Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why Jerry is a BO$$!

Started by ipigsooie, November 17, 2017, 10:35:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Theolesnort

First they have the head injuries eroding the pro game. Then you have him making the decision not to enforce policy concerning the anthem increasing the erosion. For a man that was making north of 40 million a year and wanting more how in blank does he still have any support from the owners? Beats me. Seems to me Jones should be the one holding the cards.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

247Hog

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on November 17, 2017, 12:31:29 pm
I love Jones as a former hog. I hate him because i hate the cowboys. But I'll rejoice dance in the streets if Jerry takes down Goodell.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 17, 2017, 10:48:48 am
He overplayed his hand and it may end up costing him. I'll pass on old, long past their prime, folks making decisions.
yeah buddy, wisdom born of a life of making sound decisions and a willingness to push "all in" when he knows he's right has not served Jerry Jones very well...I'd rather listen to some green-horn, still wet behind the ears, Harvard grad, who says he has all the answers. Why does the USA owe so much money to China ? Could it be that they have the wisdom to listen and learn from their elders ?  Nah, that couldn't be it. Experience is for the birds. 
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

247Hog

Quote from: Theolesnort on November 17, 2017, 12:35:19 pm
First they have the head injuries eroding the pro game. Then you have him making the decision not to enforce policy concerning the anthem increasing the erosion. For a man that was making north of 40 million a year and wanting more how in blank does he still have any support from the owners? Beats me. Seems to me Jones should be the one holding the cards.

Agreed. IMO it'd be like CBB telling his next boss "i went 4-8 in last season so im going to need a million dollars more on the contract and a brand new caddy for me and the wife the rest of my life."

I don't like the Cowboys but i don't understand why owners would want to pay that tool 10 mil more and a plane.
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

BOAR_N2BWILD

Quote from: elviscat on November 17, 2017, 11:00:21 am
He is the one who help the UA get rid of JL, he is alleged too have put up the money. He needs to be the chairman of the selection committee to hire AD and Coach, along with other former Razorbacks.
I would agree except he can't even get a decent coach at Dallas.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

SooieGeneris

Jimmy Johnson says: "hey!" Jerruh has been known to cut off his nose to spite his face, which was famously lifted years back.

Not that Johnson was without fault, but had Jones' monstrous ego and Trumpian need to get ALL the credit for every positive thing that happened not intervened, how many more SBs could the Cowboys have won in the 90s?

They stumbled into one more after Jimmy left with the bumbling Switzer, but that team had the horses to win 2-3 more with Johnson as HC.

I'm not a Cowboy fan BTW, never have been, it's the Raiders for me since I was little.

There is a power/ego struggle going on in the NFL between Jones and Goodell kind of like the one between Jones and Johnson back then.

Goodell wants to be an Emperor with his word on everything being the last and Jones wants to be the REAL Commish with Goodell acting as his puppet.

They are BOTH wrong. Goodell has taken pains to ensure that no one else in the NFL office is in any position to replace him and is overplaying his hand asking for a big raise, a private jet for life and insurance for his family for life..

Jones is trying to bully other owners into pulling the rug from under Goodell, when he voted in favor of Goodell's contract extension earlier along with the other 31 owners.

They authorized the compensation committee of 6 including Arthur Blank to do the contract.

Then the Elliott suspension came down in Aug. There may be other sticking points and that was the last straw, but things didn't get nasty until after that.

The league is threatening to make Jones sell under one scenario, with Jones threatening to sue the league.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit for Goodell to go as he bungled the Tom Brady deflated ball boondoggle and the Elliott situation. It looks terrible for the League for being accused of deflating footballs to draw a more severe punishment than domestic violence that is proven, which Elliott's is apparently not.

I for one, appreciate all the $$$ that Jones has donated to the UA program and all he has done, but if we give this egomaniac too much say in our program, we will regret it!

Look at what he has done to his beloved Cowboys! One playoff win since 1996! Do we really want to let him play Godfather and choose our next AD and coach? Like he chose Dave Campo, Wade Phillips and all the failed Dallas head coaches of the last 20 years..

No, thanks I say. Let him write the check and think he has input, or give him SOME input, but he does not need to make this decision!
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

1highhog

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 17, 2017, 10:35:29 am
Taken from the article on ESPN today.

"I'm gonna come after you with everything I have," Jones said. Then he mentioned Deflategate. "If you think Bob Kraft came after you hard, Bob Kraft is a p---y compared to what I'm going to do."

Now this is the man that needs to be making some decisions on the hill!

Not for making hires on who is going to be coaching the Razorbacks though.  Consider his hires that he's made for the cowboys for example, he's had one good one out of 4, nuff said.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on November 17, 2017, 12:38:52 pm
yeah buddy, wisdom born of a life of making sound decisions and a willingness to push "all in" when he knows he's right has not served Jerry Jones very well...I'd rather listen to some green-horn, still wet behind the ears, Harvard grad, who says he has all the answers. Why does the USA owe so much money to China ? Could it be that they have the wisdom to listen and learn from their elders ?  Nah, that couldn't be it. Experience is for the birds.

