Madison-Will Play/Nickleback Eventually
Oxner-Redshirt
Richardson-Will Play/Eventually Start at DS
Tejada-Will Start at PK
Tuck-Redshirt
Williams-Will Play

What does everyone else think?

hawgtime

Does anybody have the entire list of 2007 commits and can list who will redshirt and who didn't make it to campus?  That to me is the indicator of the classes quality.

if you take the number of guys who will actually play the first year and divide it by the total number of commits it will give you the percentage of quality players that will improve our team this year. 

For us we need to have the percent be large, for a team that is loaded it will be lower.  if ours is lower and we ARE NOT LOADED, that means that Nutt failed in the recruiting department because if he isn't recruiting players that will come in and play then he is NOT IMPROVING THE TEAM.  if it takes them longer to contribute that would be because we are loaded (NOT!) or he is not getting quality players.

thoughts?

aaron_c

I think there are several players that will play as freshmen.  the QB's I'm not sure of, but I think the majority of the WR's we have recruited will play somewhere, and most of the defensive players.  I'd say we'll have a freshman RB also playing.

Tomhog™

Quote from: hawgtime on August 03, 2007, 10:25:36 am
Does anybody have the entire list of 2007 commits and can list who will redshirt and who didn't make it to campus?  That to me is the indicator of the classes quality.

View my stickied thread above for all info but redshirting.  Even the coaches don't know who is going to NOT redshirt outside of Jermaine Love, Kareem Crowell, and Alex Tejada.  I think the others that will NOT redshirt with these 3 are DJ Williams, Seth Oxner, Demario Ambrose, and maybe Bret Harris.

jpenrod1

Williams will start a game before the season is over. Hillis will get hurt and Williams will start.

Hawgvillain

August 03, 2007, 10:38:11 am #6 Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 10:44:00 am by Hawgvillain
I'm not sure about the '07 class but I remember having a few discussions about how the '06 class was the first one that we could remember in a while where the Hogs actually redshirted some good players.  Maybe someone can list all the guys from the '06 class that redshirted that will have an impact this season - I know there are several. 

It pains me to say it because I'm not an HDN fan, but the talent level at the UofA is certainly on the rise.  And, if the '08 class is any indication, it appears to be continuing...

ListenHereMister

The 06 Group That Redshirted Was:
Norman-Gone
Broadway-Should Play this year
Dominguez-Should Play this year
Chip Gregory-#2 on Depth Chart
Jim Hart
Demarcus Love
Ryan Powers-Starting OLB
Carlton Satlers-???  3rd String??
Did Donnell Sanders Redshirt?
Van Stuman
Marques Wade-will be 2nd string this year
John West-trasnferred
Toriann Wilkins-behind Michael Smith on Depth Chart

cardinalhawg

I would be able to evaluate each player, but Harris may end up playing to add depth to the secondary, and it will be interesting in regards to the QB situation.  I was figuring that Nathan Dick would be the backup, but Chaisson might be the backup due to him providing more speed than the Dick brothers, allowing him to be used in certain situations.  Due to lack of QB depth, both may end seeing playing time, but I hope one of them will be redshirted.  One of them might even be the starting QB at some point during the season, especially if an injury occurs.

If he qualifies, Barnett would probably be utilized in some role.

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

Jerry Franklin and Bret Smith may see time at safety.  Wood is a senior, but he is too slow.  He would give up a touchdown everytime he filled in for Grant it seemed, So I see at least one of our incoming safeties to see significant playing time as the year goes on and they learn the system.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Hawgballz

Quote from: Tomcat on August 03, 2007, 10:35:36 am
Quote from: hawgtime on August 03, 2007, 10:25:36 am

View my stickied thread above for all info but redshirting.  Even the coaches don't know who is going to NOT redshirt outside of Jermaine Love, Kareem Crowell, and Alex Tejada.  I think the others that will NOT redshirt with these 3 are DJ Williams, Seth Oxner, Demario Ambrose, and maybe Bret Harris.

Oxner will redshirt due to a knee injury (torn ligament playing pickup basketball) unless he has had a miracle recovery.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

ListenHereMister

Do you think Percy Harvin would have scored on that long
touchdown if Michael Grant had been playing?

Surely, Bowe and Doucet(LSU) would not have been as
successful if Grant were playing?

Yet another reason why you have to have QUALITY
Depth in the SEC.
I think we are making great strides, however.

Happy Hogger

Oxner is scheduled to practice, so it appears his recovery is ahead of normal.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: raginwildfire on August 03, 2007, 12:29:41 pm
Did Andrew Normant leave the team?  Where did he go?

Looks like he's going to Tulsa!   Nice pic!
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

Realist

I don't think there is any way Bequette plays.
Ambrose
Crowell
Tejada
DJ Williams
If Joe Chaisson can handle the hits he will play
One DB will play, others RS.  

Those are the definites to me

pcrouch3809

I think Leandre will definitely see the field this season.  He might be our starter at SS next season.  Matt Harris is listed #2 at SS, so he would maybe start if Leandre doesn't next season.  Is Harris any good? 

ListenHereMister

We have 2 Harris at Safety.
Matt Harris is a Redshirt Sophmore??
Brett Harris is a True Freshman who may or may not Redshirt.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: raginwildfire on August 03, 2007, 01:45:32 pm
Deanthony Curtis the heir apparent to Mcfadden????

Good chance...

All-purpose back
Camden (AR) Fairview

Ht: 5-foot-10
Wt: 209 lbs
Forty: 4.41 secs
Bench max: 310 pounds
Bench reps: 22
Squat max: 430 pounds
Vertical: 35 inches
Shuttle: 4.19 secs
GPA: 3.1
Class: 2008 (High School)

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=61170&sport=1
We don't rent pigs

Wayne Watson

Quote from: raginwildfire on August 03, 2007, 01:57:54 pm
Just seen Devin Thomas committed... background on him???

Not much out there but go here and click on his name (in orange)

http://slog.cstv.com/hodgereport_fb/2007/07/razorbacks_gain_rb_devin_thoma.html#
We don't rent pigs

Hawgballz

Quote from: Tomcat on August 03, 2007, 01:25:23 pm
Quote from: Happy Hogger on August 03, 2007, 12:22:39 pm
Oxner is scheduled to practice, so it appears his recovery is ahead of normal.

That's what I've heard

That is great news.  The last I had heard he would be sitting out this season (redshirting) while the knee got stronger.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

hog37

Bequette is a guarentee to redshirt.

TMc

I bet Jerry Franklin plays.., maybe Patrick Jones if he's ready.. not sure about the rest.  Jerry Franklin is a man.