Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RECRUITING : Texas RB chooses Arkansas

Started by Tomhog™, August 01, 2007, 08:37:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomhog™

link

I'm exciting to have a TX running back that we actually beat out the #2 school in Texas for.  It's a guarantee that this one will qualify and not a question mark like all the 2007 RB's turned out to be.  I'm glad to have him on board!

FBPLAYER65

August 01, 2007, 12:33:31 pm #1 Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 12:37:12 pm by FBPLAYER65
I hope he turns out great. I have my doubts about RB's without big time offers though. aTm didn't really offer from the looks of it. RB is usually the easiest position to project. Hopefully this isn't Korey Sutton all over again. We need two backs that are ready to come in and play immediately next year.

Hamuel L. Jackson

August 01, 2007, 01:52:12 pm #2 Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 02:00:29 pm by Hamuel L. Jackson
A & M offered Thomas as a Junior before the 2007 signing day was over, per the free scout article below (scroll down to the Madison High School section)

http://stanford.scout.com/2/642073.html
"Whenever I'm asked why Southern writers particularly have a penchant for writing about freaks, I say it is because we are still able to recognize one." --Flannery O'Connor

FBPLAYER65

I'm hearing that if he would have tried to commit to aTm an offer would not have been on the table.

GalaHawg

Quote from: FBPLAYER65 on August 01, 2007, 02:12:54 pm
I'm hearing that if he would have tried to commit to aTm an offer would not have been on the table.

That may have been the case before McGuffie opted for Meeechigan --- if you look at TAMU's rivals prospects - there is no one left on their list that is ranked higher than DT as a true RB other than Cyrus Gray (who has a ton of other offers) and they are yet to sign a RB this year - so I doubt DT's TAMU offer was still conditional after Sam McGuffie's commitment.

RazorBloggin30

should be a loaded backfield even after dmac and felix are gone

;D

killamon

Quote from: GalaHawg on August 01, 2007, 05:27:24 pm

That may have been the case before McGuffie opted for Meeechigan --- if you look at TAMU's rivals prospects - there is no one left on their list that is ranked higher than DT as a true RB other than Cyrus Gray (who has a ton of other offers) and they are yet to sign a RB this year - so I doubt DT's TAMU offer was still conditional after Sam McGuffie's commitment.

Galahawg, is that Dmac's new tat???

351hog

Quote from: killamon on August 01, 2007, 08:01:45 pm
Quote from: GalaHawg on August 01, 2007, 05:27:24 pm

Galahawg, is that Dmac's new tat???

Yep....ARKANASAS BRED

Shocktheman