So is senility.

davehog

Quote from: ipigsooie on November 17, 2017, 10:35:29 am
Taken from the article on ESPN today.

"I'm gonna come after you with everything I have," Jones said. Then he mentioned Deflategate. "If you think Bob Kraft came after you hard, Bob Kraft is a p---y compared to what I'm going to do."

Now this is the man that needs to be making some decisions on the hill!

He IS involved in the current decisions on the Hill. 

longpig

There would have to be an "anthem policy" for him to enforce.  The word anthem isn't even in the NFL guidelines.
Don't be scared, be smart.

longpig

Quote from: woo.pig on November 17, 2017, 11:11:19 am
Jerry Jones is the most powerful man in Professional Sports. Not just football but all professional sports.
He'd have to be a major stakeholder in the other football and Formula1 to be all that.  Is he?

Don't be scared, be smart.

code red

He overplayed his hand and it may end up costing him. I'll pass on old, long past their prime, folks making decisions.
I am of this opinion as well.  Emotional Folks usually do stupid stuff.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

cityhog

I'll pass on old, long past their prime, folks making decisions.

Well get ready, because that's who is choosing your new AD and football coach.

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: SooieGeneris on November 17, 2017, 01:39:30 pm
Jimmy Johnson says: "hey!" Jerruh has been known to cut off his nose to spite his face, which was famously lifted years back.

Not that Johnson was without fault, but had Jones' monstrous ego and Trumpian need to get ALL the credit for every positive thing that happened not intervened, how many more SBs could the Cowboys have won in the 90s?

They stumbled into one more after Jimmy left with the bumbling Switzer, but that team had the horses to win 2-3 more with Johnson as HC.

I'm not a Cowboy fan BTW, never have been, it's the Raiders for me since I was little.

There is a power/ego struggle going on in the NFL between Jones and Goodell kind of like the one between Jones and Johnson back then.

Goodell wants to be an Emperor with his word on everything being the last and Jones wants to be the REAL Commish with Goodell acting as his puppet.

They are BOTH wrong. Goodell has taken pains to ensure that no one else in the NFL office is in any position to replace him and is overplaying his hand asking for a big raise, a private jet for life and insurance for his family for life..

Jones is trying to bully other owners into pulling the rug from under Goodell, when he voted in favor of Goodell's contract extension earlier along with the other 31 owners.

They authorized the compensation committee of 6 including Arthur Blank to do the contract.

Then the Elliott suspension came down in Aug. There may be other sticking points and that was the last straw, but things didn't get nasty until after that.

The league is threatening to make Jones sell under one scenario, with Jones threatening to sue the league.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit for Goodell to go as he bungled the Tom Brady deflated ball boondoggle and the Elliott situation. It looks terrible for the League for being accused of deflating footballs to draw a more severe punishment than domestic violence that is proven, which Elliott's is apparently not.

I for one, appreciate all the $$$ that Jones has donated to the UA program and all he has done, but if we give this egomaniac too much say in our program, we will regret it!

Look at what he has done to his beloved Cowboys! One playoff win since 1996! Do we really want to let him play Godfather and choose our next AD and coach? Like he chose Dave Campo, Wade Phillips and all the failed Dallas head coaches of the last 20 years..

No, thanks I say. Let him write the check and think he has input, or give him SOME input, but he does not need to make this decision!
Have you ever heard of a little something that the NFL adopted called free agency in 1992...at that time Jones had locked down most of his talent for 3 to 5 years...so then it became MUCH more difficult to win a Super Bowl...to sit there and say Jerry Jones 'blew it' is just flat out not a fact...Jerry made some good decisions and bad decisions without Jimmy, but I do not recall Jimmy Johnson ever winning a Super Bowl without Jerry, but I do remember Jerry winning a Super Bowl without Jimmy..this fact cannot be argued
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

Swestwill66

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on November 17, 2017, 11:05:25 am
No doubt that statement perfectly qualifies him to lead Arkansas into the future. It is the image of quality and professionalism.
A$$ kicker is exactly what Arkansas needs!!!

Hook 'em Hogs

Quote from: longpig on November 17, 2017, 02:17:31 pm
There would have to be an "anthem policy" for him to enforce.  The word anthem isn't even in the NFL guidelines.

I'm not calling you a liar, nor am I saying you're completely wrong, but there is something in the conduct policy that says players should stand for the anthem, but nothing that says they are required to.  It's in writing, but I don't think it's written as a policy, more like a strong suggestion.

Hogwarrior

Jerry has problems of his own!  This little story is going to grow wings!  Not a very good look!

https://nypost.com/2017/11/17/video-of-jerry-jones-making-racial-comment-surfaces/amp/

NinoHogUNIA

I've seen more people not watching because Kap doesn't have a job but that's just from my view. 

BIE