Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TE Andrew Ellison Commits to . . .

Started by The Coletrain, July 30, 2007, 07:00:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Coletrain

. . . SMU today. Looks like he decided to stay in-state I guess.  Apparently played well enough to be considered for an offer at our senior camp.  Don't know if we softened our stance on him or if he decided this was the best fit for him.  Either way, our search continues for a TE in this class, and best of luck to him with his decision.   
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

The Recruiting Guy

He ran a pair of 4.75 40s at Sr. camp. That didn't help him with Arkansas.

He looks the part of a TE but his times hurt.

The Coletrain

I didn't think I'd ever see the day when your 245-pound TE would run a 4.75 40 and it cost him a scholarship for being too slow!!  My how the game has changed over the years. 
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

HoopHog

He will do well at SMU.  Good luck to the kid!

Bomis Hawg

A young core of players (WR Sanders and QB Willis).  SMU is moving back up in the world.  They are no longer dead last at football.

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: The Coletrain on July 30, 2007, 07:00:10 pm
. . . SMU today. Looks like he decided to stay in-state I guess.  Apparently played well enough to be considered for an offer at our senior camp.  Don't know if we softened our stance on him or if he decided this was the best fit for him.  Either way, our search continues for a TE in this class, and best of luck to him with his decision.

it seems that we could go a year or two without recruiting a TE since it looks like Grant Freeman and Jake Bequette of last year's class were both put at TE.  that gives us 6 TE's:

1 A. Davie
2. B. Cleveland
3. L. Thompson
4. D.J. Williams
5. J. Bequette
6. G. Freeman
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

J.A.Y.

There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: J.A.Y. on August 01, 2007, 09:51:15 am
I thought Freeman was put at Tackle?

he's listed as a TE on hogwired.com for next year, #80.  I'm sure they're going to redshirt him and put some weight on him, but I guess they wanted to go ahead and give him a number should he play this year.  but he's only listed at 6'7" 250 lbs. so he can't play OT
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE