Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

April 26, 2024, 07:01:46 am

See ya

Started by cityhog, February 04, 2017, 07:11:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cityhog

...NCAAT (giving us 1 in 6 yrs)
---CMA. It's been real. It hasn't been fun.

jimmur74

Hes gotta go

Quote from: cityhog on February 04, 2017, 07:11:25 pm

revolution

Wouldn't want to be ya, Coach Anderson!

Sivad

But this nostalgia trip sure has been awfully expen$ive.

JayBell

I'm not ready to see him go.  The clear cut measure for success this season is still making the NCAA Tournament, but it's going to take a miracle run down the stretch for that to happen.

When, not if, Arkansas fails to make the tournament yet again, I will be more than ready to see him go.  It's the same old story under Anderson every single year.

The_Iceman

cmrhawg

Saddens me deeply. But he needs to be gone. Sooner rather than later.

Soooie21

Team not ready to play again.....

Pig in the Pokey

you people are idiots. Right when we get the players lined up we can win with you wanna string him up. Idiots!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

RealHog

That's it for me. Jeff Long needs to start the search immediately. Bye Mike, best of Luck, but it's time.

realistichog

With a 30 pt loss to a mediocre Osu and a loss to the worse team in the worst p5 conference and you still think they have a prayer of getting to tourny? Never happen. FIRE MIKE

cmrhawg

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 04, 2017, 07:34:50 pm
you people are idiots. Right when we get the players lined up we can win with you wanna string him up. Idiots!

Maybe you're the idiot for allowing someone to make millions off of razorback fans and the university, and giving him a pass because after 5 years he decides to start working.

Hire someone else. I bet we don't lose any recruits. Mike shouldn't have taken this job for granted like he did.

realistichog

I'd be for sending him back to Missouri but they wouldn't take him

XavierZane

We've been in the same rut for nearly 20 years now.  Coaches have changed.  Players have changed.  Administration has changed. Even refs have retired.  The only constant is the fans, who again and again call for a coaches head at exactly the wrong time.  Heath was axed after making the tourney twice, Pel was axed after finally getting a team together and with a great class incoming, and now these same fans demand that the admins repeat the exact mistakes that keep crippling the program.

Mike shouldn't be fired anytime soon.  Just like in football, we need consistency and continuity.  A real rebuild takes real time.

Kevin

Same thing that was said about pel. Until the collapse
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Dmacattack

Quote from: XavierZane on February 04, 2017, 07:42:18 pm
We've been in the same rut for nearly 20 years now.  Coaches have changed.  Players have changed.  Administration has changed. Even refs have retired.  The only constant is the fans, who again and again call for a coaches head at exactly the wrong time.  Heath was axed after making the tourney twice, Pel was axed after finally getting a team together and with a great class incoming, and now these same fans demand that the admins repeat the exact mistakes that keep crippling the program.

Mike shouldn't be fired anytime soon.  Just like in football, we need consistency and continuity.  A real rebuild takes real time.

Surely you are joking. 6 years to turn over 10-12'scholarships? How does a rebuild take so long in basketball ?

Cinco de Hogo

CMA ain't going anywhere and ya'll know it. 

And you know why.

LAHOG1962

That is the million dollar question to me. Do you keep Coach Anderson to save the recruiting classes that are lined up ? Tough question, but I don't know how much more of these games I can stand.

wupigsuey

We were told we had the players this year. We were told we had the players last year. Now we'll have the players next year. SSDD
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

wupigsuey

Quote from: realistichog on February 04, 2017, 07:41:51 pm

They might
A Hogville member since July 24, 2004<br /><br />The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes, <br />the response time of a .357 is 1400 feet per second.

rude1

Quote from: LAHOG1962 on February 04, 2017, 07:47:35 pm
That is the million dollar question to me. Do you keep Coach Anderson to save the recruiting classes that are lined up ? Tough question, but I don't know how much more of these games I can stand.
No you don't keep a coach because of his recruiting class, you have to judge him on what he has. If he can't take what he has and beat this bad Mo. team, what makes anyone think an influx of talent will change something? On a personal note, I have NO desire to watch Daniel Gafford 30' from the basket switching ball screens, I have had enough of this madness.

OperationRestoreHawgBall

Let's see how the season plays out..but yeah, if he doesn't make the tourny, he's got to go. This was a horrible loss no doubt, but it's still mathematically possible for us to make the tourny I believe.

OperationRestoreHawgBall

Gotta stop using this argument when we are talking about Arkansas kids. Portis wouldve come to hogs whether micky mouse were our coach. He who shall not be named is a rare exception to the rule

Quote from: LAHOG1962 on February 04, 2017, 07:47:35 pm

lynbug

Quote from: Sivad on February 04, 2017, 07:15:05 pm
But this nostalgia trip sure has been awfully expen$ive.
Sad but true.  The U of A has become someplace where average coaches come to become filthy rich.  Vicious cycle that will be hard to stop.

XavierZane

Quote from: Dmacattack on February 04, 2017, 07:46:32 pm
Surely you are joking. 6 years to turn over 10-12'scholarships? How does a rebuild take so long in basketball ?

Years and years.  It goes in stages and includes set-backs, it doesn't reset every season.  We had a great team and made it to the Tourney not so long ago.  I watched some of the most exciting basketball I ever have with that team.  Qualls' dunk to beat Kentucky?  Are you kidding me?  One of my favorite moments ever.

Last year was a set back, one we're still recovering from.  We lost stars that we could have kept, and missed on recruits that would have transformed the team.  But this team has also got off to an even better start than two years ago, to the best start in 20 years.  There's no predicting how the rest of the season will go, but there's no denying the strong season so far.  Next year and the year after look to add even more strength and depth (and experience) to the team.

The worst thing that can be done to the program is impatiently force everybody to start over.  Again.

3kgthog

Quote from: XavierZane on February 04, 2017, 08:13:26 pm
Years and years.  It goes in stages and includes set-backs, it doesn't reset every season.  We had a great team and made it to the Tourney not so long ago.  I watched some of the most exciting basketball I ever have with that team.  Qualls' dunk to beat Kentucky?  Are you kidding me?  One of my favorite moments ever.

Last year was a set back, one we're still recovering from.  We lost stars that we could have kept, and missed on recruits that would have transformed the team.  But this team has also got off to an even better start than two years ago, to the best start in 20 years.  There's no predicting how the rest of the season will go, but there's no denying the strong season so far.  Next year and the year after look to add even more strength and depth (and experience) to the team.

The worst thing that can be done to the program is impatiently force everybody to start over.  Again.

There's plenty of denying a "strong" season so far. We haven't beaten one team that will be in the NCAA Tournament. We have multiple double digit losses. We likely have two more 20+ point beat downs coming at SC at UF.

No other P5 school in America would keep a coach with these results. Not one. Hell, we didn't keep two coaches that performed just as well if not better. Why is Mike so damn special?

The real Hogules

I've been as big a Mike Anderson fan as there is, but if he's not willing to make staff changes THIS YEAR, I hope they send him packing!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Get him out of here asap.
I'd rather fire him now and have Watkins be the interim for the rest of the season.

It just hasn't worked out here.

JayBell

Quote from: XavierZane on February 04, 2017, 08:13:26 pmThe worst thing that can be done to the program is impatiently force everybody to start over.  Again.

I'm not limber enough to follow you through the logical gymnastics you have to pull off to reach the conclusion that wanting to fire a coach after six seasons is an "impatient" action.

hobhog

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on February 04, 2017, 09:34:51 pm
Get him out of here asap.
I'd rather fire him now and have Watkins be the interim for the rest of the season.

It just hasn't worked out here.

Expensive but worth it....

BannerMountainMan

"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

FineAsSwine

Go kick boulders until you hear bones crack!

SPAL

I'm glad I don't froth off at the keyboard and make myself look foolish because I allow my emotion to dictate my judgment.

Some of you should impose a self ban for the rest of the season.

ShadowHawg

So much stupid in this thread.

Too many games in a basketball season to get torqued up over what amounts to less than 10% of entire season. A lot of ups and downs as well.

Not to mention, many bracketology gurus never had us outside the field even after those losses.

