not as good a motivator/teacher as I thought he might have learned from NR! I am still thinking we are at this crossroads because of his atrocious recruiting in 14-15. I am ready to move on unless he can pull a miracle finish.

hogsanity

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 08, 2017, 09:19:58 pm
It's funny. You always fail to mention all the Mike haters that show up out of nowhere... ???

I've pointed out some of them too. I wonder where/why all of them are coming from. Seriously there have been over a dozen posters with almost no posts with accounts created in 2007 suddenly show up and start posting, like it took them a decade to figure out how to make a post or something.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

rude1

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 08, 2017, 08:13:16 pm
Disagree.2 more years.
Just curious Joe, say we do fire Mike, are you willing to give the next coach 8 years to get things turned around?

SPAL

I think we all know the real reason FCJ is hanging on to Mike but wanted to fire pel and has an agenda against the football coach. Maybe it's the elephant in the room and nobody wants to touch it.....But you gotta know it's the reason.

cityhog

Quote from: Ironhawg on February 08, 2017, 08:10:41 pm
I wanted Mike here.  Heck I even went to BWA when he was introduced.  Unfortunately the results just have not risen to the level I had hoped.  I was not expecting Nolan-level success, but I did expect to be in the top 25 year in and year out and to a fixture in the tournament.  We are coming to the end of year six and we have not gotten close to my expectations.  This makes me seriously doubt what Mike might be able to accomplish with the good recruits coming up and wonder what someone younger, more talented and hungrier might be able to do with them.

This is the fan I never understood. It was just so blatantly obvious that a)MA was a mediocre coach. His record indicated as much. B) Jeff Long caved to the sentimental fan base and did NOT conduct a national search like he promised he would.

But hey, you guys got EXACTLY what you wanted and six wasted years later, here we are. This whole season makes me mad as spit because it reminds me of how disappointed I was in the hire in the first place.

I cannot wait until we can bury this ridiculous sentimentality for all things 'hawgball' '40 minutes of hell' #fastest40, etc etc. Name the court after Nolan and let's move on for the love of god. Please. Let's move on.

hogsanity

Quote from: cityhog on February 08, 2017, 11:18:25 pm
This is the fan I never understood. It was just so blatantly obvious that a)MA was a mediocre coach. His record indicated as much. B) Jeff Long caved to the sentimental fan base and did NOT conduct a national search like he promised he would.

But hey, you guys got EXACTLY what you wanted and six wasted years later, here we are. This whole season makes me mad as spit because it reminds me of how disappointed I was in the hire in the first place.

I cannot wait until we can bury this ridiculous sentimentality for all things 'hawgball' '40 minutes of hell' #fastest40, etc etc. Name the court after Nolan and let's move on for the love of god. Please. Let's move on.

It is an Arkansas thing. We, as a state, pine for the way things were in just about everything.