Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just called DTS and told them no to firing Mike Anderson

Started by forrest city joe, February 08, 2017, 06:35:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pork Twain

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 09, 2017, 12:47:53 pm
Wrong.Pel was terrible. and the program was in terrible shape when he was fired.he was fired because he was in over his head.and was a terrible coach. you can't re-write history.
Yet MA is doing no better.  Could it be that he is in over his head as well?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

GuvHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 09, 2017, 12:47:53 pm
Wrong.Pel was terrible. and the program was in terrible shape when he was fired.he was fired because he was in over his head.and was a terrible coach. you can't re-write history.

I'm not rewriting history Joe, you are.

It's a fact that Pel's last team had 18 wins when he was terminated with games left to be played.

It's a fact that Pel cleaned up the APR problems caused by Stan Heath.

It's a fact that Pel's last team received an NIT bid even though he had been terminated (the U of A turned it down).

It's a fact that Pel had a top 10 recruiting class on it's way to campus for the next season when he was terminated.

All of that shows that the program was on the upswing when Pel was terminated.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

forrest city joe

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 09, 2017, 12:49:37 pm
Yet MA is doing no better.  Could it be that he is in over his head as well?
Mike is a proven coach.(see UAB and Mizzo)Pel is not.Mike has been hired by 3 Big time basketball schools.Pel has not been hired since Arkansas fired him.nobody jas hired him as head coach. that speaks for itself.

forrest city joe

Quote from: GuvHog on February 09, 2017, 01:03:41 pm
I'm not rewriting history Joe, you are.

It's a fact that Pel's last team had 18 wins when he was terminated.

It's a fact that Pel cleaned up the APR problems caused by Stan Heath.

It's a fact that Pel's last team received an NIT bid even though he had been terminated (the U of A turned it down).

It's a fact that Pel had a top 10 recruiting class on it's way to campus for the next season when he was terminated.

All of that shows that the program was on the upswing when Pel was terminated.
Jeff Long is not a stupid man. if everything was so good,why did he fire him?Long hastold you and others why he did. he said the program was in such bad shape under Pel that he did not even count the first 2 years against Mike.that does not sound like an A.D. who thinks a coach is doing a good job.and that why he was fired.because he was doing a terrible job.does 2 and 15,in sec play ring a bell? you can not re-write history. the facts don't lie.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: GuvHog on February 09, 2017, 01:03:41 pm
It's a fact that Pel's last team had 18 wins when he was terminated with games left to be played.
How many (oh so important) conference wins did he have? BTW I know they are important but some act like they aren't when they try to prove a point. Like's Stan Heath's 7-9 conference record in his final year was impressive or something.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Captain Morgan

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 09, 2017, 01:03:42 pm
Mike is a proven coach.(see UAB and Mizzo)Pel is not.Mike has been hired by 3 Big time basketball schools.Pel has not been hired since Arkansas fired him.nobody jas hired him as head coach. that speaks for itself.

Calling UAB, Mizzou or Arkansas big time basketball schools in 2017 is beyond hilliarious 😂😂😂😂😂

GuvHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 09, 2017, 01:08:48 pm
Jeff Long is not a stupid man. if everything was so good,why did he fire him?Long hastold you and others why he did. he said the program was in such bad shape under Pel that he did not even count the first 2 years against Mike.that does not sound like an A.D. who thinks a coach is doing a good job.and that why he was fired.because he was doing a terrible job.does 2 and 15,in sec play ring a bell? you can not re-write history. the facts don't lie.

I didn't rewrite history. I listed the facts and they don't lie. Long was forced to can Pelphrey and hire Anderson but he will never admit it. The excuse he gave for firing Pel was to hide the truth.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Captain Morgan on February 09, 2017, 01:14:01 pm
Calling UAB, Mizzou or Arkansas big time basketball schools in 2017 is beyond hilliarious 😂😂😂😂😂
They are better than So.Alabama.that's the best Pel can do without getting fired.sorry but it is.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Captain Morgan on February 09, 2017, 01:14:01 pm
Why? Most seem to think that Arkansas is this big time basketball program that can go out there and pick and choose who they want as the coach.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Biggus Piggus

Mike Anderson is a proven coach. Proven to lose double-digit games.

