Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who's next?

Started by hogfan0307, July 30, 2007, 07:46:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan0307

Anybody have any idea how many commits we will have by the start of the season?

Also...who will be the next few commits to pull the trigger?

My guesses would be:
Cameron Henderson DE
Dennis Johnson RB
Greg Brown CB (hopefully)

Hawgballz

Quote from: hogfan0307 on July 30, 2007, 07:46:49 pm

My guesses would be:
Cameron Henderson DE
Dennis Johnson RB

I believe Cam Henderson will pull the trigger pretty soon if he is going to, but the Auburn offer may have taken him from us.  I would love to see Johnson go ahead and commit so he can really concentrate on his academics this year.  I am not sure that there is a spot left for Brown with the commitment of Robinson today.
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

1longshot

you've got to be kidding a guy like brown has a spot all the way till number 25+ however many they oversign quality corners are like dollar bills never enough

HoopHog

My guesses would be:
Cameron Henderson DE
Dennis Johnson RB

I think we may see the Hogs level off at 20 before the high school football season start.

The next to commit?  I'm guessing DE Cameron Henderson out of Alabama and/or Danny White, linebacker out of Florida (if he can get his visits in before the season starts).

Greg Brown is still getting offers and has not taken any "official" visits as of yet.  So, I doubt he will pull the trigger very soon.

Personally, I don't think things will pan out for the Hogs and Dennis Johnson.  I could be wrong, but I see him ending up at La Tech or Tulsa.  The talk is usually strong on potential running backs and discussion has cooled on DJ...usually a sign that Arkansas has cooled on a prospect, as they pursue other options (just like Broderick Green last year).  It may be a wait and see how he does his senior season position, too.

SoTexHog

I hope it's Stacy McGee.  Fat chance he commit this early, but it would be nice.  We need linemen on both sides of the ball.

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

351hog

Henderson
Then maybe Edwards?  I think we only take 1 more cb and either Brown or Edwards needs to jump on board.

And I do see Joe Adams coming here when it is all said and done, but I bet it will be a few games into the year before he does.  Georgia is the team to worry about with Joe though.

Eric Cartman

would we take Dennis Johnson knowing that he will probably go to JUCO next year?

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

leavenworth1

Quote from: mj4president on July 31, 2007, 06:32:02 pm
Bill Goldberg?

Not too sure about that right now, but It'd be really great if we could go ahead and get Bill Lumberg.

FWF79

Where are the O and D Line recruits
Offensive recruits are exciting but defense is where we need the most help besides ??? I wont get into my opinion on the administration.

TMc

July 31, 2007, 07:53:20 pm #10 Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 09:48:35 pm by TMc
Hoop.., Dennis Johnson's problem is grades.., I don't think UA is cooling on him due to his talent.., just academics.. FWIW.. I know a NLR asst high school coach who told me this summer he thought Dennis Johnson was the best running back in the state.

irishhoss

Quote from: leavenworth1 on July 31, 2007, 07:30:52 pm

Not too sure about that right now, but It'd be really great if we could go ahead and get Bill Lumberg.

Ummmm.......yeah...........I'm gonna have to ask you to go ahead and commit this weekend........
You could have it all, my empire of dirt.
I will let you down, I will make you hurt.

Junkyard Hog

Quote from: TMc on July 31, 2007, 07:53:20 pm
Hoop.., Dennis Johnson's problem is grades.., I don't think UA is cooling on him due to his talent.., just academics.. FWIW.. I know a NLR asst high school coach he told me this summer he thought Dennis Johnson was the best running back in the state.

I have heard he favors Oklahoma over us.

Eric Cartman

Quote from: Junkyard Hog on July 31, 2007, 08:38:29 pm
Hoop.., Dennis Johnson's problem is grades.., I don't think UA is cooling on him due to his talent.., just academics.. FWIW.. I know a NLR asst high school coach he told me this summer he thought Dennis Johnson was the best running back in the state.

the told him they had a good "part-time" job available for him.

"You're breaking my balls."   "Wuteva, I do what I want!"   "Sweeeeeet!"   "Lame"   "Weak"
"You guys, You guys!" (Excited by something he has found) "I will kick you squah in the nuts!"

The_Bionic_Pig

SUNDAY around noone  ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The Boar War

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on July 31, 2007, 09:17:27 pm
SUNDAY around noone  ;)

What?  You're telling me I have to wait until Sunday for another recruit.  I was looking for another one tommorrow.  I guess I've been spoiled here lately.

ListenHereMister

Who is it gonna be, Stewie?
Give us a hint.

Oh, welcome back Hoop Hog!
Hope to hear you on DTS soon!

351hog

Quote from: ListenHereMister on August 01, 2007, 08:16:39 am
Who is it gonna be, Stewie?
Give us a hint.

