Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ted Kapita

Started by dragon, September 01, 2015, 09:05:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon

@JonRothstein: Former Arkansas commit Ted Kapita has signed a contract to play professionally in France, source told @CBSSports. Will not attend college.

The_Iceman

Quote from: dragon on September 01, 2015, 09:05:59 am
@JonRothstein: Former Arkansas commit Ted Kapita has signed a contract to play professionally in France, source told @CBSSports. Will not attend college.

Ouch. Mike Anderson blew this big time.

Mr. Porkleone

It's great being a razorback fan. Hurts just keep coming

HOGINTENNESSEE

Nuts and bolts Nuts and bolts

We got screwed

hawginbigd1

That sucks best of luck to him. Hopefully he makes good.

010HogFan

SONofHAM

Only bringing in 1 recruit and then scrambling for Kouassi and Jenkins this year is just poor on our part. Coach has a tough job on his plate this year. 
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

The Hogfather

Wow.  I really did not see that coming.  This has been a very tough offseason...

The_Iceman

Quote from: SONofHAM on September 01, 2015, 09:23:16 am
Only bringing in 1 recruit and then scrambling for Kouassi and Jenkins this year is just poor on our part. Coach has a tough job on his plate this year. 

Yep, the one saving grace for Mike was the hope that Kapita might be in at semester, or at worst join the 2016 class. With only landing one good recruit, after losing Portis, Qualls, Madden, Harris, and Babb...and now Williams...I think its safe to label the 2015 recruiting class a FAILURE!

WorfHog

I thought he'd come in at semester or even next year. Guess the guys saying he'd never set foot on our court were right. Another open spot for 2016.  Good thing we're on a lot of great talent for next season.

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 01, 2015, 09:28:53 am
Yep, the one saving grace for Mike was the hope that Kapita might be in at semester, or at worst join the 2016 class. With only landing one good recruit, after losing Portis, Qualls, Madden, Harris, and Babb...and now Williams...I think its safe to label the 2015 recruiting class a FAILURE!

It's a shame CMA and crew didn't do their homework with Kapita. Whitt has a lot of potential though. I think it's way to early to label it a failure. If Whitt's not the player we think he is then it could be one.

Hogimus Prime

Well this sucks.  Guess that'll make six spots to fill for 2016

SONofHAM

Didn't we used to hear how bad it is to have unbalanced classes tho?  How many will we sign for 2016? 6 players?
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: SONofHAM on September 01, 2015, 09:35:38 am
Didn't we used to hear how bad it is to have unbalanced classes tho?  How many will we sign for 2016? 6 players?

Yeah.  With a juco committ already and now 5 open spots it has the possibility for the 2016-17 team to be freshman or junior heavy.  Cause as of now Beard, Thompson, Thomas with Macon, the juco committ being juniors. If MA adds a juco or two there could be 5 or 6 in that class, if not other jucos added that freshman class could be a class of 5.

The_Iceman

2 or 3 of those will be JUCO's tho. So that will help balance it out.

rhog1

Which is why it is important that  Mike manages this class with a mixture of highschool kids and juco players. A one and done player would also help.

BigSexyHog

Epic fail by the coaching staff.  Whitt is the only thing that can save this class and that's unfair to him. 
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

ricepig

Doesn't Kentucky sign a new team every year? It's only bad if you lose.

popcornhog

Worst offseason since Altman. Damn.
WPS

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 01, 2015, 09:42:56 am
2 or 3 of those will be JUCO's tho. So that will help balance it out.

With Beard, Thompson and Thomas adding 2 jucos would make that jr class a 5 man class, which would have to replaced in a couple of years. Either way MA goes there is going to be an unbalanced junior or freshman class.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 01, 2015, 09:28:53 am
Been saying we were failing at recruiting since Feb., then Kapita came along and I felt better. I still wasn't happy I knew we needed at least 4 recruits, I knew in my gut BP and Qualls were gone, and if it was just one then Mr. Miles needed to be helped to find a new place to play. Then we find out Babb is leaving and it just made it worse. I just believe the staff had their heads in the sand about the 2 early departures and Babb.

