Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ted Kapita

Started by dragon, September 01, 2015, 09:05:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsanity

Quote from: Jim Harris on September 01, 2015, 12:32:40 pm
, and everybody who would listen when he jumped to Arkansas heard that.

many heard, but they did not want to listen, and as you can see by this thread, some still do not want to listen. Always hurts when the feet of clay are exposed.
Quote from: -Blu on September 01, 2015, 12:47:48 pm
Shame on Mike for leaving Haith a senior laden tournament bound team, and allowing him to bring in his own players the following year.  He should have been more likely Pelphrey and left us a mixed bunched of players that didn't fit any type of system, that we were forced to hold on to for because APR was horrible. 

and you guys get another taste of a Heath or Pelphrey, because 10 years of having bad coaches must not have been enough for some of you, you guys complain after the best season in 20 years years, it's unremarkable.

NCAAT record here for MA is no better than those two ( well Heath did not win a ncaat game ). And we are saying that recruiting should not have been a tire fire after the "great" season you keep harping on.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 01, 2015, 12:53:20 pm
It's going to be painful for a couple seasons.

Unless it's not
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

poloprince

Quote from: phadedhawg on September 01, 2015, 12:53:20 pm
It's going to be painful for a couple seasons.

Not as painful as 2000-2010
$PoLoPrInCe$

TomBigBeeHog

Mike has been the king of unbalanced classes throughout his career, from when he was recruiting coordinator for Nolan and nine guys left after the 1995 season (leading to the class that eventually got the NCAA fully swooping in on whatever it was they, Missouri or whoever, thought UA was doing back then), to his own time at Missouri when he left things out of balance for Haith. Anderson barely recruited the last two years at Mizzou, and everybody who would listen when he jumped to Arkansas heard that.

Just a tip. Too much hyperbole can expose an agenda.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Hawg Red

Quote from: poloprince on September 01, 2015, 12:57:28 pm
Not as painful as 2000-2010

That's painting with a broad brush. There were 4 tournament appearances in that stretch. I would have started that painful stretch with Pelphrey's 2nd year.

-Blu

Quote from: hogsanity on September 01, 2015, 12:54:10 pm
NCAAT record here for MA is no better than those two ( well Heath did not win a ncaat game ). And we are saying that recruiting should not have been a tire fire after the "great" season you keep harping on.

So, me "harping" on the most recent season is a problem, but harping on a season that hasn't even been played yet and predicting failure in every thread is perfectly fine?  Ok.

And if you don't see a difference in a 27 win season and being ranked the whole year, from what Heath and Pelphrey done, I don't know what to tell you.  The tournament is a crap shoot, anybody that watches college basketball knows that.  You think the actual best team wins every year?  It's all about match-ups.  You can be a team that's not so good (UCLA), but you get favorable match-ups and a couple upsets in your bracket and you can do well.  We ran into a bad match-up against UNC, but that doesn't take away from anything the team accomplished this year, we were a really good team, and it was the best season we had in 20 years, you can't take that away no matter how much you want to downplay it.

mizzouman

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 01, 2015, 12:28:11 pm
Kapita, kaputa.  tomato, tomahto.

Frustrating, to say the least.
Well, he did call the whole thing off.

hogsanity

Quote from: -Blu on September 01, 2015, 01:06:41 pm
So, me "harping" on the most recent season is a problem, but harping on a season that hasn't even been played yet and predicting failure in every thread is perfectly fine?  Ok.

And if you don't see a difference in a 27 win season and being ranked the whole year, from what Heath and Pelphrey done, I don't know what to tell you.  The tournament is a crap shoot, anybody that watches college basketball knows that.  You think the actual best team wins every year?  It's all about match-ups.  You can be a team that's not so good (UCLA), but you get favorable match-ups and a couple upsets in your bracket and you can do well.  We ran into a bad match-up against UNC, but that doesn't take away from anything the team accomplished this year, we were a really good team, and it was the best season we had in 20 years, you can't take that away no matter how much you want to downplay it.

Not one place did I ever say it was not a good season. My reference to the NCAAT is talking about getting to it. I agree, once you get there, it is very much about matchups.

