Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Today

Started by rzrbackramsfan, June 17, 2017, 10:03:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

rzrbackramsfan

I played a 4 on 4 pickup basketball game at a public park here in Houston and Patrick Beverley was there.  I played against him one game and was matched up on him for about half the game. I also had on an Arkansas bball shirt while playing.

Just thought I'd have this brag moment on hogville!

SPAL

How'd the game go?

NorthChuckHog

Was it the park in front of the Toyota Center?

Barack Hogama

Very nice.  Back in my day I played against Kareem Reid and Corliss in the park and Carl Baker at the Richardson Center.  We won the championship in the city league at the Richardson with Wallace Spearmon Jr. on our team.  But we had a JUCO player that I can't remember his name for the life of me that could shoot the lights out that year.

ADavisTheGOAT

I saw Michael Qualls at Airport Park in Shreveport before he left for Israel.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on June 17, 2017, 10:27:07 pm
How'd the game go?

Honestly pretty even.  P Bev want really jumping and the rims are really hard to score on so he wasn't absolutely destroying us, but they Made like a 7-0 run.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: NorthChuckHog on June 17, 2017, 10:38:27 pm
Was it the park in front of the Toyota Center?

No it's called spotts park, I've heard of the one in front of Toyota center though.

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: Barack Hogama on June 17, 2017, 11:38:59 pm
Very nice.  Back in my day I played against Kareem Reid and Corliss in the park and Carl Baker at the Richardson Center.  We won the championship in the city league at the Richardson with Wallace Spearmon Jr. on our team.  But we had a JUCO player that I can't remember his name for the life of me that could shoot the lights out that year.

It's pretty cool to be playing with such major talents.

Barack Hogama

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on June 17, 2017, 11:52:58 pm
It's pretty cool to be playing with such major talents.

For sure.  I left off playing against Cory Beck when he gained a ton of weight and IBM.  The dude had some strong ass hands.  You could not knock a ball out of his grips.  Few weeks later he got shot.  He still could play good fundamental basketball, but he gassed easily.

The other guys were still in their prime and they just made it look easy.

daprospecta

Quote from: rzrbackramsfan on June 17, 2017, 10:03:00 pm
I played a 4 on 4 pickup basketball game at a public park here in Houston and Patrick Beverley was there.  I played against him one game and was matched up on him for about half the game. I also had on an Arkansas bball shirt while playing.

Just thought I'd have this brag moment on hogville!
He played often in the HPER while he was on the hill. He was very competitive and often wanted to guard the biggest guy on the other team who was often me(6'4 270 at the time).

daBoar

Quote from: daprospecta on June 20, 2017, 09:24:54 am
...the biggest guy on the other team who was often me(6'4 270 at the time).
hmmm