I was over Kapita already, he wasn't going to help us appreciably this year anyway, the addition of Henderson may be the one reason why this class is not an absolute failure. I am pumped about him, I believe we stole a top 200 type player, and Kouassi is going to play a role for us that we need. The bell cow all along was Whitt, and hopefully he is everything we expect him to be and not Ky Madden.

jjdlc

Out of all the possible scenarios that I thought might happen with this situation, I can't say this was one I expected to happen.  Oh well, CMA has a chance to have a really good recruiting class in 2016, guess we'll see...

UNCLE BACK

Kapita was likely a project.

hawginbigd1

I can tell you what would make us all say Ted who? A couple commits this weekend other than Agim! :razorback:

RazorPiggie

This is becoming laughable.

psooie

The fact he isn't playing this year is huge but really no big deal he isn't coming in next year, more fish in the sea. Right now there are 5 open scholarship to fill for next year but there is lots of talent around.

2016-17 team
2- Sr
4- JR
2- fr

5 open right now assuming nobody is kicked off the team or leaves.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: psooie on September 01, 2015, 10:18:24 am
The fact he isn't playing this year is huge but really no big deal he isn't coming in next year, more fish in the sea. Right now there are 5 open scholarship to fill for next year but there is lots of talent around.

2016-17 team
2- Sr
4- JR
2- fr

No big deal if we land a Cook or 2. But if we don't bring in a player of his caliber it is a big deal.

hogsanity

2016-17 team
2- Sr
4- JR
2- fr

There is talent around every year. The problem has been landing much of it. Has not been stellar at landing the top in state players, much less top rated talent from out of state.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

RazorPiggie

2016-17 team
2- Sr
4- JR
2- fr

Yeah but we've got to start landing that talent. I'd like for us to actually have several kids sign this fall and us not having to scramble last second to find player to fill out a roster.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on September 01, 2015, 10:08:11 am
I can tell you what would make us all say Ted who? A couple commits this weekend other than Agim! :razorback:

If you know something spill it spill it, or give really good cryptic clues maybe use a picture, drawing or symbol.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hawg Red

There's really no way to spin how badly recruiting as gone since we signed Whitt. It was good to get Macon committed, but nothing else has been very good. Maybe Jenkins will prove to be a steal, but I think that statement illustrates how badly it's gone.

mizzouman

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on September 01, 2015, 10:24:36 am
No big deal if we land a Cook or 2. But if we don't bring in a player of his caliber it is a big deal.
Or maybe 2 Cooks.

The_Iceman

Such poor team management by this coaching staff. Seemed to have zero clue this offseason.

They need to absolutely destroy on the 2016 recruiting trail if they want to keep my support.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 01, 2015, 10:44:00 am
If you know something spill it spill it, or give really good cryptic clues maybe use a picture, drawing or symbol.
Not really good with that stuff, LOL! Mcgriff and Fisher are visiting this weekend, if they were to commit, it would be Ted who?

hawginbigd1

PonderinHog

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on September 01, 2015, 10:58:53 am
2 Cooks is definitely better than 1!
Wouldn't there be the possibility of spoiling the broth ???

TomBigBeeHog

2016 class is make or break. Need to hit some homeruns in this class! Macon is a good start. Need to land one this weekend.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

regi

jseinfeld50

another piece to the puzzle went kaput

pigture perfect

Has this been confirmed? Hey JB, whatcha say?
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

mizzouman

Look, it's not that bad.  Kapita would need a year or two anyway to develop.  He is VERY raw.  So, even if he did come at semester, he would have had limited play unless the Hogs are desperate.  I would have red-shirted him anyway.

Just move on and get the next one.

poloprince

Cheese with your whine guys?  :razorback:
$PoLoPrInCe$

hogsanity

Quote from: poloprince on September 01, 2015, 12:21:28 pm
Cheese with your whine guys?  :razorback:

Oh yes, I forgot, this is all part of the 20 year rebuild.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

RedRock

If MA does not land Monk, MA will be in trouble.

