Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Uniforms

Started by HogWildBison2011, April 21, 2014, 08:25:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Soooie21

If I had to pick...the Jones, Mcfadden would be it...but you have to go with the times...these are clean looking..and no grey...

King TUSKankahamun

Quote from: Lysol on April 21, 2014, 09:18:13 pm
Any names for the new hog yet?

UU just put this on face book. Obv we have to call it Hakuna Matata Hog

[attachment deleted by admin]
Self proclaimed dead King of Hogville

Lysol

We win 10 games this year then those are the prettiest uni's I've seen in a long while

hoghearted

Quote from: collegestationhog on April 21, 2014, 08:38:13 pm
I like them, but why no grey uniforms for football. Why only BBall

I know I am in the minority, but I really liked the all gray look.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: King TUSKankahamun on April 21, 2014, 09:27:26 pm

Ha! Excellent.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Soooie21

I like the red cow..

The Boar War

Quote from: Blutoblutarsky on April 21, 2014, 08:36:12 pm
Not sure about the shoulders again.

I agree.  Overall I like the new uniforms.  I'm sure some think the shoulders look great.  I just don't understand the need to put random shapes in odd places.  Still I have to agree that it's a better look.

Ray Zorback_1*

Most important part of the new look, In my not so humble O.

Old Vs New.

Clean Branding.

King TUSKankahamun

Quote from: hoghearted on April 21, 2014, 09:28:23 pm
I know I am in the minority, but I really liked the all gray look.

I'm with you. The antricite with the Cardinal accents was one of the sharpest uniform color combinations I've seen in past years (I still only like it as an alternate) hate that we are going to miss them this year. Here's hoping that the qoute only said gray and left out black for a reason
Self proclaimed dead King of Hogville

gchamblee

i really like all of it. i think they did a fantastic job. for those that dont like it, i respect your opinion and im sorry that you were disappointed.

Ray Piggers

I'm basically Darkwing Duck

hoghearted

Quote from: gchamblee on April 21, 2014, 09:32:28 pm
i really like all of it. i think they did a fantastic job. for those that dont like it, i respect your opinion and im sorry that you were disappointed.

Maturity? On this board? Shut the front door! ;)
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

arkansastrack

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on April 21, 2014, 09:24:07 pm
Now . . . here's a reaction from the "old fogey, traditionalist" sector . . .

Basically, I'm OK with the new uni's EXCEPT for the white helmet, which I'm sure I remember Bielema saying were out; guess he got over-ruled.  Otherwise, not bad.

I do notice that none of the pictures have the back of the red helmet.  The while helmet shown from the rear does NOT have the "fade", so I hope the red helmets don't as well.

If I were the "king of design", I'd have a few changes - but there is nothing about the new uni's (as far as I can tell) that I can't live with.  I'm resigned to the fact that we will - occasionally - wear black/grey/whatever.  Seems like virtually all college teams have alternates they wear maybe once a year.  I don't like it but I can live with it so long as that's all it is - an occasional alternate.  I guess we'll see soon enough.

If there is an alternate uniform you of all people will love it...:)

SONofHAM

"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

ricepig

Quote from: King TUSKankahamun on April 21, 2014, 09:31:47 pm
I'm with you. The antricite with the Cardinal accents was one of the sharpest uniform color combinations I've seen in past years (I still only like it as an alternate) hate that we are going to miss them this year. Here's hoping that the qoute only said gray and left out black for a reason

It's up to the head Hog if we have anthracite football uniforms for 2015, it's Bielema's call.

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on April 21, 2014, 09:28:26 pm
Ha! Excellent.

Channel 8 just said we are up in arms over the new secondary logo, details at 10:00, Rickerts is all over it, haha.

PorkRinds

Tequilin' Time

BorderPatrol

Quote from: ricepig on April 21, 2014, 09:35:23 pm
It's up to the head Hog if we have anthracite football uniforms for 2015, it's Bielema's call.

Good. I hope he chooses to wear them, um, in that one game.

bp

hobhog

Quote from: King TUSKankahamun on April 21, 2014, 09:07:26 pm
Seems to be somewhat evenly split among older fans and younger fans. I figured 50% give or take 10% either way was fairer

95% of older fans don't get on message boards....