This thread is about another piece of the 2015 recruiting class breaking off. Should the class following a 27 win season have been such a disaster?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

mizzouman

Mike has been the king of unbalanced classes throughout his career, from when he was recruiting coordinator for Nolan and nine guys left after the 1995 season (leading to the class that eventually got the NCAA fully swooping in on whatever it was they, Missouri or whoever, thought UA was doing back then), to his own time at Missouri when he left things out of balance for Haith. Anderson barely recruited the last two years at Mizzou, and everybody who would listen when he jumped to Arkansas heard that.
This is a FACT.  I'm not a Haith lover or hater, but MA did leave Haith with a great senior class, but after that, we needed transfers to balance everything out.  Paying for that now.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: -Blu on September 01, 2015, 01:06:41 pm

FYI. We were only ranked 11 of the (basically) 20 weeks of the season. Wouldn't really call that "the whole year."

mizzouman

Shame on Mike for leaving Haith a senior laden tournament bound team, and allowing him to bring in his own players the following year.  He should have been more likely Pelphrey and left us a mixed bunched of players that didn't fit any type of system, that we were forced to hold on to for because APR was horrible. 

Some of you guys can't wait to take shots at CMA.  If someone strictly read posts from some of you guys it would seem like CMA is the worst coach in the world.  Yet, he's changed 3 programs around.  Not many coaches can say that.  I'm going to be honest, sometimes I kinda hope CMA gets fired, so he can go somewhere else, and you guys get another taste of a Heath or Pelphrey, because 10 years of having bad coaches must not have been enough for some of you, you guys complain after the best season in 20 years years, it's unremarkable.
Just stating facts.  This post is the same thing I said when MA went to Arkansas.  Did not recruit at all the last 2 years.  In fact, I don't think he signed a single person his last year there.  Haith had to bring in 2 transfers at the last moment just to have a class.  Otherwise, it would have been ZERO signed for that year.

HoustonwehaveaProblem

Quote from: ricepig on September 01, 2015, 09:48:20 am
Doesn't Kentucky sign a new team every year? It's only bad if you lose.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe kentucky goes raiding players from Kennesaw State to replenish their roster

-Blu

Quote from: mizzouman on September 01, 2015, 01:30:51 pm
Just stating facts.  This post is the same thing I said when MA went to Arkansas.  Did not recruit at all the last 2 years.  In fact, I don't think he signed a single person his last year there.  Haith had to bring in 2 transfers at the last moment just to have a class.  Otherwise, it would have been ZERO signed for that year.

I'd rather do that than a coach leave me nothing rather than a mismatch of players. All coaches should have prior relationships with players they are recruiting and bring them over to their new school.  I see it every single off-season. When it was all said and done we basically got Rashad Madden out of that Pelphrey class.  Had he not had to hold on to a bunch of players that didn't fit his system, he could have brought over some players that they had prior relationships with that actually fit the system and wanted to play in it, and we could have possibly had a quicker turnaround.

-Blu

Quote from: RazorPiggie on September 01, 2015, 01:26:42 pm
FYI. We were only ranked 11 of the (basically) 20 weeks of the season. Wouldn't really call that "the whole year."

So, that means you were complaining for 9 weeks?  Yea I do remember that now.  Thanks.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: Mao Tse-tusk on September 01, 2015, 01:31:28 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe kentucky goes raiding players from Kennesaw State to replenish their roster

Dang, man.  Bringing the truth, and it's not pretty.
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Otis

So we're looking at 1 NCAA appearance and 1 NIT appearance in his first five years. Couple that with seemingly shoddy recruiting each year, I think it's understandable that people aren't quite as excited with our prospects going forward. Even if he has an above average recruiting class (for him)in 2016, I've been told over and over by some on here it takes at least 3 years to rebuild a program! That will put him at 8 years and 1 tournament appearance. That futility would far surpass anything your whipping boys Heath and Pelphrey did.

Cresthog

Disaster. Another frustrating year ahead while the SEC gets a lot stronger.

The_Iceman

While Kentucky, Texas a&m, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Mississippi State, Vandy, South Carolina, and Florida continue to rebuild strong rosters and improve their coaching staffs, we bring in the LAST ranked recruiting class in 2015.

Think about this, we have our best season in 15+ years, and Mike recruits the WORST recruiting class in the SEC. PITIFUL!

DEAD LAST!
http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=SEC

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 01, 2015, 02:15:27 pm
While Kentucky, Texas a&m, Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Mississippi State, Vandy, South Carolina, and Florida continue to rebuild strong rosters and improve their coaching staffs, we bring in the LAST ranked recruiting class in 2015.

Think about this, we have our best season in 15+ years, and Mike recruits the WORST recruiting class in the SEC. PITIFUL!

