Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can Arkansas Win A SEC Championship Under CBB?

Started by Aaron Peters, June 26, 2016, 07:54:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mhsbc59

Quote from: GuvHog on July 19, 2016, 06:33:36 pm
Bobby Petrino took The Hogs from being almost bare of talent to a team that finished #5 in the nation 4 years later so it can be done.

But he also never won the SEC or even the west
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

mhsbc59

Quote from: GuvHog on July 19, 2016, 06:33:36 pm
Bobby Petrino took The Hogs from being almost bare of talent to a team that finished #5 in the nation 4 years later so it can be done.

Also if my memory serves correct he only finished as high as 3rd in the SEC west
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

PonderinHog

Quote from: mhsbc59 on July 19, 2016, 07:19:40 pm
Also if my memory serves correct he only finished as high as 3rd in the SEC west
2nd in 2010 - Sugar Bowl.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

mhsbc59

MJ2

Yes, but only if Sabin leaves Alabama.    CBB's style of play relies on depth at all positions and very little finesse along the way.   Similar to AL.   The SEC is too brutal and the depth of AR is historically too thin to be able to run the table with CBB's style of play.    I don't see an outright SEC championship in the near future.

mhsbc59

Quote from: MJ2 on July 21, 2016, 07:26:22 am
Yes, but only if Sabin leaves Alabama.    CBB's style of play relies on depth at all positions and very little finesse along the way.   Similar to AL.   The SEC is too brutal and the depth of AR is historically too thin to be able to run the table with CBB's style of play.    I don't see an outright SEC championship in the near future.

If you think he is following Sabans blue print out right you did not watch last year team very closely. With enos we have a very dynamic O.  It's just not what you like to see

MJ2

Quote from: mhsbc59 on July 21, 2016, 11:55:19 pm
If you think he is following Sabans blue print out right you did not watch last year team very closely. With enos we have a very dynamic O.  It's just not what you like to see

Didn't say that.  I just gave my opinion to the question that was asked.  5-3 in the SEC is a step in the right direction, but still a long way from winning the SEC.