Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adrian Campbell fails to qualify

Started by FBPLAYER65, July 31, 2007, 04:51:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

COCHISE

Wow!!  Arkansas Baptist is going to be loaded this year......lol

Notorious H.O.G

Huge loss...I dunno if he'd played but he was a HUGE bodied kid w/potential...this sucks.

Adam Stokes

Hopefully Patrick Jones will be able to pic up the slack seeing as Crowell has been experimented at the OL lately.

FBPLAYER65

Last years class could hurt us big on down the line. You can't count on either Franklin or Harris ever making it in. I expected Campbell to be a stud at DT eventually. He is listed on the roster with a number on Hogwired slated to play DE but Dudley just reported on the radio he didn't make it in.

piggingout

SoTexHog

what does it take to make into D1 football and how did he fail to qualify?  he was one of better ones in this class.  guess a bad class has now gone to really bad.

The Coletrain

Quote from: SoTexHog on July 31, 2007, 05:33:11 pm
what does it take to make into D1 football and how did he fail to qualify?  he was one of better ones in this class.  guess a bad class has now gone to really bad.

Each school and each conference have their own qualifications as well as the normal mandates by the NCAA.  It's not easy getting into Arkansas and playing in the SEC.  We're not having to recruit Ivy Leaguers mind you, but it's tougher to get into Arkansas than let's say Tulsa. 
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

FBPLAYER65

18 on the ACT=very easy. No excuses for not getting into Arkansas.

The Coletrain

Incidentally, this is a big a loss.  Tough to replace a guy of his size/speed combo.  It may not hurt us as much this year as it does next year and the year after.  Losing him and Freddie Barnett make it almost imperative we grab a guy in this class that is ready to play right away.  May even have to go the juco route. 
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

mj4president

I still do not understand why players fail to qualify. High School is really easy. My ACT was just good enough to get into and the U of A but my GPA was a 3.6.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

RazorAg

Where'd this info come from?  Just curious.  I had seen that it was speculated, but not in concrete.

hogsmaster

Didn't realize he had trouble qualifying.  Too bad.  Hope he makes the grade at JUCO or prep school and makes it to Fayetteville.

JackJohnson

Quote from: Tomcat on July 31, 2007, 08:16:46 pm
That's too bad.  This comes as a surprise to me.  That is now 3 that FTQ...

He was considered a risk the whole time, but they hoped he would qualify from everything i had read on him.  Heres to hoping that unlike the two RB's, he goes to prep school where we will have a much better chance of getting him back, plus it is like a redshirt year in which we need to start doing on our line recruits...

Realist

Theres always one that comes out of nowhere. 

PorkSoda

That's too bad.  We desperately need bodies on the DLine and like most lineman, they need a year or two to bulk up to get ready for the SEC.  Hopefully we will get a couple more DT's in this recruiting class or we'll be back to converting WR's to DE's in a couple years.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Jim Harris

"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

hogsanity

Seems like the problems our guys run into is not with the ACT score, but with the core courses they dont take in HS.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Razorback Pastor

FBPLAYER65

Dudley reported it on Bo's show yesterday.

Razorback Pastor

PorkSoda

Does it mean anything that Hogwired lists him as a freshman and even assigned him a number?  J Franklin and M Harris are listed also but without a number.

http://www.hogwired.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=30724&SPID=2419&DB_OEM_ID=6100&SORT_ORDER=6&Q_SEASON=2007&PRINTABLE_PAGE=

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

FBPLAYER65

He isn't making it in. Maybe they expected him to and gave him a number.

SoTexHog

why?  ACT or core course GPA.  Richardson Tx has a good school system.  difficult to believe he couldn't qualify.

Bomis Hawg

Some people aren't as skilled in the classroom as others.  I'd rather have someone not make it than make it due to someone "giving them a grade" and hurting the school.

It happens.  Plus, some kids don't care about academics.  We don't know the case.  Didn't Lawrence Richardson have a learning disorder, reason why he had to wait a year to play for Arkansas?

jackflash

I wonder is he going to Arkansas Baptist, if so were doing a good job of recruiting for them.