His career won/loss average is roughly 22-11.

In 14+ seasons, he's won less than 20 games five times (not counting the current one) and won more than 22 games five times.

His best records were 24-7 at UAB, 31-7 at Missouri, and 27-9 at Arkansas.

His Arkansas won/loss average is roughly 21-12, doing the math assuming this season is 70% done.

Stan Heath was fired because he maxed out at virtually the same W-L record that Mike Anderson has maintained at Arkansas.

John Pelphrey had a good recruiting class lined up and very likely would have reached the 21-22 win threshold, had he not been fired and replaced by a coach who has done no better than the level Pelphrey was on track to reach.

Heath's performance wasn't enough. Pelphrey's wasn't enough. Why is Anderson's enough for any of you?
[CENSORED]!

forrest city joe

Quote from: GuvHog on February 09, 2017, 01:16:01 pm
I didn't rewrite history. I listed the facts and they don't lie. Long was forced to can Pelphrey and hire Anderson but he will never admit it. The excuse he gave for firing Pel was to hide the truth.
I believe Jeff Long and not you. no one put a gun to Long's head and said fire Pel or else.i believe Long when he said he fired Pel because the program was a dumpster fire.

GuvHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 09, 2017, 01:19:39 pm
I believe Jeff Long and not you. no one put a gun to Long's head and said fire Pel or else.i believe Long when he said he fired Pel because the program was a dumpster fire.

The facts don't lie Joe, and I listed them carefully. If Jeff Long said that, he was wrong and the facts prove it.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 09, 2017, 01:18:50 pm
Mike Anderson is a proven coach. Proven to lose double-digit games.

His career won/loss average is roughly 22-11.

In 14+ seasons, he's won less than 20 games five times (not counting the current one) and won more than 22 games five times.

His best records were 24-7 at UAB, 31-7 at Missouri, and 27-9 at Arkansas.

His Arkansas won/loss average is roughly 21-12, doing the math assuming this season is 70% done.

Stan Heath was fired because he maxed out at virtually the same W-L record that Mike Anderson has maintained at Arkansas.

John Pelphrey had a good recruiting class lined up and very likely would have reached the 21-22 win threshold, had he not been fired and replaced by a coach who has done no better than the level Pelphrey was on track to reach.

Heath's performance wasn't enough. Pelphrey's wasn't enough. Why is Anderson's enough for any of you?
Wrong again. but what else is new. Pel was a pitiful coach,who had the program in pitiful shape. the A.D. has told you that's why he fired him.he call the program under Pel a dumpster fire. and i agree with Jeff Long.

forrest city joe

Quote from: GuvHog on February 09, 2017, 01:22:54 pm
The facts don't lie Joe, and I listed them carefully. If Jeff Long said that, he was wrong and the facts prove it.
Jeff Long did say that. and he said it on Bo's show just last year when the same people wanted him to fire Mike.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 09, 2017, 01:23:10 pm
Wrong again. but what else is new. Pel was a pitiful coach,who had the program in pitiful shape. the A.D. has told you that's why he fired him.he call the program under Pel a dumpster fire. and i agree with Jeff Long.

Wrong? I didn't say anything wrong + you didn't say anything that made sense. And you are fabricating the entire story about Long and Pelphrey. Billy Donovan will tell you why he was angry when Pelphrey was fired, if you want to know the truth. Your story is a freaking lie that you made up to defend your beloved Mike Anderson, who is a mediocre basketball coach who doesn't rate in the top two-thirds of SEC coaches. And THAT is a fact.
[CENSORED]!

GuvHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 09, 2017, 01:25:05 pm
Jeff Long did say that. and he said it on Bo's show just last year when the same people wanted him to fire Mike.