DEAD LAST!
http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings?Conference=SEC

That cannot happen again this year because, if it does, we would be possibly looking at a 2 to 3 year struggle to regain our footing. However, if we sign a strong class for 2016, then the 2015 slip will only be a slight stumble from which we can quickly recover.

bigdaddyhawg

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 01, 2015, 02:15:27 pm

DEAD LAST!

IMO the Society of Faithful Mike Defenders (Go Mike!!) should respond to this.  How do you guys justify this?
Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.  Abraham Lincoln, 1858

Cresthog

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on September 01, 2015, 03:00:16 pm
IMO the Society of Faithful Mike Defenders (Go Mike!!) should respond to this.  How do you guys justify this?

Pretty impossible to.

Looking more and more like we're funding his retirement and we made the wrong hire.

I thought he would have serious fire here. Apparently it was all about that 5 million dollar house in East Fayetteville.

Swinesong1

Some of you guys can't wait to take shots at CMA.  If someone strictly read posts from some of you guys it would seem like CMA is the worst coach in the world.  Yet, he's changed 3 programs around.  Not many coaches can say that.  I'm going to be honest, sometimes I kinda hope CMA gets fired, so he can go somewhere else, and you guys get another taste of a Heath or Pelphrey, because 10 years of having bad coaches must not have been enough for some of you, you guys complain after the best season in 20 years years, it's unremarkable.
It was NEVER about wins and losses and it never will be.  This state hasn't advanced one bit since Nolan was here. 

hogsanity

Quote from: Swinesong1 on September 01, 2015, 03:12:44 pm
It was NEVER about wins and losses and it never will be.  This state hasn't advanced one bit since Nolan was here. 

One thing is for sure, with Mike's defenders is is never about talking about his failings in recruiting. Nothing is ever Mike's fault with them.

hawginbigd1

Yeah horse manure response, I agree to an extent, but this was a BS time to pull that one!

Swinesong1

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on September 01, 2015, 03:21:53 pm
Yeah horse manure response, I agree to an extent, but this was a BS time to pull that one!
Truth hurts.  Racists!!!!!

WorfHog

Kapita probably doesn't change much for 2015.  The earliest he would have been here is in December. If Mike can find a comparable or better player (we're on several) for 2016 I'm not too worried.     

The prove will show itself on the court. Gnash your teeth as much as you want.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: -Blu on September 01, 2015, 01:44:01 pm
So, that means you were complaining for 9 weeks?  Yea I do remember that now.  Thanks.

You're welcome  :)

-Blu

Quote from: bigdaddyhawg on September 01, 2015, 03:00:16 pm

The same way CBB wins 2 conference games in 3 years and has the 11th out of 14th ranked class in the conference and y'all act like he's the next John Madden.  Had Bielma finished second in conference, played in the SEC championship game, and had the best record in 20 years, people would be on here claiming he's the best coach in razorback history.  I wonder what the difference is.

No doubt, and they wonder why John Pelphrey was the best coach we could get to come here after Heath.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: -Blu on September 01, 2015, 03:36:15 pm
The same way CBB wins 2 conference games in 3 years and has the 11th out of 14th ranked class in the conference and y'all act like he's the next John Madden.  Had Bielma finished second in conference, played in the SEC championship game, and had the best record in 20 years, people would be on here claiming he's the best coach in razorback history.  I wonder what the difference is.

No doubt, and they wonder why John Pelphrey was the best coach we could get to come here after Heath.

I know what it is. Bielema has set up the football program to be consistently successful for many years. Anderson has not done that for basketball.
[CENSORED]!

hawginbigd1

The same way CBB wins 2 conference games in 3 years and has the 11th out of 14th ranked class in the conference and y'all act like he's the next Jon Madden.  Had Bielma finished second in conference, played in the SEC championship game, and had the best record in 20 years, people would be on here claiming he's the best coach in razorback history.  I wonder what the difference is.
The differnce for most is they are not stupid and understand the different dynamics between building a competitve FB roster and building a competitive BB roster in the SEC as it stands right now. It is going to become almost as difficult to do in BB as it is in FB if the past 18 months or so is an indicator of the future. The roster that is being built in FB people can clearly see is going to be competitve for years to come.

I think many here are in my camp that think both of our coaches are pretty good, but one has not had a glaring failure in recruiting and preparedness that the other has, especially coming off the last 2 seasons we had.

