Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just called DTS and told them no to firing Mike Anderson

Started by forrest city joe, February 08, 2017, 06:35:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

The show does not sound good for Mike from any of the three.even Rick has a tone of sadness in his voice.so you fire Anderson guys may get your wish.but it will not change how i feel about it.it will be a big mistake that will sit this program back even more years.Long needs to keep Mike Anderson.if he fires him it's the wrong move.STAND STRONG JEFF.

revolution

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 08, 2017, 06:35:38 pm
The show does not sound good for Mike from any of the three.even Rick has a tone of sadness in his voice.so you fire Anderson guys may get your wish.but it will not change how i feel about it.it will be a big mistake that will sit this program back even more years.Long needs to keep Mike Anderson.if he fires him it's the wrong move.STAND STRONG JEFF.

Personally I'm glad to hear it's sounding bleak. 

Joe, did you hear Bill Ingram's interview today on Bo's show?  If so, what do you think he was saying?

3of5-2

Just a simple question for you FCJ, how many more years of this type of season or worse, should MA get before he is fired?

elvis26

;D I agree forrestcity joe!!!!! we need to keep mike Anderson. he is still a good coach. he will turn it around soon!!!!!!

forrest city joe

Quote from: revolution on February 08, 2017, 06:37:30 pm
Personally I'm glad to hear it's sounding bleak. 

Joe, did you hear Bill Ingram's interview today on Bo's show?  If so, what do you think he was saying?
Ask Bill if he wants Mike Fired.and ask him if all those hawks players are still coming if Mike is fired.i have taled to Bill many times. he loves Mike Anderson as our coach.and no i did not hear him today.

forrest city joe

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 08, 2017, 06:39:28 pm
Just a simple question for you FCJ, how many more years of this type of season or worse, should MA get before he is fired?
2 more years.i have said that many times on here.

3of5-2

SultanofSwine

You keep saying it will be a set back to fire him but how much of a setback is one ncaa in 6 years? We have gained no ground in the 6 years he has been here over the Pel Heath years. Grades may be better but that is it. And don't dare bring up higher quality kids as long as Beard and Thomas are still suiting up. It is way past time to punt.

revolution

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 08, 2017, 06:42:14 pm
Ask Bill if he wants Mike Fired.and ask him if all those hawks players are still coming if Mike is fired.i have taled to Bill many times. he loves Mike Anderson as our coach.and no i did not hear him today.

You really should find that interview.  It might change your mind about Bill Ingram's view.  I have no doubt that Ingram respects Mike.  Why wouldn't he?  Mike Anderson is a man worthy of respect.  But respecting someone doesn't mean that you have to employ them to do a job that they have demonstrated they cannot do.

It's actually better for Mike Anderson to be let go if he is going to continue to fail.  Mike Anderson either needs to learn something from this experience and change for the better or move back down to lower D1 where his methods have some chance of success.  Although I think he's found his niche - mediocrity - and I doubt he could duplicate his earlier success at UAB.  There's more coaching talent at the lower levels of D1 than there was when MA was making hay.  And honestly, it seems MA has lost his fire.  Maybe he's taking it a little more relaxed now.  He's comfortable, not hungry.

WilsonHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 08, 2017, 06:42:14 pm

Would have been worth your time. He said on Mattingly's show today that there was no reason why the Razorbacks should be a Top 25 program every year, that it looked like our players didn't know their roles, and he wondered if Mike had "lost" the team.

Sivad

If he is let go OR leaves on his own, do you think there is any other school in the country that will pay Mike Anderson $2 Million+ per year to coach?

code red

We are as low as we can possibly be. 
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

code red

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on February 08, 2017, 06:45:56 pm
Set the program back from what? Making the NIT? 6 years at Arkansas, and 1 ncaa tournament appearance. Sorry joe, even pelphrey and and heath were better than that.
Totally agree hard to imagine it being any worse.  6-5 in conference.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

Ironhawg

Why are you so adamant that Mike Anderson remain as coach?

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 08, 2017, 06:49:41 pm
Would have been worth your time. He said on Mattingly's show today that there was no reason why the Razorbacks should be a Top 25 program every year, that it looked like our players didn't know their roles, and he wondered if Mike had "lost" the team.

Bill sounded like he knew the end may be near. He made a great point when he stated that the most troubling thing to him was that the expectation now is thinking a 4th place finish in league play is a great year. Then he compared our program to Butler's. Why have we settled for mediocrity?
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

AstroHawg

Joe, I wish somebody would slip you a bottle of Thunderbird so you could call up their and rant about this crap like you did on Dale's football squad. 