He was wrong Joe. The facts don't lie and I listed them very carefully.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 09, 2017, 01:25:48 pm
Wrong? I didn't say anything wrong + you didn't say anything that made sense. And you are fabricating the entire story about Long and Pelphrey. Billy Donovan will tell you why he was angry when Pelphrey was fired, if you want to know the truth. Your story is a freaking lie that you made up to defend your beloved Mike Anderson, who is a mediocre basketball coach who doesn't rate in the top two-thirds of SEC coaches. And THAT is a fact.
Nope i am not fabricating what Long said.he said it on Bo's show just last year. said he did not even count the first 2 years against Mike,becuse he took over a Dumpster fire. that is the truth. not the re-writing of history you and some others are posting here.and yes i still support the program and coach Mike Anderson. and proud of it.

maggiesue

Either MA has pictures on FCJ or he is delusional.  No good argument from a true razorback fan that Arkansas should keep this coach.  Bad basketball, bad attendance, bad recruiting, 6 years of awful basketball.  Clueless!

Next1_04

forrest city joe

Quote from: GuvHog on February 09, 2017, 01:29:43 pm
He was wrong Joe. The facts don't lie and I listed them very carefully.
No he was right Guv. and 2 and 15 in the sec proves it.Pel should have been fired right then.but Long was nice and gave him another year.then he fired him.

forrest city joe

Quote from: maggiesue on February 09, 2017, 01:31:36 pm
Either MA has pictures on FCJ or he is delusional.  No good argument from a true razorback fan that Arkansas should keep this coach.  Bad basketball, bad attendance, bad recruiting, 6 years of awful basketball.  Clueless!
I disagree. sorry but everyone does not agree with you fire Mike Anderson folks.you guys want him fired. i and some others don't. you may have more people on your side.i will admit that.but still does not meani and others have to agree with you. and i don't.

GuvHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 09, 2017, 01:33:33 pm
No he was right Guv. and 2 and 15 in the sec proves it.Pel should have been fired right then.but Long was nice and gave him another year.then he fired him.

I posted the facts Joe, and those facts prove Jeff Long was wrong. Try all you want but you can't get around that. Jeff Long is human and he made a mistake that has hurt the U of A basketball Program.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 09, 2017, 01:03:42 pm

Calling Mizzou and UAB "big time" basketball schools is a little disingenuous.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

maggiesue

FCJ says canning MA would set the program back....are you kidding?  It is in the toilet and people have turned away?  A new hire would give fans renewed hope.

forrest city joe

Quote from: GuvHog on February 09, 2017, 01:37:56 pm
I posted the facts Joe, and those facts prove Jeff Long was wrong. Try all you want but you can't get around that. Jeff Long is human and he made a mistake that has hurt the U of A basketball Program.
100% disagree.sorry Guv,but Long did the right thing when he fired Pel.and i was so happy when he did it.props to him.

Inhogswetrust

People that say keep him because of an upcoming highly rated class needs to remember the class when Mike was hired was "salvaged" and still signed with the Hogs. Nothing to say that couldn't happen again with a new coach.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

forrest city joe

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 09, 2017, 01:40:46 pm
Calling Mizzou and UAB "big time" basketball schools is a little disingenuous.
They are better than what Pel had.SO.Alabama. then he gets the Arkansas job and is fired.facts speaks volumes.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 09, 2017, 01:31:19 pm
Nope i am not fabricating what Long said.he said it on Bo's show just last year. said he did not even count the first 2 years against Mike,becuse he took over a Dumpster fire. that is the truth. not the re-writing of history you and some others are posting here.and yes i still support the program and coach Mike Anderson. and proud of it.

Joe, our memories of the basketball program were not wiped solely because you want history to have been different. Pelphrey was fired solely to make room for Mike Anderson, and it wasn't Long's idea in the least.

This is a new one from you, though, claiming that Anderson deserved a two-year pass. You should go back over that recruiting recap I wrote and absorb all the recruiting mistakes that Anderson made, scholarships he wasted, good players he inadvertently ran off.

