Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A & M Replacing The Horns As Top Dog In Texas

Started by average fan, November 10, 2012, 03:42:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

average fan

I'm afraid it's gonna suck for us and the rest of the SEC as we watch A&M begin to cherry pick the top talent in Texas. As long as the whornes and aggs were in the same conference Texas was gonna dominate. With SEC exposure and this style of play,the aggs are going to take over. Just plain frightening what that could mean for the SEC.

Rooster Hogburn

To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

bigbadhog

What sucks is we owned them the past 3 years.  Not so much now.....
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

99toLife

Quote from: bigbadhog on November 10, 2012, 03:48:01 pm

Big deal so did Missouri.. they are better now.

ckhawgu

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: bigbadhog on November 10, 2012, 03:48:01 pm

They got a coach.  And an elite offensive line that makes Johnny look like he can walk on water.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

bigbadhog

Quote from: 99toLife on November 10, 2012, 03:48:59 pm
Big deal so did Missouri.. they are better now.

It is a big deal.  We are at the bottom of the SEC and they are toward the top one year later.  They made a good coaching hire and we don't know yet.  Very big deal...
Thanks for the WINS Coach Petrino!

average fan

Quote from: Rooster Hogburn on November 10, 2012, 03:47:11 pm
It could be worse.
True. If the whornes had come with them it might have been unbearable.

99toLife

Quote from: bigbadhog on November 10, 2012, 03:51:44 pm
It is a big deal.  We are at the bottom of the SEC and they are toward the top one year later.  They made a good coaching hire and we don't know yet.  Very big deal...

Then all we need is a good new coach and we will be fine next year, right!  ;)

hard_reign2004

Within next 3 years new pecking order in sec west

1) Alabama
2) Texas a&m
3) lsu
--  4-7 everyone else.

This coaching decision this off season is the most important school decision in the past 20 years. Will we just be another everyone else or will we somehow sneak into the top 4 in west every year. 

arkbuck

A&M will never replace UT as top dog in TX. JFF spent his life dying to play there and UT didn't even offer him. UT needs a new coach. They probably are as talented as any team in the country.

average fan

Quote from: arkbuck on November 10, 2012, 06:45:31 pm
A&M will never replace UT as top dog in TX. JFF spent his life dying to play there and UT didn't even offer him. UT needs a new coach. They probably are as talented as any team in the country.
Respectfully disagree. A&M may already be top dog.

Hard truth is that A&M is a very decent team made great by that QB and a coaching staff that knows how to use him.  Like Newton in 2010, Manziel is a difference maker. 

We probably could have a coach who operates like Sumlin but I suspect Aubbie will end up getting him while we stand with our thumb in our rear.  TN should win the "Arkansas Like" team of the week award after letting MO beat them.  Petrino may end up as their coach. 

arkbuck

I am originally from TX. Half my family is still in Austin. UT is the big dog and will Always get the recruits they want. As with some other schools they choose the recruits in TX

average fan

Quote from: arkbuck on November 10, 2012, 08:33:20 pm
I am originally from TX. Half my family is still in Austin. UT is the big dog and will Always get the recruits they want. As with some other schools they choose the recruits in TX
I can see why you would have a jaded opinion.....all that Austin connection and all.

Torqued pork

I don't think I've ever seen Hogville overreact so much about a game that didn't involve the Hogs.

texas tush hog

Quote from: 99toLife on November 10, 2012, 04:12:28 pm
Then all we need is a good new coach and we will be fine next year, right!  ;)

Not necessarily, who is this miracle worker of whom you speak, we do not have a former pro coach like Mike Sherman to set the next coach up like he did Sumlin or Ford did for Nutt.

razorbackcpa

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on November 10, 2012, 09:02:21 pm
I don't think I've ever seen Hogville overreact so much about a game that didn't involve the Hogs.

This. Guys, it was ONE game.

But, the Jacksonville State win over Ole Miss evoked a lot of emotion.