Started by HogWildBison2011, April 21, 2014, 08:25:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: Lysol on April 21, 2014, 09:18:13 pm
Any names for the new hog yet?

Sarah Jessica Parker Hog

Too soon?

3kgthog

Even little kids didn't wear the anthracite uniforms of their favorite players. They were hideous. If they want black, go with freakin' black and get rid of anthracite. It reminds me of charcoal dust.

No new secondary logo purchases for me. It's a cartoon. I'll stick with my boy, Runnin' Hog.

Mike Irwin

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on April 21, 2014, 10:15:07 pm
Wonder if he'd actually buy something with the secondary logo?
Ha!
I only know what he told me. He said the logo is like him. Coming at you.

LZH

I'd like to see more pics of that soccer gal, btw.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 21, 2014, 10:25:33 pm

So...we've got Red Wolf Hog, Hakuna Matata Hog, Pumba Hog, Klingon Hog, and now, J-Will Hog.

Ooops, almost forgot "cow hog".
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

ricepig

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 21, 2014, 10:25:33 pm

You got to love that about JWill.

nortonator

Do the student-athletes dig the new uniforms? I stay clear of twitter because its a little creepy in my opinion to be 40+ and following a 19 year old kid but rather I would gladly read a post on here regarding their response. MAYBE our players are not allowed to respond negatively due to a possible Twitter ban policy, but an indication to me would be a lack of response over the next day or so. I would rather see our players show discipline and class(as opposed to the over-reaction by the U); however, the student-athletes take the field and/or court and they win or lose the respective games with which they play not the fans. Their opinions should be considered in making such decisions and "branding" changes. They are more likely to be able to relate to future recruits and athletes as far as tastes and preferences go in uniforms and logos not the opinion of a 40+ poster such as myself.  Unfortunately, uniforms and such have become a heavy persuading factor in closing the deal with some upper level, superiorly talented athletes. I believe a level-headed person will choose the University that they love and pledge loyalty to; HOWEVER, as we often see in college athletics with the criminal activity(which is likely over-publicized quite often, different subject) "level-headedness" is often forgotten when some of these student athletes make sudden, irrational decisions. Unfortunately, for us I am afraid the hierarchy may have set us back a few more years here people and everyone is worried about how they feel the uniforms or logos look? Do we as fans play the games?  We sure as heck complain about the uniforms or applaud them without mentioning these student athletes and the thrills of winning and the agonies of defeat with which they provide most of us a lot of entertainment.  I believe the student-athletes should play in whatever they feel comfortable in while still representing the University with class and somewhat respecting tradition if you want to add that as well.  We better try and keep up with the times though folks or we will be left behind.  Are these changes going to boost are recruiting efforts?  Are these the changes we needed to at least be a factor between a 3* and 5* athlete in regards to football? I hope they are anyways, GO HOGS!  I will hang up and listen!

TomasPistola

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on April 21, 2014, 10:23:50 pm
post a pic....how's it look?

Ordered it bro. It's not here yet :)
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: TomasPistola on April 21, 2014, 10:33:08 pm
Ordered it bro. It's not here yet :)

No pic on the website where you bought it?
Where'd you order it from? If you don't mind me asking?

Never mind....

[attachment deleted by admin]

Keyser Sooieze

I think the main question should be how many shades will all this clean branding be available in at Wal-Marts?   

Also, I noticed on the branding site that the script A is set to be kept as a "tertiary mark," which I assume means we will simply continue using as baseball hats--but to me, that doesn't look so great.  Are we really that attached to the script A?  I like the look of the new font--I wonder about just having one of those As on the front of the cap.  It seems like a lot of MLB teams are updating to cleaner, "faster" fonts--I guess there was some resistance to losing script A as a mark, but it doesn't seem to mesh well with the new stuff.  I suppose it could just take some getting used to.....

HogPhilosophy

I just dont like the tusk on the shoulders...looks odd and out of place

TomasPistola

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on April 21, 2014, 10:35:09 pm
No pic on the website where you bought it?
Where'd you order it from? If you don't mind me asking?

Never mind....

Sorry lol. I misunderstood. I thought you wanted me to take a pic with my camera.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: TomasPistola on April 21, 2014, 10:38:13 pm
Sorry lol. I misunderstood. I thought you wanted me to take a pic with my camera.
Ha! I sort of implied that, didn't I?