Dirty

A blast from the past!  Crow served best cold!

FineAsSwine

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 11, 2017, 10:17:51 am
I'm glad I don't froth off at the keyboard and make myself look foolish because I allow my emotion to dictate my judgment.

Bump

rtr

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 11, 2017, 10:17:51 am

You don't give yourself enough credit.  You froth with the best.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Timfromlittlerockhog

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 11, 2017, 09:37:45 am
Hehe

Thank you for calling them out. And I see one poster who posted something I was banned for. Guess I just haven't been around long enough to get away with using the L word. Ridiculous.

JayBell

"HAHAHAHA!  The team we BOTH support is now winning!  Suck it!  You're so stoopid!  I could just enjoy the team winning, but I feel the need to bring up month-old threads to show how much better of a fan I am than you!  Again, I know we both love the same team, but you can totally suck it, because I am better than you."

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: JayBell on March 11, 2017, 11:01:56 am
"HAHAHAHA!  The team we BOTH support is now winning!  Suck it!  You're so stoopid!  I could just enjoy the team winning, but I feel the need to bring up month-old threads to show how much better of a fan I am than you!  Again, I know we both love the same team, but you can totally suck it, because I am better than you."

People that throw emotional tantrums like 2 year olds in public like this should be called out for it regardless of which team they root for.

*especially when their tantrums can be destructive
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: realistichog on February 04, 2017, 07:41:51 pm
How STUPID does this post look now, and even at the time it was posted ? Mizzou  has fired Frank Haith and has gotten rid of Kim Anderson since Mike left.  I'd have to surely believe that the MA days look really good to Mizzou right now. And Haith ? He won a few games at Mizzou, until MA's recruits ran out of elgibility. I'm fine with staying pat. Old coaches, who made their names elsewhere are looking to get a couple of paychecks before they retire and one need look no further than Mississippi State to prove my point.  We have a coach who loves this school and loves this state and has been successful. Right now, that's about as good a it gets for Razorback basketball.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

rude1

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on March 11, 2017, 11:04:47 am
People that throw emotional tantrums like 2 year olds in public like this should be called out for it regardless of which team they root for.

*especially when their tantrums can be destructive
At what point though do you become just as obnoxious as the ones you are calling out? The ones who had the agenda have disappeared anyway so I am not sure who is getting called out?

Timfromlittlerockhog

Its a message board. It keeps things interesting. If the lights hadn't come on for our jc guys we might be having a different conversation now. When kids are hitting their shots a coach looks brilliant and when they aren't he looks bad. It would have been a crime to run off a really good coach over what amounted to ONE bad season in six years. Guys the SEC had a major problem with its officiating. I've heard the commish say more than once that he hired Mike Tranghese to fix our problems and that one of those problems was officiating.

You guys who want to fire Mike because he only made the tournament one time in six years are crazy. If the officiating in the SEC had been up to bar we would had one if not two other bids during Mikes tenure.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/auburnauthority/2016/03/15/mike-tranghese-hired-consultant-sec-save-hoops/81836100/

For the record I realize that this story focuses more on scheduling. And I realize that was also a problem we had as a conference. Point being not everything was Mikes fault. And he's a very good basketball coach. He's always switched defenses. People saying that he somehow discovered the zone defense recently are just plain dumb.

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: rude1 on March 11, 2017, 11:10:58 am
At what point though do you become just as obnoxious as the ones you are calling out? The ones who had the agenda have disappeared anyway so I am not sure who is getting called out?

A point hundreds of miles down the road.  Not even close.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

KlubhouseKonnected

I was with you
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: JayBell on March 11, 2017, 11:01:56 am

You mad?
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Bigmac2

My first born is on the way to the "I told you so Gods" for immediate sacrifice because that is the only way it will appease the "I told you so Gods" on this board and there are many. Your humble servants await your most gracious dedication of your splendor.

SPAL

Quote from: rtr on March 11, 2017, 10:52:30 am
You don't give yourself enough credit.  You froth with the best.

How cute. Another baseless accusation. It's adorable. You're welcome to check my post history

Hogs958

Hogs958

I'm happy when we win and upset when we lose. That's my hot sports opinions.