Ramboar

Doesn't matter if the fabled 2018 Hawks team come here. If MA is here our program will still suck and we will still lose. Talent only gets you so far. Every ass clown that believes in Mike ought to figure this out.
I'll be yo Huckleberry

Lanny

Joe, it's time for a change
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Ramboar

I'll be yo Huckleberry

forrest city joe

Quote from: code red on February 08, 2017, 06:51:17 pm
We are as low as we can possibly be. 
No we are are not.remember Pel 2 and 15 sec season? so you are wrong.

Wild Bill Hog

I recall in the past Joe screaming for some coach to be fired and a poster pointing out that to do so might cost us some certain recruit or recruits.  Joe would then screech about how some high school kid couldn't be allowed to hold the program hostage.  Now that he wants an under performing coach retained, he yells how we need to keep the coach because a recruit or recruits might go someplace else.  I think it's quite hilarious listening to him.

ricepig

SONofHAM

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 08, 2017, 06:49:41 pm
He also said something like, "we want our players to stay home."  He gave no impression whatsoever that these recruits are committed only to Mike.
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

forrest city joe

You goes should be happy tonight. i got the feeling while on DTS sports tonight that you may get your wish. but i still 100% disagree with firing Anderson.this is not the time to even think about it in my opinion. i so hope the feeling i got on DTS today is wrong.did not sound good for Mike.

swineology

Glad I don't listen to Rainbow Rick farting rainbows

Wild Bill Hog

porkinsons disease

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on February 08, 2017, 07:28:40 pm
I recall in the past Joe screaming for some coach to be fired and a poster pointing out that to do so might cost us some certain recruit or recruits.  Joe would then screech about how some high school kid couldn't be allowed to hold the program hostage.  Now that he wants an under performing coach retained, he yells how we need to keep the coach because a recruit or recruits might go someplace else.  I think it's quite hilarious listening to him.
Something like this?

This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

Hollywood_HOGan45

I like mike too but he's just not getting it done.
It won't set the program back no further than it already has been set back. It's a shame he wasn't successful here but this obviously isn't working.
A change should be made. Our team is getting worse.

LZH

Seriously Joe, why does Anderson get six years with little results but you are so adamant about running BB off after just four? I really don't understand. I would think you would be just as pissed about the lack of any progress in the basketball program just like you are about the stagnation in the football program.

Ironhawg

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 08, 2017, 07:31:48 pm
You goes should be happy tonight. i got the feeling while on DTS sports tonight that you may get your wish. but i still 100% disagree with firing Anderson.this is not the time to even think about it in my opinion. i so hope the feeling i got on DTS today is wrong.did not sound good for Mike.

I think we all get that you are 100% in favor of retaining Mike Anderson.  I personally do not understand why you are so dead set against changing coaches?

hogsanity

Quote from: elvis26 on February 08, 2017, 06:39:48 pm
;D I agree forrestcity joe!!!!! we need to keep mike Anderson. he is still a good coach. he will turn it around soon!!!!!!

oh look ANOTHER FREAKING 10 YEAR OLD ACCOUNT that the poster just decided to start posting, and guess what, he backs Mike Anderson. How many of these are going to show up? It is just a joke at this point.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

forrest city joe

Quote from: Ironhawg on February 08, 2017, 07:43:48 pm
I think we all get that you are 100% in favor of retaining Mike Anderson.  I personally do not understand why you are so dead set against changing coaches?
Because i believe in Mike Anderson. i think in the long run he will get the job done here. and i do not believe it's time to fire him.i would not do iot if i were Jeff Long. but listening to Rick,Randy and Ray today.it does not sound good for Mike.so hope the feeling i got is wrong.

Boardon Hamsay

I'd like to exchange my boss with FCJ for 6 months or so. Anything beyond that would get a little too risky for long term business but I wouldn't mind FCJ's low expectations for 6 months. Would be like an extended paid vacation. I bet I could spend at least one week drooling into a cup while making occasional dolphin squeaks and not ever get a coaching. Twould be awesome!
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

WilsonHog

On the day he was hired, no fan believed in Mike more than I did.

It's been a long six years.

If you would have told me that we would be where we are in year six, I would have called you a liar and offered to fight you.