FreshHog

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on April 21, 2014, 09:09:15 pm
I wasn't even replying to you, let it go, Newman.

Says the guy with 5,744 posts.

razorbacker3

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on April 21, 2014, 08:49:35 pm
Duh...surely Nike could have come up with something better. Yes, still a Hog, but still very similar to the Red Wolves logo.

Other than the red color outlined in black and forward facing, I see no other similarities. Just saying

Melorock089

My only complaints are the white helmet and the shade of the red looks strange, maybe it's just the lighting.

They're sharp and bold, well done.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: ricepig on April 21, 2014, 09:36:54 pm
Channel 8 just said we are up in arms over the new secondary logo, details at 10:00, Rickerts is all over it, haha.

You can bet It'll be the lead story, right before the in-depth expose on malfeasance in the Lawrence County 4-H program.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: FreshHog on April 21, 2014, 09:41:18 pm
Says the guy with 5,744 posts.
Yep...and don't you forget it....17. ;)

jkstock04

Are they serious with that new logo? I won't be buying anything with that goofy lookin thing on there...that is worse than the popcorn hog to me.

Everything else I liked though...overall design of the uniforms I think looks cool.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

ricepig

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on April 21, 2014, 09:45:16 pm
You can bet It'll be the lead story, right before the in-depth expose on malfeasance in the Lawrence County 4-H program.

+1000, haha

ricepig

Quote from: jkstock04 on April 21, 2014, 09:48:16 pm
Are they serious with that new logo? I won't be buying anything with that goofy lookin thing on there...that is worse than the popcorn hog to me.

Everything else I liked though...overall design of the uniforms I think looks cool.

It's ok, but I don't see me buying a hat or shirt with it on it, looks to small.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Zen_Hog on April 21, 2014, 08:40:20 pm
Would rather have it say ARKANSAS on the home jersey but they look clean.

I like it the way it is. Reminds me of Pro baseball unis...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

WizardofhOgZ

April 21, 2014, 09:51:50 pm #130 Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 08:58:51 am by WizardofhOgZ
Quote from: HogWildBison2011 on April 21, 2014, 09:27:09 pm
Ha should have read before I posted. +1

Looking at the time of your respective posts, you were likely typing as he was posting - literally.  Can't help that type of thing.

Appreciate that nugget of info from both of you, by the way.  But I have no illusions that it won't come out again.  Like I said, I'd prefer it not, but I'm resigned to it and understand.

hobhog

Doubt the secondary logo lasts.

Football red unis ok. White helmets suck. All other sports look fine other than gray basketball.

I can live with it.

Thank gawd no anthracite football uniforms. I'll send thank you notes to Long and coach B.

Razor6

Great marketing!  Well done!  Go Hogs!
I was there when we melted the internet!  Were you?

Arkiehawg (kingfish0318)

April 21, 2014, 09:59:36 pm #133 Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 10:31:04 pm by Arkiehawg (kingfish0318)
Quote from: King TUSKankahamun on April 21, 2014, 09:27:26 pm

[attachment deleted by admin]
"I hope we get nuked somewhere big, and soon.  LA would be a good place, as is S.F."-  Silver (Swiss) Hog 4/6/10

WizardofhOgZ

I must also say this . . . and as I do so, I know the 20-35 year old crowd is literally laughing out loud at me.  I know, because if I'm being honest, my 25 year old self probably would have done the same thing under similar circumstances.

That said, it is somewhat unnerving to someone of my age, who has followed Arkansas passionately for 50 years, to watch these Nike videos and watch/listen to people 25-30 years old talk about what influences they used to create a new look for us.  If I'm being honest, I'm thinking that none of them give a "darn" about Arkansas or our tradition.  it's a JOB for them and they are also working on Illinois and FSU doing much the same thing . . . and next year it'll be some other schools they be blathering about capturing the tradition of.