PygmalionEffect

Being a heterosexual male over the age of 45, I've never really been able to keep up with all the uniform and helmet talk about which shade of red we're using this year or which uniforms have the cleanest lines, etc. etc, and really have never cared.

I just don't like the big Nike swoosh on both shoulders.  We're basically just a big ole Nike commercial now.  If we're going to be getting into that now for a few dollars so we can pay all the layer upon layer of admin salaries, we should have one that says

"always the lowest price"    that would be on the front of the jersey.

then on the back

"always"

We're Arkansas, not Oregon.

You guys can all fight about what color the words need to be and what font we should use.

it's comin in our lifetimes.........  get ready
Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

TheRazorback500

They look sharp; kind of extraterrestrial.. Maybe the Force can help us win some games.
The FF hog will take some getting used to.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

The Boar War

Quote from: HogPhilosophy on April 21, 2014, 10:36:49 pm
I just dont like the tusk on the shoulders...looks odd and out of place

Nike and our uniform's shoulders remind me of a person who's quit smoking and their hands.  They have no idea what to do with them and it comes off looking awkward. 

The Boar War

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on April 21, 2014, 10:41:31 pm
Being a heterosexual male over the age of 45,

Glad you came out and made that clear.

Tony Perkis

They both are going to be liked by the younger crowd. I like them both as well. I will definitely call the new logo "Hakuna Matata Hog" because it's an awesome movie and I love Pumba.

HogInFlorida

Overall very nice. I would have preferred Hog logos on the shoulders but it's MUCH MUCH better than the San Diego Chargers look we had the past 2 years
Quote from: Mike Irwin on June 12, 2013, 09:18:52 pm
I'd rather be hit over the head with a brick than have to revisit the memories of those seven awful months with coach "Smile" in charge.

PygmalionEffect

Pygmalion Effect - The phenomenon in which the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.

rljjr

"Sally Struthers" or "Malnourished" Hog because that thing needs to eat and get it's strength back. Just think, for only the price of a cup of coffee a day, we can nourish secondary Hog and give it a chance to live.

Lysol

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on April 21, 2014, 10:27:16 pm
So...we've got Red Wolf Hog, Hakuna Matata Hog, Pumba Hog, Klingon Hog, and now, J-Will Hog.

Ooops, almost forgot "cow hog".
I'm thinking its come down to Pumba hog or Klingon hog. Slight edge Klingon

Edit: SJP hog coming on strong though. Just saw that one

The Boar War

Quote from: PygmalionEffect on April 21, 2014, 11:09:18 pm
dissappointed?

No.  There always seems to be a poster in these types of threads who feels the need to run in and announce that he's not gay (when obviously no one assumes he is) so he can't talk about what the other posters are talking about.  So you definitely didn't disappoint.

thehill1414

My opinion, the new logo resembles satan and is awful looking. It looks like I'm in the minority which is great, I genuinely hep recruits think like most of you and really like the new looks. As long as we win I don't care what we wear. Just win, a lot.

josh_sec33

I actually like them. But as every year, some like the unis, and some don't.

Every year. :)
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

choppedporkextrasauce

Quote from: The_Hog_Father on April 21, 2014, 10:24:48 pm

Sarah Jessica Parker Hog

Too soon?
it would work if the Hogs snout was a long as hers

redeye

They look about the same as usual. I'm as ambivalent as I have been with every uniform since 2007.  Of course, I wish we wore the the 2007 unis every year, rather the redesigning them every year, because the 2007 unis were Arkansas. I don't know what these are.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: jkstock04 on April 21, 2014, 09:48:16 pm
Are they serious with that new logo? I won't be buying anything with that goofy lookin thing on there...that is worse than the popcorn hog to me.

Everything else I liked though...overall design of the uniforms I think looks cool.

I agree.  The logo is just awful.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: choppedporkextrasauce on April 21, 2014, 11:38:23 pm
it would work if the Hogs snout was a long as hers

+1 I see what you...  :razorback:

SpineHog

Quote from: Tony Perkis on April 21, 2014, 10:53:03 pm
They both are going to be liked by the younger crowd. I like them both as well. I will definitely call the new logo "Hakuna Matata Hog" because it's an awesome movie and I love Pumba.
What does Hakuna Matata even mean, anyway?

Congratulations, you now have the song stuck in your head.   ;D

The_Hog_Father

Quote from: RehabHog on April 21, 2014, 11:50:02 pm
What does Hakuna Matata even mean, anyway?