The program improved so slowly because of that. Football in 2013 was a train wreck. Basketball in 2011-12 was not. The only problems that were out of Anderson's control:

1) Marshawn Powell got hurt.
2) The APR was low enough (because of mistakes made in the Heath years) that Anderson couldn't make enough room for new guards (not that he would have recruited any - he wasted a lot of scholarships as it was).
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 09, 2017, 01:44:29 pm
They are better than what Pel had.SO.Alabama. then he gets the Arkansas job and is fired.facts speaks volumes.

You wouldn't know a fact if it went up your ass and sang Dixie.
[CENSORED]!

forrest city joe

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 09, 2017, 01:43:26 pm
People that say keep him because of an upcoming highly rated class needs to remember the class when Mike was hired was "salvaged" and still signed with the Hogs. Nothing to say that couldn't happen again with a new coach.
Let me try once again. most if not all of the 2018 class is gone if Mike is fired. that is the feeling i get. but hey if you want to live in your dream world,go for it.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on February 09, 2017, 11:23:25 am
I remember Murry. He inherited that HC job from his dad, Gene Bartow, when he retired. Murry was a great recruiter but a poor coach. Mike benefitted from Murry's great recruiting. Gene Bartow was very successful in his years at Memphis State but the game had passed him by and he knew it.

No the game had not passed him by. He simply wanted to slow down. I live in Memphis where he is considered an icon and he said as such. He DID want turn it over to his son but who wouldn't in that situation. He thought it was the right time.

Inhogswetrust

February 09, 2017, 01:50:34 pm #181 Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 02:02:57 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: forrest city joe on February 09, 2017, 01:44:29 pm

Yes that scenario happened but that doesn't make UAB and Mizzou "big time" when compared to others.

GuvHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 09, 2017, 01:42:26 pm
100% disagree.sorry Guv,but Long did the right thing when he fired Pel.and i was so happy when he did it.props to him.

The facts say otherwise.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 09, 2017, 01:45:13 pm
Joe, our memories of the basketball program were not wiped solely because you want history to have been different. Pelphrey was fired solely to make room for Mike Anderson, and it wasn't Long's idea in the least.

This is a new one from you, though, claiming that Anderson deserved a two-year pass. You should go back over that recruiting recap I wrote and absorb all the recruiting mistakes that Anderson made, scholarships he wasted, good players he inadvertently ran off.

The program improved so slowly because of that. Football in 2013 was a train wreck. Basketball in 2011-12 was not. The only problems that were out of Anderson's control:

1) Marshawn Powell got hurt.
2) The APR was low enough (because of mistakes made in the Heath years) that Anderson couldn't make enough room for new guards (not that he would have recruited any - he wasted a lot of scholarships as it was).
Excuse me if i believe Jeff Long instead of you. he made the decision.he said Pel left a dumpster fire here. and says that's what Mike took over.those are the facts of what our A.D. said.and i believe him. you can have your opinion. but Jeff Long has the facts. he knows why he fired Pel,not you.

forrest city joe

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 09, 2017, 01:46:37 pm
Let me try once again. most if not all of the 2018 class is gone if Mike is fired. that is the feeling i get. but hey if you want to live in your dream world,go for it.

Keep trying BUT you have NO way of knowing what might happen just like a lot of people were afraid Pel's class would bolt but they didn't. The best thing Mike has done while here is keep that class and then ruin it. The ONLY other thing he's done is sign Portis. In his tenure that's not good enough recruiting wise. He's done nothing else in that hugely important category of responsibilities. It is also too soon to say that the upcoming so called great class will sign even if he does stay. A LOT of things can happen before their signing day.

Kevin

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 09, 2017, 01:08:48 pm

I sure hope you are smart enough not to believe most things an ad or coaches say to the public.

Bottom line is this
Heath should not have been hired, he should have been fired
Pel should not have been hired, he should have been fired
Anderson should not have been hired, he should be fired.

