Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaching Carousel

Started by TeufelHog, October 08, 2017, 02:29:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TeufelHog

We need to face it, CBB will be here for AT LEAST another year.  We just need to accept it and DEAL WITH IT.  Here is why I believe this to be true . . . which other programs will possibly be in the market for a new coach in addition to Arkansas?  Tennessee?  Ole Miss?  Missouri?  LSU?  Kansas State?  Notre Dame?  Arizona State?  Boise State?  Nebraska?  Texas Tech?  Baylor?

Is this the year we actually want to pay a huge buyout and not be able to afford a big name hire all while paying out of the nose for a huge stadium renovation?  Like it or not, I think we're stuck with CBB for a minimum of 1 more year . . . possibly 2 . . . based on financials alone.  Let alone "competition" with other "brand-name programs" from the end of the 2017 post season coaching carousel possibilities.  Brand-name programs that arguably are more appealing to big name coaches than Arkansas.

rhog1

Quote from: TeufelHog on October 08, 2017, 02:29:11 pm
We need to face it, CBB will be here for AT LEAST another year.  We just need to accept it and DEAL WITH IT.  Here is why I believe this to be true . . . which other programs will possibly be in the market for a new coach in addition to Arkansas?  Tennessee?  Ole Miss?  Missouri?  LSU?  Kansas State?  Notre Dame?  Arizona State?  Boise State?  Nebraska?  Texas Tech?  Baylor?

Is this the year we actually want to pay a huge buyout and not be able to afford a big name hire all while paying out of the nose for a huge stadium renovation?  Like it or not, I think we're stuck with CBB for a minimum of 1 more year . . . possibly 2 . . . based on financials alone.  Let alone "competition" with other "brand-name programs" from the end of the 2017 post season coaching carousel possibilities.  Brand-name programs that arguably are more appealing to big name coaches than Arkansas.
Who says we need a big name? I am ready to roll the dice with a hungry up and comer.

007 License To Squeal

Here we go again.....another excuse to accept another year of mediocrity....except we are now below mediocrity.

Every game BB coaches, damages OUR brand more.......stop the bleeding and fire him now!
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

DoctorSusscrofa

I'm glad we're getting new topics with fresh ideas again and again.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

sigpooie

How much is longs buyout, then the new guy can , replace longs choice. Win win
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride! Hunter "my buddy" Thompson

Tusks

I'd take some mediocrity about now.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: DoctorSusscrofa on October 08, 2017, 02:36:46 pm
I'm glad we're getting new topics with fresh ideas again and again.

Deal with it.......it isn't going away until changes are made......or until apathy completely kills the program.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

rhames

Quote from: tusked on October 08, 2017, 02:41:48 pm
I'd take some mediocrity about now.

Yeah. We aren't that good right now.
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

PLHawg

Quote from: TeufelHog on October 08, 2017, 02:29:11 pm

No way CBB is back next year.  DWR stadium will be half full if he is, not to mentioned n the North Endzone addition.  There is absolutely no way  CBB will be back next season.