It's short hand for Ferris Bueller's wife... I think.

razorbackfanatic

Does anyone know if the red pants have a white stripe on them like the white
pants have a red stripe?

RNHog

More hogville boo hooing.

Cure

I think they suck. Previous few seasons were much better.
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

The logo wouldn't be that awful except for the white "stache"..
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

RNHog

Quote from: Cure on April 22, 2014, 02:36:58 am
I think they suck. Previous few seasons were much better.

It's a good thing you're just another whiney fan behind the computer on hogville. I am sure the university could give two craps and a screw what you think anyway.

Steef

Unis are a little boring, imo. Not offensively so. Just...meh.

Would have liked the new logo to be fiercer looking.

Not bad. Not great. But two years worth of design time?

Jeff....we need some fresh blood in the marketing department.

ChitownHawg

I would have preferred something a little more cutting edge, but that wouldn't have went over well with a lot of the fanbase. Having said that if the players love them then I am fine.

As long as they don't wear something like Maryland I really don't care what they look like. As someone else stated being a fan is suppose to be fun. Too many people getting all worked up over colors and uniforms.

Four more long months.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

online-with-swine

Quote from: The_Hog_Father on April 21, 2014, 10:24:48 pm

Sarah Jessica Parker Hog

Too soon?

How 'bout Sarah Jessica Porker?

Hog N Bama

Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on April 21, 2014, 09:26:42 pm
ACTUALLY Confirmed by Waddell the associate AD that the Arkansas Razorback Football Team will not have a grey/anthracite uniform for the 2014-2015 season.
Best news in the thread. The school colors are Cardinal and White. Period.

HogCommander

The new font is cool.  The shoulder action and the secondary logo sucks.  Here is the another thing I don't understand...Go to http://arkansasrazorbacks.com/fls/6100/branding2014/ how on earth is our primary logo a different color than our secondary logo.  Honestly I could care less about how we look as long as we win, but from a branding standpoint we need to declare a color.  It makes no sense to me how Razorback unis will look maroon on tv, and red in pictures. 

BorderPatrol

Quote from: HogCommander on April 22, 2014, 07:06:03 am
The new font is cool.  The shoulder action and the secondary logo sucks.  Here is the another thing I don't understand...Go to http://arkansasrazorbacks.com/fls/6100/branding2014/ how on earth is our primary logo a different color than our secondary logo.  Honestly I could care less about how we look as long as we win, but from a branding standpoint we need to declare a color.  It makes no sense to me how Razorback unis will look maroon on tv, and red in pictures.

I guess I dont see, at least in the link provided, where there was a difference in the colors.

Maybe I am missing something.

bp

alwaysondbigscreen

am i the only one that thought the new  front on looking logo looked a lot like the asu red wolf logo at first glance?
Im defiantly of the don't like group.
some say he's a cia experiment gone wrong

immahog

im ok with em I think they will grow on us just wish we didnt change every other year....but at this point I just wanna win WPS
No lions No tigers No bears.....ImmaHog

HogCommander

Quote from: BorderPatrol on April 22, 2014, 07:13:48 am
I guess I dont see, at least in the link provided, where there was a difference in the colors.

Maybe I am missing something.

bp

Click on logos.  The primary logo is different from the secondary logo.  Like I said before I don't care what we look like as long as we win.  But when ppl are being paid to do this it should be done professionally.  Amazes me how almost every other school is able to get it right, we screw with this every two years, and get it wrong almost every time. 

rljjr

Quote from: RNHog on April 22, 2014, 03:17:45 am
It's a good thing you're just another whiney fan behind the computer on hogville. I am sure the university could give two craps and a screw what you think anyway.

If you think it's bad in here, go out to Facebook where the non-Hogville audience is discussing this.

HF#1

Logo's and uniforms don't win games.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

HogCommander

Quote from: rljjr on April 22, 2014, 07:29:18 am
If you think it's bad in here, go out to Facebook where the non-Hogville audience is discussing this.

It is all over facebook.  You would think they would do fan surveys or something before they go forward with all this stuff.

HF#1

Quote from: HogCommander on April 22, 2014, 07:44:44 am

It is all over facebook.  You would think they would do fan surveys or something before they go forward with all this stuff.

Do they consult with fans before making other decisions?  If you are running a program and you want to run it right, you don't consult with fans.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

DeltaBoy

I don't care anymore they are changing too much and I can not afford to buy a new hog wardrobe every other change. 
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.