-Blu

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 01, 2015, 03:46:13 pm
I know what it is. Bielema has set up the football program to be consistently successful for many years. Anderson has not done that for basketball.

Yea, an improving record every year, improved APR, improved graduation rate, improved attendance, all leave the message of a "failing program".

Yet, Bielma is so much more consistent because he has won far less and predicted to do well this season?  Nice logic there.

porkinsons disease

CBB has only been coaching here 2 years, but carry on.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

-Blu

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on September 01, 2015, 03:48:59 pm
The differnce for most is they are not stupid and understand the different dynamics between building a competitve FB roster and building a competitive BB roster in the SEC as it stands right now. It is going to become almost as difficult to do in BB as it is in FB if the past 18 months or so is an indicator of the future. The roster that is being built in FB people can clearly see is going to be competitve for years to come.

The difference is some of us are not as stupid as you want us to be, and think the hatred for CMA is strictly about wins and losses.  If you think that, most be nice to live in fairly land.  I follow both football and basketball forums, and the same people that praise everything CBB does will criticize CMA for everything he does.  If CMA had a 14% in his first 2 years conference, I don't care if he was in the ACC, Big 12, or whatever league you think is the best, these same people wouldn't be giving him the benefit of the doubt, because they have been complaining every year no matter what the outcome is.

-Blu

Quote from: porkinsons disease on September 01, 2015, 03:55:48 pm
CBB has only been coaching here 2 years, but carry on.

Notice guys like this only come out for bad news.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: -Blu on September 01, 2015, 04:00:00 pm
Yes, I have been silent about all the great basketball news all summer.

Someone has to be there when you are spewing out incorrect information to further your agenda. Sorry I embarassed you. Carry on with the fight.
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

The_Iceman

27 wins, then Mike follows that up with signing the WORST recruiting class in the SEC!

hogsanity

Quote from: -Blu on September 01, 2015, 04:00:00 pm

Only been bad news for the bball program since they lost to NC.

porkinsons disease

September 01, 2015, 04:24:51 pm #87 Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 04:36:44 pm by porkinsons disease
Quote from: hogsanity on September 01, 2015, 04:19:04 pm
Only been bad news for the bball program since they lost to NC.
Careful, you don't want to be labeled a racist  ;)

Remember that we have that new practice facility to show off when we are scrambling for players next summer.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: -Blu on September 01, 2015, 03:52:04 pm
Yea, an improving record every year, improved APR, improved graduation rate, improved attendance, all leave the message of a "failing program".

Yet, Bielma is so much more consistent because he has won far less and predicted to do well this season?  Nice logic there.

Nonsensical response. Can't do anything with this. It's unintelligible.
[CENSORED]!

hogsanity

Quote from: -Blu on September 01, 2015, 03:52:04 pm

Here is the problem, in the world of college basketball, the only time you hear these type of things talked about is when the wins and losses do not measure up. No one, especially no one outside of Arkansas, cares on bit about apr, graduation rates, etc. Especially not high level recruits who might be there 2 years at most.

In the college bball world your program is measured in NCAAT appearances, and how far you go in those appearances.

Even though comparing college football and basketball is difficult, the thing you are missing is that while Mike Andersons chart at is up and down, BB gets his teams to a pretty hgih level and stays there. While BB has lead teams to 3 BCS bowls, Mike anderson has never made 1 final 4, and only 1 elite 8.

Hogimus Prime

MA sending kids to the pros before they get to college.  He gets the none and dones and everyone has to complain

HawgnCorona

Quote from: Hawg Red on September 01, 2015, 10:44:24 am
There's really no way to spin how badly recruiting as gone since we signed Whitt. It was good to get Macon committed, but nothing else has been very good. Maybe Jenkins will prove to be a steal, but I think that statement illustrates how badly it's gone.

This is a fair statement...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

hawginbigd1

Quote from: -Blu on September 01, 2015, 03:58:48 pm
The difference is some of us are not as stupid as you want us to be, and think the hatred for CMA is strictly about wins and losses.  If you think that, most be nice to live in fairly land.  I follow both football and basketball forums, and the same people that praise everything CBB does will criticize CMA for everything he does.  If CMA had a 14% in his first 2 years conference, I don't care if he was in the ACC, Big 12, or whatever league you think is the best, these same people wouldn't be giving him the benefit of the doubt, because they have been complaining every year no matter what the outcome is.
There is no question there are those on here, that hope MA fails because HV population is not going to be appreciably different than the overall population. However every time people like me are critical of MA that can't be your reasoning and have even a grain of truth to it. I will be critical of the white coaches just as I am the black one when they don't do something I like. Just as I was with CBB for overall mishandling the whole Missouri game from timeouts to the QB not being benched.

