Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Still very early but wonder if there will be any BB sell outs this year?

Started by nwahogfan1, August 20, 2015, 09:01:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nwahogfan1

Also will they discount tickets for upper deck seats or for lesser attended games?

I think until they get the numbers up again for all games then they need to find ways to get people in the seats. 

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on August 20, 2015, 09:01:17 pm
I think until they get the numbers up again for all games then they need to find ways to get people in the seats.

I don't know if there will be any sell outs but I am attending some games.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

WarPig88

Also will they discount tickets for upper deck seats or for lesser attended games?

Is Christmas coming early?

I swear, if whining like we have already lost of bunch of games wasn't enough, we now know that attendance is also in the toilet BEFORE a game has even been played?

I know this is crazy, but how about we wait until the season actually starts before we start whining? What if it starts and all this whining turns out to have been for not?

nwahogfan1

Quote from: WarPig88 on August 22, 2015, 12:01:30 am
Is Christmas coming early?

I swear, if whining like we have already lost of bunch of games wasn't enough, we now know that attendance is also in the toilet BEFORE a game has even been played?

I know this is crazy, but how about we wait until the season actually starts before we start whining? What if it starts and all this whining turns out to have been for not?

I was asking a Question.  Your doing the whining.  Why did you even say anything?  If you dont want to answer just move on.

Wow,  what a jerk.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on August 22, 2015, 01:34:26 pm
I was asking a Question.  Your doing the whining.  Why did you even say anything?  If you dont want to answer just move on.

Wow,  what a jerk.

To answer your question, no one really knows the future. But if you must have an answer right now, I suggest you try a Magic 8 Ball.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

PonderinHog

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on August 22, 2015, 02:08:40 pm
To answer your question, no one really knows the future. But if you must have an answer right now, I suggest you try a Magic 8 Ball.
Magic 8 Ball ???  Dude, get with the program!

TomBigBeeHog

WarPig88

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on August 22, 2015, 01:34:26 pm

Wow,  what a jerk.

I agree. It takes a jerk to ask a question suggesting that there won't be any sell outs for next season 3 months away from the start of the season.

Pretty negative at the least.

farmhawg

Quote from: TrueBlue on August 22, 2015, 05:09:14 pm
Back off - don't answer if you don't like the OP question. You don't own the board.
Irony, at its finest.....
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

HiggiePiggy

To answer your question.   It really depends on how the team does.  If they are competitive, but not winning then we might see a couple of sell outs.  If they are winning then yes there will be a few sell outs. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Atlhogfan1

Last season's attendance was affected by day of the week and tip off time of some games.

This season:

UK on a Th night at 6PM Fay time.  Probably will be a huge crowd including some UK fans anyway.  Demand would be higher if this were a weekend or an 8PM tip off. 

Only two weekend BWA games in the non conference:  Tenn Tech Dec 12th and Texas Tech.
TT will probably draw a good sized crowd just because the casual fans recognize the name.  Unless the Hogs have upset UK, can't imagine it being a sellout.

Weekend SEC BWA games:

Jan 9 MSU
Feb 6 Tenn night game
Feb 20 Mizzou night game
Mar 5 SC

LSU will be on a Tu Feb 23 at 6PM like UK.   
Vandy is the SEC home opener at 8PM on a Tu Jan 5th.

These games will likely draw the largest crowds.  Not sure I see many sell outs in there if any.  I don't think that is an indictment of the team as much as it is where we are these days with attending college basketball games especially with so many televised.  Of course, the better the team the better the attendance though too.   
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

WarPig88

Quote from: TrueBlue on August 22, 2015, 05:09:14 pm
Back off - don't answer if you don't like the OP question. You don't own the board.

LOL! Internet tough guys!

hogman99

1. I doubt there will be any sell outs.
2. Good idea to lower the upper level ticket prices, but I don't think that will happen. I say lower all ticket prices to get more folks in the game. Team will need all the help they can get.

TrueBlue

Quote from: WarPig88 on August 22, 2015, 07:51:28 pm
LOL! Internet tough guys!

Wow. A meme.

You win.

Why didn't you go with the tub of lard guy eating cheetos behind his computer screen?

Interesting that the people that talk crap and belittle a poster are the ones calling people internet tough guys.

Your education didn't get you too far in life, did it? That's a shame.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on August 22, 2015, 02:08:40 pm

Another jerk.   Guys if you dont want to answer just ignore.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: hogman99 on August 23, 2015, 12:47:27 pm
1. I doubt there will be any sell outs.
2. Good idea to lower the upper level ticket prices, but I don't think that will happen. I say lower all ticket prices to get more folks in the game. Team will need all the help they can get.

Thanks.  I was thinking the same thing.  I go to select games but I would go to more non conference money games if the ticket was cheaper.