Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6 walkons

Started by pgmhawg, July 31, 2007, 01:14:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pgmhawg

does anyone know about the rivals article about 6 walkons for the fall. if so could you post something about it

FootballHog

Arent some of them Auburns players?

Hawgballz

Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

hog37

July 31, 2007, 03:39:14 pm #3 Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 03:43:07 pm by hog37
No, all Arkansas High School kids.  Doubtful any will ever contribute on the Hill.  Maybe One.

Eric Cartman

Quote from: hog37 on July 31, 2007, 03:39:14 pm
No, all Arkansas High School kids.  Doubtful any will ever contribute on the Hill.  Maybe One.

you gotta think that maybe one will. walk ons come in with a totally different attitude, ala brandon b. and parker.

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

hawgwash

Isn't one a QB from California?

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

PRJ is one of them.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

hog20

Austin Tucker and Bo Scott from Shiloh are both walking on.

#1 STUNNA

John William Durmon feom warren is walking on

HoopHog

July 31, 2007, 10:42:41 pm #9 Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 10:44:31 pm by HoopHog

and you say this because?

I hope you aren't drawing upon a steeped knowledge of the success of walk-ons at the U of A when you say that.  Many contemporary Hog fans will readily remember names like Tom Crowder, Zac Painter and Brandon Burlsworth.  Oh yeah, ALL walk ons...and that is just a few of many who have made noticeable contributions to Hog football.  Thank God for a walk on kicker from last season.  Given Nutt's lack of thorough consideration for having a decent kicker, this guy came through big time!

old hog

Good post. +1. All good teams need their walk-ons. And occasionally one turns into a real gem.

Lanlord

Quote from: HoopHog on July 31, 2007, 10:42:41 pm

I hope you aren't drawing upon a steeped knowledge of the success of walk-ons at the U of A when you say that.  Many contemporary Hog fans will readily remember names like Tom Crowder, Zac Painter and Brandon Burlsworth.  Oh yeah, ALL walk ons...and that is just a few of many who have made noticeable contributions to Hog football.  Thank God for a walk on kicker from last season.  Given Nutt's lack of thorough consideration for having a decent kicker, this guy came through big time!

Preach it brother!

Wu Tang Clan

You can add Stephen Parker, George Wilson, and Mitch Petrus to that list. 

Mr. Perfect

Man, time flies is it fall already? I thought this forum was about recruiting.

Hawgballz

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on July 31, 2007, 11:03:41 pm
Quote from: Wu Tang Clan on July 31, 2007, 11:01:25 pm

You can add Stephen Parker, George Wilson, and Mitch Petrus to that list. 

And you can add NO championships to that list, too.

What the HE11 does that have to do with this thread.  Is it that boring on MMQB tonight?
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

snf6278

Who are lee and dale? Are they new recruits? I guess I missed the info on them. Does Rivals have any info about that I can check out?

Mr. Perfect

AMEN! These kids walk-on with one wish to be a Razorback. How can anyone bash some local kid who watched the Hogs their whole life and will do anything to become one? Also, how could anyone think their personal hygiene (not shaving) has anything to do with who's the coach at the University of Arkansas?   

Bomis Hawg

Getting excited about Walk-ons is fine.  It is vital to the team.  I don't see how saying that those guys didn't win anything has to do with the thread.

George Wilson and Brandon Burlsworth made a name at the school.  I wouldn't tarnish their names, or the future walk-ons, based on that fact.

hog37

They were all walk on kickers!  07' was the first year under Nutt that a scholie was given to a kicker.  As an old walkon on the Hill, I know what it takes and the odds are stacked against them.  Getting on the field is no easy task and one of them will be lucky to do it..

ListenHereMister

Auburn's best WR-Rod Smith?  is starting ahead of 5* WR Tim Hawthorne.
Rod Smith was a WALKON!!

So even for those who like to bash the U of A, it appears other SEC teams do the
same thing.

Wes Craven

Under Tom Osbourne Nebraska made a living out of their walk on program. They had kids turning down Division I scholarships to walk-on at Nebraska. Even some All-Americans came out of their walk on program. Those kids are vital to the success of a program. The six kids in the article are the invited walk ons which is a little more prestigious than just a walk on. They are guaranteed a spot on the team when the season starts and they are kids who were borderline Division I kids.

SoTexHog

Let's just say walk-on players are important for the intagilbles they bring.  And as an added bonus, every once in a while a walk-on turns out to be a player.

Bomis Hawg

Having a 4.4 WR that walked on because he was 5'9" is good for your scout team.  Ditto for a QB that is undersized and is fast.

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on August 01, 2007, 07:54:00 am
Getting excited about Walk-ons is fine.  It is vital to the team.  I don't see how saying that those guys didn't win anything has to do with the thread.

George Wilson and Brandon Burlsworth made a name at the school.  I wouldn't tarnish their names, or the future walk-ons, based on that fact.

It was my opinion that raving about current walk-ons is typical of the mediocre mentality of this state.  It was very pertinent to this thread.

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

justmaybe

O'Donahue was given a scholarship 6 years ago as a kicker. Skinner was given a scholarship. One panned out the other didn't. Few D1 schools give scholarships to kickers anymore. They have to come and earn them.

SoTexHog

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 01, 2007, 12:52:22 pm

It was my opinion that raving about current walk-ons is typical of the mediocre mentality of this state.  It was very pertinent to this thread.

Nobody was "raving" about walk-on players.  The thread started out asking who they were.  That was followed by how guys walking on show a lot of guts and desire.  Then a couple of posts about how there have been walk-ons which turned out to be pretty good players.  And finally your posts which, of course, are negative in every aspect.  Let's just hope the 19 guys who've said they want to be Razorbacks honor their commitments better than you have honored yours to not post again until the season started.

Quote from: SoTexHog on August 02, 2007, 11:41:36 am

Nobody was "raving" about walk-on players.  The thread started out asking who they were.  That was followed by how guys walking on show a lot of guts and desire.  Then a couple of posts about how there have been walk-ons which turned out to be pretty good players.  And finally your posts which, of course, are negative in every aspect.  Let's just hope the 19 guys who've said they want to be Razorbacks honor their commitments better than you have honored yours to not post again until the season started.

I was lied to about how easy it would be to not get on here.

Conway4Hogs

Quote from: justmaybe on August 01, 2007, 05:42:53 pm
O'Donahue was given a scholarship 6 years ago as a kicker. Skinner was given a scholarship. One panned out the other didn't. Few D1 schools give scholarships to kickers anymore. They have to come and earn them.
Maybe just Maybe they didn't work out because of a certain special teams coach?

FootballHog

Rudy was a walk-on, brotha!

SoTexHog

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 02, 2007, 02:09:43 pm

then you lied to yourself

Quote from: SoTexHog on August 02, 2007, 05:21:47 pm

I think I might of made a big mistake... :'(

351hog

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 02, 2007, 06:44:12 pm

Please go back to MMQB

hillbilly

Chad Johnson from Ozark is walking on. The first year will be big for him to get in the weight room but he is a very smart kid(32 ACT) and a hard worker, I hope he does well.

Quote from: 351hog on August 02, 2007, 06:48:30 pm
Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on August 02, 2007, 06:44:12 pm

Please go back to MMQB
Please kiss my arse.

cubbie

Rudy Rudy Rudy Rudy.......
If you were a Hotdog would you eat yourself? I know I would.

arklahoman36

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on July 31, 2007, 03:48:51 pm
PRJ is one of them.

Does volunteering to be a blocking dummy qualify as being a walk-on?