Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Schedule should be out any day

Started by UNCLE BACK, August 02, 2015, 10:41:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

UNCLE BACK

Honestly, this is probably a year where we need some cupcakes on the Schedule. More than anything to gain some confidence. Since Mike has been here, we have not really had the us vs the World mentality like he did with his guard oriented teams at UAB and Mizzu. Maybe just maybe we get pissed off and these kids play with a chip on their shoulder. Win or lose, we could be pretty fun to watch.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: UNCLE BACK on August 02, 2015, 10:41:57 am
Honestly, this is probably a year where we need some cupcakes on the Schedule. More than anything to gain some confidence. Since Mike has been here, we have not really had the us vs the World mentality like he did with his guard oriented teams at UAB and Mizzu. Maybe just maybe we get pissed off and these kids play with a chip on their shoulder. Win or lose, we could be pretty fun to watch.

Looking forward to watching the development of Whitt, Thompson, Hannahs and Durham.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

-Blu

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on August 02, 2015, 12:42:59 pm
Looking forward to watching the development of Whitt, Thompson, Hannahs and Durham.

Same here.  It's weird because I'm actually still excited about this season, despite all the losses we've had.  It's a lot of unknowns, and I'm really curious how CMA handles adversity after having such a good season.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: -Blu on August 02, 2015, 01:48:29 pm
Same here.  It's weird because I'm actually still excited about this season, despite all the losses we've had.  It's a lot of unknowns, and I'm really curious how CMA handles adversity after having such a good season.

I don't know if you remember but when Pat Bradley and Kareem Reid came in together as freshmen, I wasn't sure how that was going to turn out. Man was I pleasantly surprised. With this team, the uncertainty is there but you can also see the potential in this group. I want to see them gel together and build some chemistry in the non conference schedule. Probably going to be a few bumps in the road but its fun watching them grow. Plus, with all of the recruits we are on for 2016, these guys can go through the trial by fire and be a seasoned group of veterans to rely on when we bring in the big 2016 class.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

Adam Stokes

Last season's schedule would be perfect for us this season, with a lot of teams in the 175-225 range. 

Does anyone have a basic list of who we have scheduled to play?  I want to say there are only a few match-ups that aren't yet public.

jry04

Quote from: Adam Stokes on August 03, 2015, 01:34:12 pm
Last season's schedule would be perfect for us this season, with a lot of teams in the 175-225 range. 

Does anyone have a basic list of who we have scheduled to play?  I want to say there are only a few match-ups that aren't yet public.
@ Wake Forest, @ Dayton, Georgia Tech @ Barclays, Texas Tech,  and Northwestern State are confirmed so far. We will also a couple of the smaller schools in the Pre-season NIT like UW-Green Bay, Akron, Savannah State, or ETSU. Hopefully we get UW-Green Bay and Akron.

-Blu

Quote from: jry04 on August 03, 2015, 02:54:34 pm
@ Wake Forest, @ Dayton, Georgia Tech @ Barclays, Texas Tech,  and Northwestern State are confirmed so far. We will also a couple of the smaller schools in the Pre-season NIT like UW-Green Bay, Akron, Savannah State, or ETSU. Hopefully we get UW-Green Bay and Akron.

And all of those are  very winnable games, I would say even if those suspended guys don't make it back, we'd still be favored in every one of those games you listed except @ Dayton.  And it's not like Dayton has a bunch of 4 and 5 star guys, we can probably beat them as well.

Quote from: TomBigBeeHog on August 03, 2015, 01:22:24 pm
I don't know if you remember but when Pat Bradley and Kareem Reid came in together as freshmen, I wasn't sure how that was going to turn out. Man was I pleasantly surprised. With this team, the uncertainty is there but you can also see the potential in this group. I want to see them gel together and build some chemistry in the non conference schedule. Probably going to be a few bumps in the road but its fun watching them grow. Plus, with all of the recruits we are on for 2016, these guys can go through the trial by fire and be a seasoned group of veterans to rely on when we bring in the big 2016 class.

I remember the Pat Bradley and Kareem Reid days, those were good times.  TBH I'm looking forward to seeing this Jimmy Whitt/Manny Watkins connection.  Those guys are best friends and both competitors.  I think Watkins is going to really push Whitt and give him no choice but to be good from the start.  If Beard doesn't make it back, I could see both of those guys starting in the back court together, causing havoc on defense.