The pattern is we have not hired the right coach after Nolan.

Hired the right coach this program will take off
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Sivad

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 09, 2017, 01:31:19 pm
Mike took over a Dumpster fire. that is the truth.
If what Pel left Mike was a dumpster fire then what Mike is leaving is a post bomb Hiroshima.

GuvHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 09, 2017, 01:51:57 pm
Excuse me if i believe Jeff Long instead of you. he made the decision.he said Pel left a dumpster fire here. and says that's what Mike took over.those are the facts of what our A.D. said.and i believe him. you can have your opinion. but Jeff Long has the facts. he knows why he fired Pel,not you.

As I have proven (even though you won't accept the facts), Jeff Long was wrong. The program was far from being a dumpster fire when Pel was terminated. The facts don't lie.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Kevin on February 09, 2017, 01:54:36 pm
I sure hope you are smart enough not to believe most things an ad or coaches say to the public.

Bottom line is this
Heath should not have been hired, he should have been fired
Pel should not have been hired, he should have been fired
Anderson should not have been hired, he should be fired.

The pattern is we have not hired the right coach after Nolan.

Hired the right coach this program will take off
But But Pel was doing a good job says Guv and some others.and Mike was a good hire by Long.2 more years and you will be very happy.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Sivad on February 09, 2017, 01:57:37 pm
If what Pel left Mike was a dumpster fire then what Mike is leaving is a post bomb Hiroshima.
Not true.

Kevin

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 09, 2017, 01:58:05 pm
But But Pel was doing a good job says Guv and some others.and Mike was a good hire by Long.2 more years and you will be very happy.

I have heard you say two more years for the last two years.

To me, not that it matters but his time is up.  Not watching another game this year.  Ready to be at Baum next Friday
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

forrest city joe

Quote from: GuvHog on February 09, 2017, 01:57:56 pm
As I have proven (even though you won't accept the facts), Jeff Long was wrong. The program was far from being a dumpster fire when Pel was terminated. The facts don't lie.
Sorry Guv but you are wrong. i am with Jeff Long.what he said about Pel was right on.he fired him for the mess he made.facts don't lie Guv.sorry.

RazorPiggie

Serious question Joe.

Say CMA is fired at the end of this year and we hire a coach that has had decent success (lets just say a Sweet 16 appearance).

Would you want new coach fired if he took us to only 1 NCAA tourney in 5 or possibly 6 years?

SPAL

Can anybody send me a link to where Jeff long called the program a dumpster fire? I'm not finding anything. Thanks.

Kevin

Pel had the apr problem left by Heath under control. Pel'ss problem was locker room & on the floor

forrest city joe

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 09, 2017, 02:02:02 pm
Serious question Joe.

Say CMA is fired at the end of this year and we hire a coach that has had decent success (lets just say a Sweet 16 appearance).

Would you want new coach fired if he took us to only 1 NCAA tourney in 5 or possibly 6 years?

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 09, 2017, 02:03:01 pm
Can anybody send me a link to where Jeff long called the program a dumpster fire? I'm not finding anything. Thanks.
Contact BO and ask him to pull up the interview from just last year.im sure he would do it. he also said that is why he does not even count Mike's first 2 years.deal with the facts. if you want to find it,you can.don't act like you can't.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 09, 2017, 02:03:01 pm

No, didn't happen. Joe made it up. Probably recalling a fever dream.
[CENSORED]!

Biggus Piggus

Just called my mother-in-law Margaret in Bentonville and told her to fire Mike Anderson. She is going to apply serious pressure to Jeff Long. Margaret can be very persuasive.
[CENSORED]!

forrest city joe

Quote from: Kevin on February 09, 2017, 02:03:16 pm
Pel had the apr problem left by Heath under control. Pel'ss problem was locker room & on the floor
Pel's problem  was everything.he was in over his head,and left a dumpster fire here.that's why Long said he fired him.