Oh, welcome back Hoop Hog!
Hope to hear you on DTS soon!

I know who Stewie is talking about but if I post his name then Rivals will think I somehow got info off their site without having a membership. 

J.A.Y.

SO...give us a hint 351
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

ListenHereMister

Or a PM could mysteriously appear?!?!

PigWig

Quote from: ListenHereMister on August 01, 2007, 08:34:00 am
Or a PM could mysteriously appear?!?!
I might want a mystery message too.

351hog

Quote from: J.A.Y. on August 01, 2007, 08:21:54 am
SO...give us a hint 351

If it is cool with a mod, then I will post his name....but I will NOT talk about my source b/c I would like to keep them as my source.

arklahoman36

I don't think OU has offered Johnson, if they have, it would be as a DB. And I don't see them going for a DB that small.

arklahoman36

Quote from: HoopHog on July 30, 2007, 11:28:55 pm

My guesses would be:
Cameron Henderson DE
Dennis Johnson RB

I think we may see the Hogs level off at 20 before the high school football season start.

The next to commit?  I'm guessing DE Cameron Henderson out of Alabama and/or Danny White, linebacker out of Florida (if he can get his visits in before the season starts).

Greg Brown is still getting offers and has not taken any "official" visits as of yet.  So, I doubt he will pull the trigger very soon.

Personally, I don't think things will pan out for the Hogs and Dennis Johnson.  I could be wrong, but I see him ending up at La Tech or Tulsa.  The talk is usually strong on potential running backs and discussion has cooled on DJ...usually a sign that Arkansas has cooled on a prospect, as they pursue other options (just like Broderick Green last year).  It may be a wait and see how he does his senior season position, too.

They probably should slow down, if they have their eyes on some guys they REALLY want, that they think they're in good position with, but who will likely wait until close to signing day (or at least after their HS season) to commit.

I'm not saying you hold a schollie for someone like Arthur Brown, just because he made a visit. But if a DT like Stacey McGee says, you're in my final three, but I won't commit anywhere before December -- and you have a Plan B lined up, hold some schollies.

351hog

Quote from: arklahoman36 on August 01, 2007, 08:56:51 am

My guesses would be:
Cameron Henderson DE
Dennis Johnson RB

They probably should slow down, if they have their eyes on some guys they REALLY want, that they think they're in good position with, but who will likely wait until close to signing day (or at least after their HS season) to commit.

I'm not saying you hold a schollie for someone like Arthur Brown, just because he made a visit. But if a DT like Stacey McGee says, you're in my final three, but I won't commit anywhere before December -- and you have a Plan B lined up, hold some schollies.

A few players they should hold schollies for:  Arthur Brown, McGee, Gillispie, Owens, Joe Adams...cannot think of any others off the top of my head. 

arklahoman36

Quote from: 351hog on August 01, 2007, 09:01:40 am
Quote from: arklahoman36 on August 01, 2007, 08:56:51 am

My guesses would be:
Cameron Henderson DE
Dennis Johnson RB

A few players they should hold schollies for:  Arthur Brown, McGee, Gillispie, Owens, Joe Adams...cannot think of any others off the top of my head. 

If you get Adams, I don't know that you hold one for Owens. If Owens doesn't go to Fla., I think he goes OU if he stays close to home.

I would hold one for La. DT Joel Ross over Gillespie, but I think Ross is a Plan B for LSU, and if he gets offered late by LSU, he'll take it.

I've talked to ppl who've evaluated both. They're much higher on Ross than Gillespie. I've also seen Gillepsie play a couple times, and was impressed, but still surprised when he was ranked as high as he was with Scout and Rivals.

While I have to rely on other folks for an eval of Ross, I've seen Gillespie and McGee. McGee was hands down the better DT, and is much more athletic, which I think would fit with Herring better than Gillespie.

Peppa Pig

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on July 31, 2007, 09:17:27 pm
SUNDAY around noon  ;)

I'm afraid Sunday around noon is when Auburn is getting their next commit... not us.

Junkyard Hog

Quote from: arklahoman36 on August 01, 2007, 08:37:32 am

I don't think OU has offered Johnson, if they have, it would be as a DB. And I don't see them going for a DB that small.

I don't know if they have offered him or not, but I do know that is where he wants to go.  He would be a very short DB if that is what they want him for.

arklahoman36

Quote from: Junkyard Hog on August 01, 2007, 09:42:11 am
Quote from: arklahoman36 on August 01, 2007, 08:37:32 am

I don't know if they have offered him or not, but I do know that is where he wants to go.  He would be a very short DB if that is what they want him for.

Exactly on the DB thing, that's why I said I don't think they'd go for a DB that small.
They are stacked at RB now, and unless a big-time RB comes to them and says I want to go to OU, they aren't going to take another RB, outside of one they might convert to FB -- and DJ doesn't fit at that position either.