-Blu

Quote from: mizzouman on September 01, 2015, 12:20:04 pm
Look, it's not that bad.  Kapita would need a year or two anyway to develop.  He is VERY raw.  So, even if he did come at semester, he would have had limited play unless the Hogs are desperate.  I would have red-shirted him anyway.

Just move on and get the next one.

Well said.

It's not good news at all, I was as high on Kapita as anyone, but it's not end of the world news.  If he came at semester he wouldn't have played much anyways.  I was hoping he would come in 2016 and learn behind Kingsley for a year, then become the guy after that. All this means is we have another spot available now, we are on Arlando Cook, Tyler Cook, Cameron McGriff, Eric Curry, Adrio Bailey, Mitchell Smith, and Andrew Gordon.  Just means we need to land 3 of these guys rather than 2.  Should be possible since all have visits scheduled except Smith and Gordon, who I assume will probably get something setup soon now that Kapita is off the board.

PonderinHog

Quote from: jseinfeld50 on September 01, 2015, 12:05:22 pm
another piece to the puzzle went kaput
Kapita, kaputa.  tomato, tomahto.

Frustrating, to say the least.

hogsanity

Quote from: RedRock on September 01, 2015, 12:24:22 pm

Monk is not nearly as important as the other players in the 2016 class because Monk is likely one a done wherever he goes. Now, he may be important i helping get other guys to come, but long term, his impact on the court for the Hogs would be minimal if he is one and done.

Jim Harris

Mike has been the king of unbalanced classes throughout his career, from when he was recruiting coordinator for Nolan and nine guys left after the 1995 season (leading to the class that eventually got the NCAA fully swooping in on whatever it was they, Missouri or whoever, thought UA was doing back then), to his own time at Missouri when he left things out of balance for Haith. Anderson barely recruited the last two years at Mizzou, and everybody who would listen when he jumped to Arkansas heard that.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

-Blu

Quote from: RedRock on September 01, 2015, 12:24:22 pm

Landing Monk would be amazing, but it's not going to make or break CMA, the class as a whole will be more important, Monk is only going to be here a year.  If we land him and miss on every other top prospect and don't have enough talent around him, it doesn't mean anything.

And even if we miss on monk you could have a class of Jaylen Fisher, Daryl Macon, Cameron McGriff, Arlando Cook, Tyler Cook, and Jaylen Barford.  And have a top class in the nation.

That would be...
3 ESPN top 100 players
3 Top 5 JUCO players

That would be the best class we've had in a long time, and wouldn't consist of Monk.

-Blu

Quote from: Jim Harris on September 01, 2015, 12:32:40 pm
Mike has been the king of unbalanced classes throughout his career, from when he was recruiting coordinator for Nolan and nine guys left after the 1995 season (leading to the class that eventually got the NCAA fully swooping in on whatever it was they, Missouri or whoever, thought UA was doing back then), to his own time at Missouri when he left things out of balance for Haith. Anderson barely recruited the last two years at Mizzou, and everybody who would listen when he jumped to Arkansas heard that.

Shame on Mike for leaving Haith a senior laden tournament bound team, and allowing him to bring in his own players the following year.  He should have been more likely Pelphrey and left us a mixed bunched of players that didn't fit any type of system, that we were forced to hold on to for because APR was horrible. 

Some of you guys can't wait to take shots at CMA.  If someone strictly read posts from some of you guys it would seem like CMA is the worst coach in the world.  Yet, he's changed 3 programs around.  Not many coaches can say that.  I'm going to be honest, sometimes I kinda hope CMA gets fired, so he can go somewhere else, and you guys get another taste of a Heath or Pelphrey, because 10 years of having bad coaches must not have been enough for some of you, you guys complain after the best season in 20 years years, it's unremarkable.

phadedhawg

It's going to be painful for a couple seasons.