Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who is Arkansas best football recruiter?

Started by hogsmaster, July 29, 2007, 08:28:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogsmaster

I know that David Lee has locked up the most players in this year's class so far, including all the Warren and Camden players, and Tracy Rocker continues keep the Georgia pipeline open, but I think Chris Vaugh is the best recruiter on staff.

He may not be as good of a coach on the field as some of the other, but I think having him on the staff as the ace recruiter really helps with our out-state recruiting.  He landed Crowell out of nowhere last year and Okapara from Houston this year.  I expect him to land a couple of more big fish in this recruiting class.

jbhicks

We are very lucky to have David Lee, Chris Vaughn, and Tracy Rocker on staff. DL has the NFL experience that really helps. CV is so good with parents and is good in Florida. TR has a good name in Gerogia, and that helps. We need to find someone that can start to pull from Louisiana now. HDN made two great moves this offseason:

1. Hiring David Lee
2. Putting Coach Vaughn back on the recruiting trail

The Recruiting Guy

Vaughn, Shibest and David Lee are the best.

Vaughn relates well with the kids and the parents love him.

Shibest also relates well with the kids and evidently is funny as heck when talking to the recruits. Jermaine Love told me a few things that he and Shibest talked about and he was laughing the whole time. Jermaine loves Shibest.

One parent I talked to recently praised Lee big time. He's responsible for about half the class.

jbhicks

Oh yeah I forgot about Shibest, and I don't know how. He does do a great job on the recruiting trail.

COCHISE

July 29, 2007, 10:04:53 pm #4 Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 10:06:38 pm by 870 RZR
If Reggie just had a personality to go along with his credentials and history of putting guys in the league, he would be a huge asset with recruiting, although several recruits have stated that they do appreciate his honesty and no-nonsense approach...

Wess Moore

I can tell you after speaking at lengh with Greg Childs' father that he really likes Houston Nutt.  The Childs said one of their biggest turnoffs was coaches who call or text all the time.  Greg's dad said they made it clear that's the way they wanted it but many coaches ignored their request.  Greg's family is very religous and he made it clear they connected with HDN.

Oklahawg

Good to see that there is a group of coaches attracting players, and we're not putting all of our recruiting acumen on the back of a single coach.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Junkyard Hog

Chris Vaughn, David Lee, and Houston Nutt (the recruits seem to like him whether we do or not)

hogsmaster

Quote from: Wess Moore on July 29, 2007, 11:12:39 pm
I can tell you after speaking at lengh with Greg Childs' father that he really likes Houston Nutt.  The Childs said one of their biggest turnoffs was coaches who call or text all the time.  Greg's dad said they made it clear that's the way they wanted it but many coaches ignored their request.  Greg's family is very religous and he made it clear they connected with HDN.

I am a little surprise by this.  I thought we landed Childs mainly because of David Lee.

The Coletrain

Quote from: hogsmaster on July 30, 2007, 06:06:14 pm
Quote from: Wess Moore on July 29, 2007, 11:12:39 pm

I am a little surprise by this.  I thought we landed Childs mainly because of David Lee.

I've heard from a lot of folks over the years that HDN is a pretty good recruiter.  I don't know that he's ever going to be the hammer that comes in a closes the deal time-in and time-out.  But a lot of players and parents seem to respond to his personality and down-to-earth demeanor. 
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

Bomis Hawg

Once the other recruiters do their job and get the kid on campus, Herring is the real deal at finishing.

Shizzle

I think the entire staff has done a good job so far, with David Lee making a huge haul out of SE Arkansas. I don't know who could be better than Tracy Rocker when is comes to getting a couple really good players every year that I have never heard of. I didn't know Shibest was a good recruiter, I guess everybody has a calling. I am impressed with the entire staff and the class as a whole to date. i also think Jim Youngblood has helped recruit some players he sounds like in his interviews he gets after recruits to join him at Arkansas.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

Hawgballz

Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Realist

I think more players would like Herring's approach if they are being honest with themselves and not wanting to be pampered during the whole process

EastMemphisHog

hogsmaster

Quote from: Realist on July 31, 2007, 12:56:40 pm
I think more players would like Herring's approach if they are being honest with themselves and not wanting to be pampered during the whole process

Some like to be babied, others like a straight shooter.  No two recruits are alike.