Bottom line is the handling of the departures and recruiting overall is a fail this off season! Defending that with racism claims is non- sensical at best.

Swinesong1

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on September 01, 2015, 05:16:40 pm
There is no question there are those on here, that hope MA fails because HV population is not going to be appreciably different than the overall population. However every time people like me are critical of MA that can't be your reasoning and have even a grain of truth to it. I will be critical of the white coaches just as I am the black one when they don't do something I like. Just as I was with CBB for overall mishandling the whole Missouri game from timeouts to the QB not being benched.

Bottom line is the handling of the departures and recruiting overall is a fail this off season! Defending that with racism claims is non- sensical at best.
Right.  Cause what you're saying makes ALL the sense in the world.

3kgthog

I like Mike. I wanted him to be the answer. This isn't getting it done, though. When Long interviewed Mike, I doubt one NCAAT and 2-3 painful years immediately following that appearance were mentioned as reasonable expectations. Considering the resources we've got and the pretty decent talent we have nearby, there's no excuse for such failures in recruiting or re-loading.

PonderinHog

Do any of you fortune tellers know what the stock market is going to do tomorrow?

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: -Blu on September 01, 2015, 03:58:48 pm
So those people who were questioning/complaining about Pelphrey and debating if he should be replaced, who were those people? Mostly white people.
Probably the same group of fans complaining now. Mostly white folk. Yet the best thing you can come up with is 'racism'.
News flash: fans complain, sometimes a lot, when things don't go great. It's what fans do. These coaches make tons of money, so that enables folks to complain even more.
Said it before and will say it again; the people who feel a need to constantly defend Mike are more racist than anyone else ever thought about being. They're fixated on one thing: seeing a black coach do well, and are not objective in the least shape, form, or fashion. No question or criticism will go unchallenged. Some of these same folk were calling for Pelphrey's head. Who's really being racist?

Fans are always going to complain, no matter the color, and 95% of them don't care who the coach is. I would just get over it and get used to it.

dsims2k3

It's not a secret that U of A has a strike against itself to begin given NWA's reputation.  Kids are not lining up to go there. The recruiting classes for BOTH fb and basketball are in cycles. Yet no ons makes the same fuss for football recruiting.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Jonteviosk

I have to respond to these morons who keep bellyaching about how bad a coach CMA is If I remember. In his first season had a similar situation roster wise but the best player goes down and CMA still has a winning record with no production from post and players who didn't fit his style. He is a good coach and his record has improved every year. None of you doomsaying jackasses can dispute that fact. As for recruiting this season. Its not like we had hoped but if Kapita had been declared eligible this year from the beginning the class wouldn't look so bleak. However, looking at it G- Jimmy Whitt a major talent. G- Dusty Hannahs will be a major contributor and help out immediately. F- Lorenzo Jenkins was a solid addition considering when we signed him and Texas A & M was about to offer him so we stole him from Aggieland. C- Willie Kouassi might be a solid addition if we remember hes only hear to rebound, block shots and play about 12 min. Its a single season and not a bad signing. I would also say the cubbard isn't bear for returning players either. G- Anton Beard once he is cleared to play makes us a much better team immediately. G- Anthlon Bell will finally be a double figure scorer because the playing time will be his.Coach consistently gets improvement from all his players. C-Moses Kingsley should improve dramatically this year as well. Remember Shaq at LSU played and practiced against for 2 years a 7ft German guy named Hammink. After Shaq left Hammink 15pts 10 reb a game. 2 yrs Kingsley played and practiced against Portis. So forgive me if im not willing to write this year off yet. By the end of the year starting lineup will be:

F- Lorenzo Jenkins
G- Jimmy Whitt
C- Moses Kingsley
G- Anthlon Bell
G- Anton Beard

6th man - Dusty Hannahs
Could still make a run. Will have good recruiting class 2016. Its not CMA's fault that Kaptia was impatient and thinks hes better than he actually is wow pro in France Im impressed lol.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

WorfHog

Quote from: PonderinHog on September 01, 2015, 05:59:06 pm
Do any of you fortune tellers know what the stock market is going to do tomorrow?

A two 2pm everyday China shoots a bunch of money into theirs.