I was wrong.

latrops

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 08, 2017, 07:54:51 pm
Because i believe in Mike Anderson. i think in the long run he will get the job done here. and i do not believe it's time to fire him.i would not do iot if i were Jeff Long. but listening to Rick,Randy and Ray today.it does not sound good for Mike.so hope the feeling i got is wrong.

Why do you believe he will get the job done here, when he hasn't through six years?  And why have you not supported past and present football/basketball coaches in the same way?  What is it about Anderson that warrants continued faith in his ability in spite of his underwhelming results here?

RazorPiggie

The state has some strong classes coming up. Get a good coach and he more than likely keeps those and it doesn't "set the program back for years."

swineology

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 08, 2017, 08:01:06 pm
On the day he was hired, no fan believed in Mike more than I did.

It's been a long six years.

If you would have told me that we would be where we are in year six, I would have called you a liar and offered to fight you.

I was wrong.

I too got caught up in the we're gonna pick them up with they get off the bus speech. But i was wrong. No one wanted Mike to do wonders at Arkansas more than I.

With a heavy heart, it's time for Mike to go!

Ironhawg

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 08, 2017, 08:05:38 pm
The state has some strong classes coming up. Get a good coach and he more than likely keeps those and it doesn't "set the program back for years."

I wanted Mike here.  Heck I even went to BWA when he was introduced.  Unfortunately the results just have not risen to the level I had hoped.  I was not expecting Nolan-level success, but I did expect to be in the top 25 year in and year out and to a fixture in the tournament.  We are coming to the end of year six and we have not gotten close to my expectations.  This makes me seriously doubt what Mike might be able to accomplish with the good recruits coming up and wonder what someone younger, more talented and hungrier might be able to do with them.

forrest city joe

Boardon Hamsay

Your emotional and possibly nostalgic attachment to MA the person/loyal assistant to Nolan blinds you to his lack of results in 6 years as coach here. Let's say you are MA's boss and making the NCAA tournament each year is how you become profitable each year. That would equate to Mike having 1 profitable year out of 5 full years in your organization. How many more unprofitable years before you need to file bankruptcy, Joe? Sometimes you have to cut the cord cause your other option is going out of business.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

forrest city joe

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 08, 2017, 08:05:38 pm
Keep fooling yourself about this.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

WilsonHog

Quote from: Ironhawg on February 08, 2017, 08:10:41 pm
I wanted Mike here.  Heck I even went to BWA when he was introduced.  Unfortunately the results just have not risen to the level I had hoped.  I was not expecting Nolan-level success, but I did expect to be in the top 25 year in and year out and to a fixture in the tournament.  We are coming to the end of year six and we have not gotten close to my expectations.  This makes me seriously doubt what Mike might be able to accomplish with the good recruits coming up and wonder what someone younger, more talented and hungrier might be able to do with them.

That's where I was. I figured no post-season in year one, NIT in two, and NCAA from year three forward.

Mike is not Nolan, and college basketball now is not the same game it was in the 80s and 90s. Rules against hand-checking, television time-outs every few minutes, and more athletic players all around have marginalized that style of play - more so the watered-down version Mike is attempting.

I believe this to be true: Mike is still employed here because of his connections to the past, not because of the present.

realistichog

Is FCJ kin to MA? That is the ONLY excuse I can think of for all his blind support.

Wild Bill Hog

Joe, he's already had a long run to get the job done.  6 years is 3 terms for a U.S. Representative and 1 1/2 terms for a U.S. President.  It's time for a change.

daprospecta

Quote from: 3of5-2 on February 08, 2017, 06:39:28 pm
Let me start off by saying if we don't make the tourney this year, Long has every right to fire him. With that being said, the players we have coming in, IMO, will give him the firepower he needs to run his system successfully. I love the fact DH came here. He's from my hometown and I love homegrown Razorbacks but he doesn't fit the system. He was the best option and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.  We have pieces right now but the puzzle becomes a bit more complete next year. I don't think it will be complete next year but we would be damn close. If he was let go, I understand but I could see why Long would wait another year.

Hoggish1

Joe, the answer is hire Noland back and let Mike be his top assistant.

jdlew

You make all this noise about MA getting it done...but your basketball knowledge seem to be so shallow...post where you think MA coaching strengths are...tell me where his team are fundamental sound ....I'm sure MA knows more about basketball than I do...but the coaches on this level know how to pick his coaching apart...I understand the nuts and bolts of basketball...so FCJ post something on here that tell us that you know anything at all about basketball..