Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Level headed pessimism does exist

Started by maxre567, September 09, 2012, 08:28:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

maxre567

I couldnt get on here last night because of the server being down which was probably all for the best of this site anyway, but I'm gonna put a dent in some of these threads going on on here that we all knew would be started

1.  Nobody including myself is gonna lie and say they arent outraged by this weekend, me even more so with every single one of my sports teams including the hogs losing, and their loss by far being the worst of them all.

2.  But all that being said, sorry I am not going to go blaming all this down on JS and JL, but whether or not you agree with me, the truth is this team player wise just wasn't as national championship caliber as I had hoped they were.  Case in point, BP could not have saved Tyler from gettin knocked to the head, that one's on the offensive line 100%, and yes they are worse than what most people realize, knile davis couldnt get any room to run out there against that stinkin defense hence why PP lost faith in the running game.

3.  I had really hoped that our defense coming into this year had finally become the weakness made strong on this team, but unfortunately that has not happened as we saw out there, and yeah tevin mitchell going down hurt, but they struggled against jacksonville state last week, and they just dont know how to tackle and lack the physicality of the good teams in the SEC.

While Bobby might have helped us win the game last night, I still dont think this team was ready for a NC run yet

jgcat4

Until we field an SEC caliber defense we will NEVER be a NC team.
Coaching Search Season-It's the most wonderful time of the year...

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: jgcat4 on September 09, 2012, 08:32:42 pm
Enough said. +1
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

BartIV

Quote from: maxre567 on September 09, 2012, 08:28:31 pm
I couldnt get on here last night because of the server being down which was probably all for the best of this site anyway, but I'm gonna put a dent in some of these threads going on on here that we all knew would be started

1.  Nobody including myself is gonna lie and say they arent outraged by this weekend, me even more so with every single one of my sports teams including the hogs losing, and their loss by far being the worst of them all.

2.  But all that being said, sorry I am not going to go blaming all this down on JS and JL, but whether or not you agree with me, the truth is this team player wise just wasn't as national championship caliber as I had hoped they were.  Case in point, BP could not have saved Tyler from gettin knocked to the head, that one's on the offensive line 100%, and yes they are worse than what most people realize, knile davis couldnt get any room to run out there against that stinkin defense hence why PP lost faith in the running game.

3.  I had really hoped that our defense coming into this year had finally become the weakness made strong on this team, but unfortunately that has not happened as we saw out there, and yeah tevin mitchell going down hurt, but they struggled against jacksonville state last week, and they just dont know how to tackle and lack the physicality of the good teams in the SEC.

While Bobby might have helped us win the game last night, I still dont think this team was ready for a NC run yet
Bobby P. would have prepared this team. Question is, what has this coaching staff been preparing this team for?

GTOWNHOG

AGREE 100%.
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

maxre567

Quote from: BartIV on September 09, 2012, 08:35:37 pm
Bobby P. would have prepared this team. Question is, what has this coaching staff been preparing this team for?

mentally maybe he wouldve prepared them, but that doesnt always add up to execution come game time, and that as i mentioned still doesnt save tyler wilson from that injury, again maybe we woulda won last night, but by far as the others have mentioned this team does not have a defense to win the NC let alone the SEC

stchane

Quote from: BartIV on September 09, 2012, 08:35:37 pm

EXACTLY!  We have the horses.  This is the same team that beat a top 10 team in the cotton bowl last year.  The difference is the quality of coaching has drastically declined. 

This is the worst loss in program history.  That sounds like an exaggeration, but think about it.  WE WEREN'T RANKED IN THE TOP 10 AGAINST THE CITADEL, which is considered the benchmark for all time lows.  Feel somewhat sorry for Long.  He made the best out of the hand he was dealt by BP.  How can you bring in an interim for the interim?  How can you hire an interim from the current staff?  There are no good solutions. 

I guess the silver lining is that BP left it much better than he found it.  Hopefully that will factor into attracting the quality of coach we need to compete with the best.
For all your Razorback Football Needs: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=stchane

zumhog

Well until JLS is gone, we wont have that kind of D-Fence either. No good coordinator is going to come be Dumbo for that Bozo.

budcampbellfan

We looked like the D coach had never looked at or prepared in the least for the LaMonroe offense.  (Much less our D players.  they had no idea what to do.) 
"THE 'ARKANSAW RAZA'BACKS' ARE ON THE AIR!" - The late Bud Campbell at the beginning of each radio broadcast game.

cityhog

Truer words have never been spoken. Get a defensive minded coach on the next go around.

HoggyCat

We don't even have an sec caliber offense now.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

rwspear