Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 Razorback Football Signees (25)

Started by Tomhog™, March 04, 2016, 05:17:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: presidenthog on January 10, 2017, 04:27:52 am
As weird as it sounds we need Texas to be amazing again. It will make Texas talent want to leave state or play in another conference. We need bama to also fall off the map. I'm not sure if then losing this championship hurt or helped. I wanted them to win the next 2 and saban to retire. Now I think we just guaranteed that he will be coaching atleast 1 year longer than before.
the TOP 10 players in Texas ARE LEAVING in this class. Perfect time to get in there.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

WooPig90

Fisher needs to be added, Martin and Williams are now enrolled. So that would make 11 Commits and 10 LOIs

We need to make an all out blitz on Texas.  I believe this starts with at least one coach whose responsibility it is to bring in solid Texas recruits., Not 1 or 2, at least 6 or more.  We need a young woman who understands football, is polite, informed and would love to work in recruiting.  Find a way to hire a full time recruiting person, not an office hand who fumbles his little penee 10 months out of the year in an air conditioned office, but a lady who makes contacts and builds relationships in Texas with the coaching staffs, eventually the players and who can close the deal.  We can do without another coach on the field but since we cannot recruit in the accepted and old fashion way, then turn recruiting upside down.  I know you can only actually engage players under certain conditions but there has to be a way to legally make coaching staffs want their players to attend the UofA.  If staffs are approached correctly, you will eventually get some help if they like you and what you represent.  I firmly believe you could make Arkansas a destination for a half dozen good players annually if you really tried.  OSU can do it.  OU can do double that many.  We need to make the effort.

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 08, 2017, 01:24:32 pm
I'm not certain that we need to be quite that relaxed in our expectations. We have made some serious progress in gaining recruiting ground in Florida and Louisiana, we just need (my opinion) to re-focus on rebuilding our recruiting in Texas and picking up 6-7-8 from there every year.

Texas is a lost cause.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Just saw on twitter where De'Shawn Gulledge said he was 100% Arkansas and was shutting down his recruitment.
[tweet]772150526360170496[/tweet]
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Tomhog™

Well, bye....

11. Troy James
     Position: DE

24/7 rating: 3*
     ESPN rating:
     Rivals rating:
     Scout rating:

Attributes:    6'4", 275
     Hometown:   Baton Rouge, LA
     Notable offers: Oklahoma, Wake Forest

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Tomhog™ on January 27, 2017, 09:22:45 pm
Well, bye....

11. Troy James
     Position: DE

24/7 rating: 3*
     ESPN rating:
     Rivals rating:
     Scout rating:

Attributes:    6'4", 275
     Hometown:   Baton Rouge, LA
     Notable offers: Oklahoma, Wake Forest
dude was a flip-flopper.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

rljjr

Do we like 24/7's ratings because they're composite? I mean if we look at ESPN we have like 7 or 8 4-stars.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

theshiva

Quote from: rljjr on January 30, 2017, 12:06:44 pm
Do we like 24/7's ratings because they're composite? I mean if we look at ESPN we have like 7 or 8 4-stars.

Yeah, the more data points you use, the more accurate they are (generally).

I will say ESPN has loved alot of Razorback commits the past few years. I think they had Cole Kelly as a 4 star.

Tejano Jawg

Who are you guys most excited about, so far?

For me—outside of the 2 big-time JC receivers—they are 2 secondary guys. Montaric Brown and Kamren Curl, an Arkie and Okie respectively.

Signing good defenders is 100% of my interest, especially after last year. It's hard to say which position is more critical—D line/D end, linebackers, secondary? But I do know that when we've had a top-level, all-conference-level DB or 2, other areas seem to fall into place. And that's been quite awhile. And I know that generally you want to build from the inside out...so maybe it's just my opinion with my love for the great DB.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

ricepig

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on January 30, 2017, 02:53:19 pm
How so? About average. 8th or 9th in the SEC. Happy with 6-8 wins?

Do you actually think we'll ever have a class rated as high as 7th in the SEC, and what would lead you to believe this?

GO

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on January 30, 2017, 02:53:19 pm
How so? About average. 8th or 9th in the SEC. Happy with 6-8 wins?
Ha,8th or 9th might be optimistic, one service yesterday had us 11th in the SEC Can't remember who but it was a blurb on the razorback report or something on radio yesterday.

rljjr

Quote from: GO on February 01, 2017, 09:15:46 am
Ha,8th or 9th might be optimistic, one service yesterday had us 11th in the SEC Can't remember who but it was a blurb on the razorback report or something on radio yesterday.

ESPN has us 9th.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: HogFanWoody on March 11, 2016, 10:41:38 pm
You sir were correct! Monk 0-11 from 3 and Barnes was the leading scorer for Cabot. WPS!!
Last night Barnes was assigned to cover Northside's Isaiah Joe.  Joe had 22 for the Bears!

But seriously, Barnes obviously is a tremendous athlete.