Mitchell

Started by slopinhogs, August 06, 2007, 05:38:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

slopinhogs

what are our chances of getting this kid? :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

mj4president

Mitchell? Could we have some more info?
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

Hawgballz

Quote from: mj4president on August 06, 2007, 06:12:12 pm

I believe Charles Mitchell is who he is talking about.  I believe he is a Alabama lean at this point, but still open.  The bigger question may be will he be able to qualify.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=59860
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

mj4president

I wish we could land him. Did he make the camp?
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

gohawgsgo

August 06, 2007, 09:34:08 pm #4 Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 09:38:44 pm by gohawgsgo
Quote from: Hawgballz on August 06, 2007, 06:20:29 pm

I believe Charles Mitchell is who he is talking about.  I believe he is a Alabama lean at this point, but still open.  The bigger question may be will he be able to qualify.

Forty time a little concerning as well.  Mighta been something funny though, but I have heard that is a concern as well as grades.  You are correct that grades are a concern though.

HoopHog

August 06, 2007, 09:38:32 pm #5 Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 10:26:54 pm by HoopHog

Not quite. 

When you see a prospect who is a Rivals 100 and 7th rated cornerback (probably one of the highest premium positions:  i.e. the higher the ranking, the clearer the skill level and higher the stock of the player) but is only holding 2 scholarship offers, what does that tell you?  A kid of this stature is normally wading through 15, 20, 25 to 30 scholarships at this time.  But, this is not the case for Mitchell.  What does this mean?

Mitchell has offers from the two state schools.  At the same time. Mitchell has a 2.8 GPA and a 16 on his ACT -- not dismal.  So, apparently he isn't being written off to be JUCO bound (although he does need to improve his ACT score).  For some reason schools are being very tentative and saving their scholarships offers.  Why?

The second theory?  Clarksdale has been a pipeline to the Ole Miss campus.  Just like the situation surrounding Peyton Hillis' recruitment, many schools backed away because they thought it was a waste of time to pursue a candidate that was perceived to be a lock for the U of A.  Well, the same is true for a prospect out of Clarksdale HS.  Bama and LSU are making a push, but it is also important to note that neither has extended an offer -- which is curious.  It looks like Mitchell is actually a lean toward Ole Miss and Ed Orgeron (following the footsteps of other great players from Clarksdale).

Nonetheless, for hard core recruitniks, Mitchell's recruitment is going to be a fun one to watch because it will probably heat up considerably when his senior season ends.  Hopefully, Arkansas will be able to get in on this action, but NOW is the time to lay the groundwork.

cbjagman

Well if Saban really wants the young man Nick will get him. Poor Houston trying to run in place while NS just runs him in circles.

gohawgsgo

Quote from: cbjagman on August 06, 2007, 09:44:24 pm
Well if Saban really wants the young man Nick will get him. Poor Houston trying to run in place while NS just runs him in circles.

We got two good CB's already and may be in good shape for a third.  We will be fine at corner.  If Orgeron keeps having these highly rated recruiting classes, Ole Miss may never beat us again. LOL  That being said I sure hope we get Mitchell if we are after him.  He would definitely help our star count on what is turning out to be a great year!

Hawgballz

Quote from: HoopHog on August 06, 2007, 09:38:32 pm

Not quite. 

When you see a prospect who is a Rivals 100 and 7th rated cornerback (probably one of the highest premium positions:  i.e. the higher the ranking, the clearer the skill level and higher the stock of the player) but is only holding 2 scholarship offers, what does that tell you?  A kid of this stature is normally wading through 15, 20, 25 to 30 scholarships at this time.  But, this is not the case for Mitchell.  What does this mean?

Mitchell has offers from the two state schools.  At the same time. Mitchell has a 2.8 GPA and a 16 on his ACT -- not dismal.  So, apparently he isn't being written off to be JUCO bound (although he does need to improve his ACT score).  For some reason schools are being very tentative and saving their scholarships offers.  Why?

The second theory?  Clarksdale has been a pipeline to the Ole Miss campus.  Just like the situation surrounding Peyton Hillis' recruitment, many schools backed away because they thought it was a waste of time to pursue a candidate that was perceived to be a lock for the U of A.  Well, the same is true for a prospect out of Clarksdale HS.  Bama and LSU are making a push, but it is also important to note that neither has extended an offer -- which is curious.  It looks like Metcalf is actually a lean toward Ole Miss and Ed Orgeron (following the footsteps of other great players from Clarksdale).

Nonetheless, for hard core recruitniks, Metcalf's recruitment is going to be a fun one to watch because it will probably heat up considerably when his senior season ends.  Hopefully, Arkansas will be able to get in on this action, but NOW is the time to lay the groundwork.

Who is Metcalf?  or are you meaning Mitchell?
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

HoopHog

Quote from: Hawgballz on August 06, 2007, 10:06:19 pm
Quote from: HoopHog on August 06, 2007, 09:38:32 pm

Not quite. 

The second theory?  Clarksdale has been a pipeline to the Ole Miss campus.  Just like the situation surrounding Peyton Hillis' recruitment, many schools backed away because they thought it was a waste of time to pursue a candidate that was perceived to be a lock for the U of A.  Well, the same is true for a prospect out of Clarksdale HS.  Bama and LSU are making a push, but it is also important to note that neither has extended an offer -- which is curious.  It looks like Metcalf is actually a lean toward Ole Miss and Ed Orgeron (following the footsteps of other great players from Clarksdale).

Nonetheless, for hard core recruitniks, Metcalf's recruitment is going to be a fun one to watch because it will probably heat up considerably when his senior season ends.  Hopefully, Arkansas will be able to get in on this action, but NOW is the time to lay the groundwork.

Who is Metcalf?  or are you meaning Mitchell?

Ooops...corrected.

J.A.Y.

Hoop, whats up with the 40? I know he has initial speed, but the 40 time overall raises eyebrows as well.
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

gohawgsgo

Quote from: J.A.Y. on August 07, 2007, 09:04:31 am
Hoop, whats up with the 40? I know he has initial speed, but the 40 time overall raises eyebrows as well.

I agree.  I mentioned that above too.  I'd love to have him though.  We could use some Mississippi kids.  Emanuel Smith is the last one I remember that we've gotten.