I'll give you one example in particular . . . the young woman who talked about "the Hog on the helmet . . . keeping it satin red . . . the iconic brand".  Well, the red helmet with the white hog IS iconic.  But the satin finish is two years old.  Nothing "iconic" about that.  While I was interested in watching the videos, they did nothing to make me feel this was a "labor of love" with real care for our tradition.  it was just a class in branding 101 for these young folks and we were - pardon the pun - their guinea pigs.  They actually came out all right (as I stated above), but that's my honest feeling about it.

And those of you who are laughing - and I'm sure there are some - well, all I can say is you won't know how you'll react for another 30 years or so.  Maybe it won't matter at all to you, and the world will be a lot different then anyhow.  Who knows if football will even still be around?  But just know that the intellectual is one thing, but the actual experience is another.

ALL of that said - Go Hogs!

Soooie21

Funny, separated at birth....I like that..

rljjr

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on April 21, 2014, 09:59:46 pm
I must also say this . . . and as I do so, I know the 20-35 year old crowd is literally laughing out loud at me.  I know, because if I'm being honest, my 25 year old self probably would have done the same thing under similar circumstances.

That said, it is somewhat unnerving to someone of my age, who has followed Arkansas passionately for 50 years, to watch these Nike videos and watch/listen to people 25-30 years old talk about what influences they used to create a new look for us.  If I'm being honest, I'm thinking that none of them give a "darn" about Arkansas or our tradition.  it's a JOB for them and they are also working on Illinois and FSU doing much the same thing . . . and next year it'll be some other schools they be blathering about capturing the tradition of.

I'll give you one example in particular . . . the young woman who talked about "the Hog on the helmet . . . keeping it satin red . . . the iconic brand".  Well, the red helmet with the white hog IS iconic.  But the satin finish is two years old.  Nothing "iconic" about that.  While I was interested in watching the videos, they did nothing to make me feel this was a "labor of love" with real care for our tradition.  it was just a class in branding 101 for these young folks and we were - pardon the pun - their guinea pigs.  They actually came out all right (as I stated above), but that's my honest feeling about it.

And those of you who are laughing - and I'm sure there are some - well, all I can say is you won't know how you'll react for another 30 years or so.  Maybe it won't matter at all to you, and the world will be a lot different then anyhow.  Who knows if football will even still be around?  But just know that the intellectual is one thing, but the actual experience is another.

ALL of that said - Go Hogs!

Well said.

Call a Hog

The uniforms look fine.

go hogues

Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

Mike Irwin

The secondary logo is so small on the uniforms you have to be standing next to a player to notice it.

Don't like it but as long as you can't see it who cares?

BTW J-Will likes it. A lot. He matters. I don't.

Soooie21

All I can say is the more beers I drink the better it looks..just be drunk as shxt on game day..

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Mike Irwin on April 21, 2014, 10:10:00 pm
The secondary logo is so small on the uniforms you have to be standing next to a player to notice it.

Don't like it but as long as it your can't see it who cares?

BTW J-Will likes it. A lot. He matters. I don't.

Wonder if he'd actually buy something with the secondary logo?
Ha!

Wildhog

So, are we set on Klingon Hog?  Because I am.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Wildhog on April 21, 2014, 10:15:43 pm
So, are we set on Klingon Hog?  Because I am.

Yep. Go with that.

cosmodrum

Quote from: Blutoblutarsky on April 21, 2014, 08:36:12 pm
Not sure about the shoulders again.

Don't like the little tusks or whatever but otherwise I like it.
Go away, batin'

LZH

Quote from: Lysol on April 21, 2014, 09:18:13 pm
Any names for the new hog yet?

Grumpy.

I don't see a whole lot of difference in those and what we've already been wearing.  It would tickle me to see us go a little more toward the traditional route and not chase these fads, but I like them OK.

TomasPistola

Just bought a shirt with the new hog on it. I like it. No popcorn thank goodness.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: TomasPistola on April 21, 2014, 10:22:33 pm
Just bought a shirt with the new hog on it. I like it. No popcorn thank goodness.
post a pic....how's it look?

The Boar War

Quote from: LedZepHog on April 21, 2014, 10:18:42 pm
I don't see a whole lot of difference in those and what we've already been wearing. 

And for me that's something to be happy about in and of itself.  I get nervous when conceptual artists are involved.  I was half expecting the uniform to come away with a patch that looked like a pig's tail.