These were by position, the other players rated were:
OT-#26 M Hall

RB-#26 D Thomas

WR-#25 J Wright, #80 Childs, #84 C Williams

DT-#38 Askew

MLB-#33 Jelani Smith

CB-#39 M Robinson, #51 Okpara

Adam Stokes

I don't understand, all these rankings had already been giving out.  I had made a list of the players and their rankings before Rivals updates on Monday so I could compare them before and after, but these are the same rankings as I made a week ago.  Youngblood was already the #5 Dual-threat and Pick #10, and so on.

jr

Didn't mean to repost old info, I didn't see your post. just info.

Adam Stokes

No I hadn't posted anything, I thought you were just posting some updated rankings, sorry.  But after the rankings come out I will show how much each player moved up/down and the star comparison. 

Some guys to look at will be:

Austin Eoff OL(OG)
6-5   308   5.32   5.4   NR   Fort Smith, AR

Chris Gragg  WR    
6-3   195   4.6   -   NR   Warren, AR

Basmine Jones  (O)LB    
6-0   195   4.51   5.4    NR   Warren, AR

Thomas Shuler  RB    
6-0   230   4.57   5.2   NR   Orlando, FL

Justin Smith  DE(S)    
6-3   256   4.88   5.4    NR   Alpharetta, GA

All these guys have not been rated among other players at their positions, they have simply been given stars based on the offer list.  Look for almost all of these guys to be three stars come update time.

jr

I left off K Battle they have him listed at safety #44. At the end of the HS season ratings will change quite abit based upon players performance.

PhillyHog

Winston Guy is another one whose stock could rise significantly.

Though he has been putting up gaudy numbers at camps and is ranked the #6 in Kentucky, he only had 33 tackles last season.  If he can improve this number to 60+, he could also move up.

Hogstocking

?  These are the current rankings, which are over 2 months old

PhillyHog

Quote from: Hogstocking on August 03, 2007, 10:01:22 am

Rivals is updating on Monday.

Hogstocking

August 03, 2007, 10:09:06 am #9 Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 10:10:37 am by Hogstocking
Quote from: PhillyHog on August 03, 2007, 10:05:41 am

I know, I thought he had an inside scoop on the new rankings (the title of this thread is misleading).

Lanlord

Quote from: Hogstocking on August 03, 2007, 10:09:06 am
Quote from: PhillyHog on August 03, 2007, 10:05:41 am

I know, I thought he had an inside scoop on the new rankings (the title of this thread is misleading).

Doesn't appear misleading to me.  These are Rivals rankings at this time.

hawgtime

are those rankings for the entire us?  i.e. if pick is #10 does that mean that he is the 10th bes QB in the entire us?

help... i didn't think he was that good.

Hamuel L. Jackson

August 03, 2007, 10:23:17 am #12 Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 10:26:32 am by Hamuel L. Jackson
Quote from: hawgtime on August 03, 2007, 10:20:52 am
are those rankings for the entire us?  i.e. if pick is #10 does that mean that he is the 10th bes QB in the entire us?

Yes.  Pick is ranked as the #10 Dual-threat QB Nationally.  Not #10 overall (which includes pro-style QBs), but for Dual Threats.

This was according to Rivals' last update, which was made on 6/13/07.  They are updating them again this Monday.
"Whenever I'm asked why Southern writers particularly have a penchant for writing about freaks, I say it is because we are still able to recognize one." --Flannery O'Connor

jr

Hey everyone I am not trying to mislead anybody. I am sure a lot of people are just like me, they have a job and other obligations. I can't check this message board everyday, what is new news to me may be old news to you sorry if I stepped on you just trying to share info.

Realist

You have to think with his offers, Shuler will sky rocket

Adam Stokes

Quote from: hawgtime on August 03, 2007, 10:20:52 am

Rivals tends to favor Pro-Stlye Qb's than Dual-Threat QB's when it comes to rankings, simply because pro-style put up better passing numbers.  This year there are currently 8 pro-style with 4 stars and up while only 3 dual-threat with four stars and up.  So Kale Pick isn't exactly the #10 QB in the nation, but is more in the 24-30 range, while Youngblood is in the 12-18 range.  Alot will change when they update the rankins Monday and they all still hve their senior seasons in front of them.

jackflash

I would like their ranking to stay where are until we get them signed and own campus. The higher they go the more some else might want them

Anon2

May have already been posted.  (0) 5 stars, (3) 4 stars, and (11) 3 stars.

Mr. Perfect

It's going to be a top15 class after reevaluations.
David Lee has been a huge asset in recruiting.

Boog41

Quote from: Mr. Perfect on August 06, 2007, 07:17:48 pm
It's going to be a top15 class after reevaluations.
David Lee has been a huge asset in recruiting.

I hope you are right, but the trouble is everyone's classes will get re-evaluated. I can't help but feel like when the other schools quantity catch up with ours, that we will drop to our normal level.

1longshot

no matter what the final ranking of this class if everyone is eligible and we don't waste the remaining spots this is certainly not the normal recruiting class that we've all become accustomed to around the razorback nation

gohawgsgo

Only the top 100 has been revised.  The other rankings will be revised later.  Fairly soon.

forttownpimp

Will somebody please update me on who McGuffie is?  I don't believe I've heard that name.  New commit I hope?  It's been a few days since I've been able to check out the site.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: forttownpimp on August 07, 2007, 08:27:44 am
Will somebody please update me on who McGuffie is?  I don't believe I've heard that name.  New commit I hope?  It's been a few days since I've been able to check out the site.

Sam McGuffie is the number 1 All-purpose back in the nation.  Before Deanthony Curtis (#2 APB) commited we were very high on his list.  McGuffie has the sickest video I've seen out of the 2008 class.  Once we took Curtis his is bigger and stronger (IMO) but not exactly as athletic, McGuffie cut his his list down to Texas A&M and Michigan.  While we are disappointed we didn't get him I think most on here would've wanted Deanthony just because he is from the state and I personally think would fit better in our system.

Pork Twain

Quote from: jr on August 03, 2007, 10:23:28 am
Hey everyone I am not trying to mislead anybody. I am sure a lot of people are just like me, they have a job and other obligations. I can't check this message board everyday, what is new news to me may be old news to you sorry if I stepped on you just trying to share info.
Keep posting and ignore the jerks.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/