Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Non-Gym workouts

Started by hawgrunner, March 18, 2020, 09:09:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgrunner

With Gyms closed now, what are you folks doing for your workouts?

McKdaddy

Riding the bike, HR.
I also have a set of adjustable dumbbells by Bowflex I'm using for lower and upper body workouts.
Lastly, I do some core exercises on the living room floor.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

hawgrunner

Quote from: McKdaddy on March 18, 2020, 09:24:56 pm
Riding the bike, HR.

Same here for the bike but we are have a lot of rain as of late so having hard time getting out.

Buff

I have a Rogue Echo Bike at home.  Also have a pullup/dip station, resistance bands, and a cheap bowflex I was given by one of Dad's real estate clients that didn't want to move it.  I'm lucky to have an acre and a half around the house that I can run laps around when it's dry.

GolfNut57

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Ragnar Hogbrok

My wife and I have walked so far....so far....since this all began.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

Buff

I.... found.... a tractor tire that a gym left outside.  I'll take it back in a few weeks when they hopefully open back up.  Now I can sprint one way with a speed sled, flip the tire back to where I started, and then wrap a tow strap around the tire and then pull it back to the sled.  Rinse, wash, repeat, die.

Ragnar Hogbrok

I broke down and ordered a Total Gym yesterday.

Body weight floor exercises became so mundane I had to do something.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Cotton

12oz curls and fornicating
"Who got a Scantron for Ryan Mallet?"  - Ryan Mallet, 2009

Razorbacks in Mexico

Ponderin' SUX

hawgrunner

Cali gyms open for a few weeks, got a few workout's in then closed again yesterday.  >:(

Dr. Starcs

I've really lost my energy and motivation to workout since starting back at work.

Does anyone have any good home Bodyweight workouts (Low impact) to ease me back in to the groove?

hawgrunner

Quote from: hawgrunner on July 14, 2020, 03:03:43 pm
Cali gyms open for a few weeks, got a few workout's in then closed again yesterday.  >:(

Closed yet again after open for about a month and a half. But the difference now is my home gym in the garage is almost complete! 8)

Hogberry Snortcake

Due to nature of the work, we have a great gym at my office.  They reopened a couple months ago.  I'm dying to go.  I can feel myself atrophying.  But it just seems a stupid way to get the 'Rona.  Every time I've had a cold or flu since adulthood, I could trace it to the gym most likely. 

I'm just running at home, sprinting with the dog in the soccer field down the street, and using the playground equipment (no kids at the school) for pullups and dips, etc. 

nationwish

You can find some great workouts on Instagram, of all places, along with YouTube. You can also find some really terrible ones from wannabe influencers, so try to have some knowledge going into it.

McKdaddy

Apple Fitness has been okay so far. My wife has some underlying conditions so she prefers we not go to our gym, so Apple Fitness has been a decent alternative.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Pork Ranger

There's a lot one can do with just body weight. I do a pretty even balance of body weight exercises, running and weight lifting. Push-ups, pull ups, squats, 4 count flutter kicks, dips, etc. You don't need weights to get in shape or add mass for the most part. But you do have to do a darn ton of reps.

Hershel Walker sat in front of his tv as a boy and would grind out 700 push-ups and sit ups